BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other Jubillee Events

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

the broadcasters who decided to run the broadcast the way they did are the 'experts', and being full of their own arrogant self-importance will take no notice.

Which proves that an "ex" is a has been and a "spert" is a drip under pressure..........

Er, they got this right.

HMS President is a "stone frigate", I believe. In other words, a building.

There IS a real boat called HMS President, but that is moored near Westminster, not below Tower bridge.

President passing President:

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

I used to work for an airshow company in the 80s. Their regular commentator reckoned to have notes for an hour's chat on every type of aircraft performing. He usually used three minutes but ALWAYS had the right words to say, and more and more if there was a delay in the performance. The Beeb should have taken this policy. Lots of info, the reason why boats were chosen etc commentating on the sideshows was really a waste of time and huge amounts of money.

Yes Raymond Baxter would have been good as he used to own a "Little Ship" and was "Commodore" (I think) of their fleet.

It's hardly surprising that he commentated Farnborough as he was a Spitfire pilot during WWII.

However anno domini has caught up with him a few years ago.

President passing Prrsident:

Tim

Never mind the BBC coverage , Tim should be once again congratulated for his excellent photo's - Never mind the current petition , we should campaign for Tim to take control of the Outside Broadcast Video Cameras !!!!!

Thats a far better view of 'Both' Presidents than what we saw on TV !

How absolutely pathetic.

Over 2 million unemployed, the country in recession, 4 million children living in poverty (one of the highest in the western world) soldiers being killed in Afghanistan and someone starts a petition about the BBC coverage of a bunch of boats floating down the Thames.

Think some people need to get a grip of themselves.

John,

that really doesn't stand up as an argument.

Are you REALLY trying to say that we need a list of all the bad things in the world in order of badness, and that we shouldn't try to get things down the list fixed until the stuff at the top is done?

In the scale of things, the crap coverage isn't THAT major, but it is crap and if nothing is said, the BBC will go on getting it wrong.

• Greenie 3

I understand that up to a few days ago the BBC had received over 6000 complaints about the Pagiant, If that does not tell them something is wrong what will? They still think they did a good job!

As a new member (Today) I am a little suprised about some of the comments on this thread. Is it not a boating forum? and is that not what people talk about. This issue surely would concern boating people and others.

I am very concerned about the terrible things that are happening, in the world,and here. I post my views on other appropriate forums, that deal with these issues! and there are lots of them.

Just an opinion.

Maurice

Edited by Floodtide
  • Greenie 1

<snip>

As a new member (Today) I am a little suprised about some of the comments on this thread. Is it not a boating forum? and is that not what people talk about.

<snip>

Maurice

Maurice, I'm afraid that this forum is notorious for thread drift (like this). You'll get the hang of it

Richard

Not sure but think they can as long as it is not in direct contact with the food, hence typically wrapped in plain paper and the yesterday's news

I still take my own newspaper to get my chips erapped in. Has the war finished yet?

How absolutely pathetic.

Over 2 million unemployed, the country in recession, 4 million children living in poverty (one of the highest in the western world) soldiers being killed in Afghanistan and someone starts a petition about the BBC coverage of a bunch of boats floating down the Thames.

Think some people need to get a grip of themselves.

Guess that leaves quite a few million who thought it was ok

Hi John

My sentiments entirely mate. On this site you and I appear to have a minority view but this site is a miniscule minority of the general Joe Public who enjoyed the Beebs coverage in their Millions.....err sorry Billions worldwide. You as I have a life and we must feel sorry for the other forum members who quite obviously do not :cheers:

Tim

Hi John

My sentiments entirely mate. On this site you and I appear to have a minority view but this site is a miniscule minority of the general Joe Public who enjoyed the Beebs coverage in their Millions.....err sorry Billions worldwide. You as I have a life and we must feel sorry for the other forum members who quite obviously do not :cheers:

Tim

Just a thought but why don't we set up a petition?.........

I understand that up to a few days ago the BBC had received over 6000 complaints about the Pagiant, If that does not tell them something is wrong what will? They still think they did a good job!

As a new member (Today) I am a little suprised about some of the comments on this thread. Is it not a boating forum? and is that not what people talk about. This issue surely would concern boating people and others.

I am very concerned about the terrible things that are happening, in the world,and here. I post my views on other appropriate forums, that deal with these issues! and there are lots of them.

Just an opinion.

Maurice