Suitable gift for new boatees

Kanchimaya

Featured Posts

An A4 Slimm Tuff Box. This is a plastic transparent document case that will fit an open Nicholson's map book perfectly keeping it nice and dry in case it rains. I have never seen anyone else use one but I would not be without mine and everyone I have given one to is delighted by it.

Available from good stationers and made by Tiger stationary ltd. Website is www.tigerstat.co.uk

An A4 Slimm Tuff Box. This is a plastic transparent document case that will fit an open Nicholson's map book perfectly keeping it nice and dry in case it rains. I have never seen anyone else use one but I would not be without mine and everyone I have given one to is delighted by it.

We use them all the time.

Can usually be found Rymans - never managed to find them in Smiths or Staples.

I can however attest to the fact that in enough of a deluge some water can get in. Perhaps you moor up sooner than we do when the heavens really open!

Folding chair to tempt summer

Folding sack truck trolley

Sea searcher magnet for if they don't have a floating key ring.

Or ask them if there is any kit they need if you dont want to buy vouchers. My old boat had a wishlist of things it needed.

A Nicholsons or Pearsons Guide to their local area. Best check first whether they already have one though!

(After we first moved aboard my sister in law confided that she'd debated various moving aboard prezzies for us. Amongst them were Rosie & Jim dolls and captain and first mate hats. When she saw my face she realised not buying these had been a wise decision!)

Rosie & Jim toys - that's what we were given even though we've never seen it. :D

Mrs TNC knitted some...they drowned at sea and I burnt the knitting pattern. She still thinks they are in the loft. :help:

There are also numerous books about boating, waterways etc. Or a kit of essentials? To include firelighters, torch, gaffa tape, 'S' hooks, coffee, whisky, chocolate, matches or lighter, 'blue', Bluetac, & if they have a dog, poo bags!

Edited by Ally
  • Greenie 1