Crocodile

Bobbybass

Featured Posts

We once saw a hippopotamus on the Aire & Calder.

I kid you not, it was in the distance and my mother

said that looks like a Hippo, and surely enough as we

drew closer a Hippo it was. An enormous Silentnight

one complete with pyjama bottoms.

It still makes us laugh when it's brought up in conversation.

He been eating the wrong beavers, then..

:cheers:

I do hope that we're all on the same wave length here, otherwise we'll be getting a call from the local RSPCA, failing that, the nearest Chinese restaurant. :unsure:

Edited by Doorman

If you should meet a crocodile

Don't take a stick and poke him.

Ignore the welcome of his smile,

Be careful not to stroke him.

For as he sleeps upon the Thames,

He thinner gets and thinner;

And whene'er you meet a crocodile

He's ready for his dinner.

Christine F Fletcher(with a change) :unsure:

Ive eaten some odd things in my travels, but Ive never eaten cat, small or large.

It's a colloquial thing Mike.

Anyway, naming your boat after the Baconites in Denmark will limit your pallet surely. :P

Edited by Doorman

It is quite hard to get your hands on alligator/ crocodiles as you need a dangerous animals licence to buy one. And they are not cheap to buy either.Suppose if you could get one without getting a licence and couldnt handle it the river might be the answer. I cant see one surviving for long in a river though as its digestive system needs (outside)heat to work,so expect one could survive a decent summer. Mind you I thought that about terrapins and they seem to survive quite happily..

Agreed, over here you need a DWA- but I attend retile expos in Europe and you can pick up a caimen for about 80euros, and in Germany they're not DWA.

There are also many wholesellers in the UK who import / export, some happy for the cash. I was offered a specy last year, the seller said he would mark it as died so would be 1 less piece of paperwork for him...

Temps wise though- in natural ranges most wont handle much below 20'c, and wont be eating at that point.

I would put my money on the croc turning out to be a monitor lizard-they can get big,swim,are predatory,very cheap or sometimes even free and no licence needed.

Near my parents house in Cornwall someone dumped an iguana on an island in the middle of a duck pond- but wasnt long before it vanished.

As you said, monitors are cheap ish and easy to get hold off.

There's been quite a few sighting of Capybara in the UK as well.

There as so many alien species, plant and animals in the wrong place now, and many have adapted.

It's a colloquial thing Mike.

:P

Go on, put an old man out of suspense, what is it then? Or is it a case of 'if you have to ask, you really don't want to know'.

Can't be as bad as lemur, or my first wife's meatloaf ( she was american and knew no better).

This is all nothing compared to what I seen on the Audlem flight.

ghostlock.jpg

:unsure:

:lol::lol::lol:

I wondered when my ghost would turn up again!

You've had it now :P

Go on, put an old man out of suspense, what is it then? Or is it a case of 'if you have to ask, you really don't want to know'.

Can't be as bad as lemur, or my first wife's meatloaf ( she was american and knew no better).

Well, our friend's first boat was called 'Witton Beaver' and every time they mentioned this any blokes within earshot would start sniggering and their female partners would look embarrassed.

Are you getting any warmer now?

It was the 'Beaver' part of the name that caused the laughter!

Mike

I don't think this information is correct; There is a ladybird spider colony that has recently been re-introduced to a nature reserve in Dorset, but these spiders are native to the UK and not tarantulas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/14479661

My link

It was several years ago when I read of a thriving colony in Dorset. Naturalists keep the location secret to protect them. It was 15 years or more ago that I read of a colony of scorpions in a disused railway tunnel. Seems that both colonies are harmless to humans.

Many years ago my sister-in-law found a strange insect at the bottom of her garden where a railway track used to run, she informed a local natural history museum who took it away, apparently it was foreign and had most likely fallen from a passing goods wagon which was not an uncommon occurence.

Edited by nb Innisfree