sad but positive.

luctor et emergo

Featured Posts

Hey Luc

I'm even more cross that we didn't make it to the K&A this year because you were one of the people I was looking forward to meeting. From what you've said it's the right decision - sometimes we reach a time in our lives when it simply isn't working and pulling the plug and starting again is the best thing to do, but very brave. I was there once and it isn't easy. I wish you all the very best.

Whatever you do please don't be a stranger cheers.gif

ETA love the thread title - sums it up for me - you'll be fine

Edited by Ange

Don,t dwell on what might have been

or chances that you missed

or lonely nights that lay between

the last time lovers kissed

Don't grasp to hard on memories

of things that never came

the doors that did not open

or the wind that killed the flame

There's time. Time to try again.

Best of luck.

Edited by Puckle
  • Greenie 1

Don,t dwell on what might have been

or chances that you missed

or lonely nights that lay between

the last time lovers kissed

Don't grasp to hard on memories

of things that never came

the doors that did not open

of the wind that killed the flame

There's time. Time to try again.

Best of luck.

Brilliant!

May good luck find you and a fair wind greet you when you reach the Bristol Channel.

May see you then as my friend has a 50' Marlin boat at Penarth that we sleep on when back in Wales, fishing and cruising the Welsh and Avon waters.

Pob lwc.

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the wind shine warm upon your face & the rains fall soft upon your fields, & until we meet.. May your God hold hold you in the palm of His hand.

Best wishes Luc. Don't leave me to sort that lot in the unSTABLE realms alone... I'd have to resign!

Like many on here, you're a dreamer. But unlike some, you're the best sort - one who acts on his dream, rather than sits and waits and wishes. Keeping that same spirit will lead you to many more adventures in the future. Best of luck! Keep posting.

Good luck with the new adventure. When you get the boat on the coast remember- rubber line snubbers are your friend(do not buy metal spring ones they will drive you nuts) and there is nothing better than opening a cabin door with only miles of beautiful sea as your garden and the thought that you can cross as much of it as you like.

Hmmm I miss the coast.

Just a quick response, thank you all for your responses, I will respond in more detail later, in a new post, and will get in touch with some of you via PM when I get my phone etc sorted out... been a bit of a nightmare weekend. First a phone went into the river, then the replacement went into the canal two days later. All the things around moving off my boat, and looking for the new one, were scuttled by last minute chances at work...

Laters

Hello Henk,

Reading your post has evoked contrasting emotions for me. Sadness that you are leaving the canals, but satisfaction in knowing that you are preparing well for the next chapter in your life.

Probably like many forum members, I too have encountered traumas - both personal and financial - throughout the journey of life and thankfully, struggled and emerged stronger than before, not to mention much wiser. I often muse about those testing times and how I felt that happiness would elude me. Little did I know then that I would end up here, on the canals, with a wonderful partner who makes me so happy.

Veel success en dank u voor uw bedrijf......!

You certainly have more than your fair share of Dutch courage.

Mike

Edited by Doorman