What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

A folding prop is what WAFIS use to prevent losing .0001 of a knot when using renewable energy instead of fossil fuels to get to where they want to go.

From weeks of testing, which you do when you spend £700 on a new gizmo, I reckon it gained us one whole knot of boat speed, under sail, on a good day. It doesn't sound much, but it soon adds up crossing the Channel, at the thick end!

No, sorry mate, there's the odd pic I put on here, few pages back are the keel work.

I don't take photos while I'm working on her, mainly cos im lazy!

Sometimes I wish I had took more photos, then I remember all the effort is etched into my mind anyway!

I'll hopefully remember to take a couple of photos of the lockers today after work.

I have a good imagination kida ;), and i am sure its look well. And yep, it can be a pain taking pics whilst trying to do a job, my phone has as much resin on it as the boat i think lol.

• 4 weeks later...

We have fettled many things since Christmas.

The raw water pump was completely over hauled.

DSC_1473.jpg

And the original alternator that caused us so much hassle at the back end of last year was replaced with a new one. Unfortunately it then transpired that the new one had a faulty voltage regulator. So it had to go back and a new one sent in it's place. So we are now on alternator three in six months. This one seems to be working as it should though so fingers crossed it is problem solved.

We bought some new props. The original VP props were of the older A series design. In the last couple of years these have been replaced and will evetually be phased out for the new J series props. So we thought we might as well go with the newer design.

DSC_1469.jpg

DSC_1470.jpg

DSC_1481_2.jpg

The cockpit tables was cleaned up and retreated.

DSC_1414.jpg

And then we had a general polish and tidy up of the exterior of the boat.

DSC_1484.jpg

DSC_1488.jpg

Before being dunked back in ready for a busy summer of cruising.

• Greenie 1

Pedant alert - no such thing strictly speaking.

Well, sort of, but "centripetal force" is more concise.

N

Tightened the grub screws on the top bearing of the belt drive. It's a daily job ATM.

Completed the journey to Little Venice for the Cavalcade.

Polished brass.

Fitted up the fixings for the bunting that Mrs Theodora has made over the last day or two.

N

Semco Teak sealant.

Looks great, is it suitabable for "teak lookalike" hardwoods?

I rubbed down and used Sadolin on my hardwood deck board 2 years ago. Now it needs doing again, because the new "improved" Sadolin is water based rubbish.

I was thinking of using Le Tonkinous oil this time, but like the look of the Semco.

Looks great, is it suitabable for "teak lookalike" hardwoods?

I rubbed down and used Sadolin on my hardwood deck board 2 years ago. Now it needs doing again, because the new "improved" Sadolin is water based rubbish.

I was thinking of using Le Tonkinous oil this time, but like the look of the Semco.

I have got no idea sorry.

We have fettled many things since Christmas.

The raw water pump was completely over hauled.

And the original alternator that caused us so much hassle at the back end of last year was replaced with a new one. Unfortunately it then transpired that the new one had a faulty voltage regulator. So it had to go back and a new one sent in it's place. So we are now on alternator three in six months. This one seems to be working as it should though so fingers crossed it is problem solved.

We bought some new props. The original VP props were of the older A series design. In the last couple of years these have been replaced and will evetually be phased out for the new J series props. So we thought we might as well go with the newer design.

The cockpit tables was cleaned up and retreated.

And then we had a general polish and tidy up of the exterior of the boat.

Before being dunked back in ready for a busy summer of cruising.

Oh lovely, good to see you slumming it on the no good forum againclapping.gif

Well as it has been a naff day and nothing boaty to do, well there has been as i started to make this for the cruiser, but nothing that i needed to do like prep work.

It is a much needed item though for the serious boater, .

Now what could it be ?????

post-8285-0-83053200-1462124340_thumb.jpgpost-8285-0-28898400-1462124477_thumb.jpgpost-8285-0-13390700-1462124604_thumb.jpg

post-8285-0-03809800-1462122999_thumb.jpg

post-8285-0-77527600-1462123146_thumb.jpg

post-8285-0-41519100-1462123274_thumb.jpg

Edited by W+T

Beer can holder....... YES WHAT DO I WIN

Darren

OMG soooo close a wine bottle holder :)

( how did you guess that ohmy.png , unless you cheated and researched in another thread )

OMG soooo close a wine bottle holder :)

( how did you guess that :o , unless you cheated and researched in another thread )

I've read everything you've done to this boat, and what a great job you've done so far. Keep the updates coming.

Darren

I've read everything you've done to this boat, and what a great job you've done so far. Keep the updates coming.

Darren

Ah ok you win...............

Well yesterday as the engine coughed a couple of times during the morning and at lunch time it was chucking it down with rain I changed the primary fuel filter. no water or gunge found thank goodness.

Today after checking the prop I made and fitted a new weed hatch seal. I don't use tape but a sheet of closed cell foam on the underside of the weed hatch lid.

I have glued down my stern roof hatch's metal sliding strips as both had come lose and would slide along with the hatch itself. I used a instant wet grab sealant/ adhesive compound then put some Morris Dancers' Grease on the sliders for super smooth action (watch ya clothing :( though ) All good so far :)