Harrison Ford's Canal Boat Holiday

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

With Calista Flockhart, who I think he has since married?

Many will say "Who?" I guess, but at the time she was also quite well known.

Not sure it was true he was not recognised - I'd be surprised if he didn't have some minders following in another hire boat!

A boat, the Llangollen canal, Callista Flockhart. Sounds like a pretty good way to spend a week.

Yes, but I'm not completely sure it is a case of hiring a boat and Calista Flockhart is included as part of the boat's inventory.

I think you would actually have had to persuade her it was a good idea to go with you....

At the time it was alledged that whilst theytravelled on the boat during the day, they were actually transported to an Hotel for the overnight stays.

Cath and I once did a "Scenic Land Cruise" by train around the Highlands, which although it included one night in a hotel, the others were spent on the move in railway sleeping cars. (The joke about which is "the only way to get a good nights sleep in a sleeping car is to have already spent the previous night in one unable to sleep!").

The "lovely" Judith Chalmers was in our carriage, along with film crew, doing a piece for "Wish you Were Here", and was indeed spirited away to hotels for the nights we slept on the train.

Overall she did provide entertainment though, as she got so seriously pissed at one point that even after about a dozen attempts she had not managed to do a good take to camera that actually only involved her having to say one short sentence!

Cath and I once did a "Scenic Land Cruise" by train around the Highlands, which although it included one night in a hotel, the others were spent on the move in railway sleeping cars. (The joke about which is "the only way to get a good nights sleep in a sleeping car is to have already spent the previous night in one unable to sleep!").

The "lovely" Judith Chalmers was in our carriage, along with film crew, doing a piece for "Wish you Were Here", and was indeed spirited away to hotels for the nights we slept on the train.

Overall she did provide entertainment though, as she got so seriously pissed at one point that even after about a dozen attempts she had not managed to do a good take to camera that actually only involved her having to say one short sentence!

I travelled to Sydney from Alice Springs on "The Ghan" train which was in a sleeping car for 2 nights. I had two very peaceful nights of sleep. Superb. I have also over nighted on a sleeper to Scotland From London on the train several years ago and it was great too.

We encountered her in Buckingham Palace gardens, she's a bit rough in the flesh!

Oi, go find your own thread - this isn't your kind of fantasy

Richard

So do you really find skinny bony Callista attractive? How WEIRD!

We encountered her in Buckingham Palace gardens, she's a bit rough in the flesh!

She was a bit rough through much of the trip. She liked the "hospitality it seemed".

Oi, go find your own thread - this isn't your kind of fantasy

Richard

Harrison Ford?

...but did he make the Braunston run in under 50 parsecs?

With Calista Flockhart, who I think he has since married?

Many will say "Who?" I guess, but at the time she was also quite well known.

Not sure it was true he was not recognised - I'd be surprised if he didn't have some minders following in another hire boat!

A decided improvement on Chewbacca.

We saw pictures of them having dinner brought out to them on the boat at Lion Keys, so when we passed it the following year we thought we'd better visit and see what it was like. We were rather disappointed in it; poor beer and mediocre food.

When we were out on Copperkins recently, Timothy West and Prunella Scales were being filmed at several places on the Llangollen. We were moored above Frankton locks waiting to go down the next day when a hire boat came up (about 7pm) and moored across from us. T & P were supposed to stay on it overnight but a fuse had blown or something, meaning that they had no lights etc so they were taken to a hotel. They came back the next morning with the film crew and it was like watching paint dry watching the filming. T was filmed emerging onto the back deck in the morning and looking around, as one does. Then P was filmed bringing him up a jacket or something then they were filmed casting off. We thought they were going to leave the G clamp they had moored with but T ponted out to the film crew to put it back on board. They left and I think they went to Llangollen for more filming.

We wondered if they were doing a promotoinal film for the Llangollen but neither of us actually asked!

haggis