Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm now looking for the best offer I can get for this boat since she needs salvage and restoration, after being neglected by a prospective buyer during the summer. She's taken on some water but is still afloat (just!). Prior to the 'sale' she was afloat and moving around the system. "

Oh dear...

I did wonder if Carlt had a new boat.

If I had the money to buy Ian then I'd have the money to buy a much better boat and still have a few £k change.

Edited to add: If I had the money to buy Ian I'd have the money to buy Hazel and still have a few £k to spend on Oak planks...sad.png

Walk away Carl!...

RUN AWAY!!

Edited by carlt

From the advert:

"I'm now lookinf for the best offer I can get for this boat since she needs salvage and restoration, after being neglected by a prospective buyer during the summer. She's taken on some water but is still afloat (just!). Prior to the 'sale' she was afloat and moving around the system.

Previously a liveaboard she's been mostly stripped out inside.
"

Sounds to me as though this boat has approximately zero value now. Reading between the lines it sounds to me as though the prospective buyer started work over the summer and after stripping out the interior, didn't like what they saw and baled out (so to speak), failing to complete the purchase.

Seller appears to have a time machine camera too... photo taken on 24th September 2013!

What became of the other HAZEL, by the way?

MtB

Wasn't the person who had the Barlows Hazel on here a few months back trying to take it up north but it wouldn't fit through Napton so was having to take it the long way around?

Found it...

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57734&hl=hazel#entry1094365

Edited by IanM

Wasn't the person who had the Barlows Hazel on here a few months back trying to take it up north but it wouldn't fit through Napton so was having to take it the long way around?

Found it...

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57734&hl=hazel#entry1094365

I seem to remember giving advice on her, guess it didnt work!!

The one on the duck is motorised. She's the 1957 Barlows Hazel. The one in Alans video is the (1914?) Runcorn wooden header.

Dan

The wooden header HAZEL was motorised in about 1950, and prior to its recent restoration has had a total of 4 different engines. The 'Barlows' HAZEL was motorised in 1965 and has had two different engines.

Sold yer bote then Luc? Interesting coz when you bought it, I'd had my eye on it for a while....

Wot'cher gonna do now then?

MtB

(Givin' you loadsa scope to criticise MY spellin', back!)

Buying a motor sailer, and sticking it in a coastal harbour/marina for a bit. Chill, and sort out life, from scratch.