Good ol' fashioned canal rage

Chris Pink

Featured Posts

[quote name="mayalld" post="1101535" timestamp="1373275143

Does the term "Pompous Prat" fit such a person?

Oy! Watch it!

Oops, there I go again jumping to conclusions and being rude.

If we could all avoid those two things things would be so much better.

There are no ladies, beautiful or otherwise, out and about that I can see at present, and there are unlikely to be any until Mrs M returns home.

From this, I deduce, Mrs Mayall reads the forum............ :)

Indeed. Dealing with one at the moment - maintain sufficient way to avoid crashing into every boat on a linear mooring (twice) in a brisk crosswind and get moaned at for not travelling at the mythical tickover speed.

I was indulging in the sort of pedantry Mr P likes to employ. It's the crews that have a reputation they may or may not deserve. Currently writing a Code of Conduct for our volunteers - would be happy to compare it with everyone elses ....

Yes - nearly got taken out by a bus in London on Friday through being thoroughly distracted.

are you saying she looked like the back end of a bus (a la inverdale).....

To be fair to Chris I have always understood the way of attracting the attention of another male in France is to use the term 'Monsieur'

This applies whether it be to a waiter or a percived queue jumper at a lock.

'Oy' would have got my goat too. unless f course in yorkshire where it normally suufices.

Oy! Watch it!

Oops, there I go again jumping to conclusions and being rude.

If we could all avoid those two things things would be so much better.

I merely offered a description of an individual and invited the OP (who had used that term to describe another boater) to comment on whether the person I had described would likewise deserve that epithet.

There are no ladies, beautiful or otherwise, out and about that I can see at present, and there are unlikely to be any until Mrs M returns home.

Come down to Gas Street Basin then and join us in a game of 'Jogger!'. it's a simple game, either in its original form or in the 'snog, marry, avoid' variant. Sophisticated and P.C. it ain't but it still beats watching Eastenders by a fair margin, and the drunker you get the more talented at it you become. cheers.gif

I don't think that is any way to speak about a prospective date.

It's not been the same since they got rid of all the back entry models. I used to be particularly fond of the Lodekka Bristols.

Having just returned from my maiden voyage on my rebuilt (though still mercifully scruffy) 1980s BSA racing bicycle...my first bike ride since moving ashore, quitting smoking and gaining 5 stone of middle-aged lard, I can safely say any beautiful ladies that may have been gracing Rugby town centre were safe from my gaze, being blinded by sweat pouring off my forehead into my eyes as my lungs screamed for oxygen, my heart tried to pound its way out of my chest cavity and my belly bounced on the cross bar.

I am determined to be fit again by fifty but IT HURTS!

God loves a tryer!

2lxdm3b.jpg

Carl out on his babe magnet.......

(May the retribution be swift and painless)

Edited by Doorman

Save the arguing for winter; has nobody noticed that all the beautiful ladies are out and about in this weather? WTF is wrong with you?

DLW gives me the cold shoulder if she even thinks I am looking :(

I think 'chatte' may be the word you seek?

?????

No, une chatte is a tabby or female cat. Whatever you're accusing Monsieur la Rose of, you surely aren't suggesting that he has undergone a sex change?

I thought I might at least get a bonus point for knowing the French equivalent of "Pot calling the kettle black." sad.png

it is true mr T, you did give me a giggle and increase my knowledge of French (i am on the look out for an opportunity to show off so i better practice it good). But there was only one bonus point (this time ;-) and so overwhelmed by Doghouse's support it had to be him.

A plus tard.

?????

No, une chatte is a tabby or female cat. Whatever you're accusing Monsieur la Rose of, you surely aren't suggesting that he has undergone a sex change?

An education in french slang, Monsieur.