The Waterway "Class" system according to YouTube

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Seem to remember a video made by a boat club based on this but blowed if I can find it. The original sketch on the Frost Report was a hoot and the principle can be applied in many a scenario.

I am amused by it. Many a true word spoken in jest? :cheers:

For my money boat snobbery although it does exist is a fraction of the; dress; job; accent; car; postcode; logos on your clothes and all of the other ways people have of putting you on their social ladder in everyday life.

I can meet boaters from barely out of their teen to one foot in the grave (sometimes both feet in, but head still out), from the potless to the gilt edged and amazingly on the cut we all become if not equal them much more mch more egalitarian, generally both equally willing to give help and always grateful to receive it.

Except for the some of the people with big, shiny expensive boats they seem to have cornered the market in being ar*sholes, not all but too many for my liking. Rude gestures, shouting, waved arms,swearing all because someone didn't get out of their way or do what they expected them to do or generally were just there, thank God they die early of a heart attack, God's way of taking the stress merchants out of all our lives.

• Greenie 1

I thought it was funny. And, from my limited experience, I agree with Kevinl that there is much less snobbery on the cut. While looking for a boat I have talked to folks from what could be called all three classes and found them all to be friendly.

I thought it was quite funny, but since I have long since worked out that there are a fair few on this forum with no sense of humour, i don't expect my view to be shared by everyone. Of course, I look down on those with no sense of humour.

:lol:

This was posted earlier today.

and it was as rubbish then as it is now,

The audio is barely discernible and the basis of the 'script' does not bare any resemblance to reality.

I assume it's supposed to be funny - I don't find it so,

I look up to him because what he said about the audio & script is true

I thought it was quite funny, but since I have long since worked out that there are a fair few on this forum with no sense of humour, i don't expect my view to be shared by everyone. Of course, I look down on those with no sense of humour.

And I look up to him, because I have a sense of humour.

I know my place.

(But secretly, I look down on both of them because one has 'Chebs' for people to get on & the other has a shiny boat ;) )

For my money boat snobbery although it does exist is a fraction of the; dress; job; accent; car; postcode; logos on your clothes and all of the other ways people have of putting you on their social ladder in everyday life.

I can meet boaters from barely out of their teen to one foot in the grave (sometimes both feet in, but head still out), from the potless to the gilt edged and amazingly on the cut we all become if not equal them much more mch more egalitarian, generally both equally willing to give help and always grateful to receive it.

Except for the some of the people with big, shiny expensive boats they seem to have cornered the market in being ar*sholes, not all but too many for my liking. Rude gestures, shouting, waved arms,swearing all because someone didn't get out of their way or do what they expected them to do or generally were just there, thank God they die early of a heart attack, God's way of taking the stress merchants out of all our lives.

Have a greenie wotsit.

I look down on him, because he's the engineer underneath my engine, trying to make it work.

I look up to Him, up there, because as God he's the only person who knows how I'm going to pay for it.

I know my place. In the shit.

I will give you one as well,cos it's all I have to give!