Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

Here are several engines I came across today whilst searching for something else.

$_85.JPG

Beautiful lister diesel engine, type SR2, 13hp Always run / walk (electric start) there is also dry exhaust with industrial silencer worth € 300 and the custom stainless steel flanges, flexible outlet. Built-in, you have a very nice soft exhaust noise, combined with the semi-slow-term nature of the engine very characteristic.Meanwhile manual start removed parts still available. Dynastart with proper teeth mounted start switch card, relay and laadregaar complete. Lovely 1-lever morse there , with cables Dashboard oil temp and pressure, hour meter, immobilizer etc there. All donors sit on the engine. motor has done in my boat (3500kg, 8 meters) service four years without ever giving courses; However, we are going over to a modern diesel so it can go. There has been privately offered on, so unfortunately nonsense bids have no chance. 's right-hand screw you get there. motor goes later this week, before then turning to see. sloop in the video are available on request.

$_85.JPG

good running petter type ph2 16.4 hp at 2000 rpm, air cooled.
complete with gearbox and propeller.
motor manual start but can be a starter on

$_85.JPG

nice Petter 2 cyl. diesel engine.
complete with gearbox.

There are several more small diesels here on Marketplaats - Iveco, Sabb, Vetus, Yanmar, etc.

Someone please tell me, are these the kind of motors you folks are interested in, or am I wasting my time posting this stuff?

The first SR2 has a dynostart - a bit unusual. It would normally have a massive starter motor and an alternator. It also has a mechanical Lister gearbox, so only suitable for putting under a cruiser stern (or similar)

The last Petter 2 cyl is Lister SR2, I think, with an odd adaption to a Hurth gearbox. It might be reverse rotation.

The PH2 with the BMC gearbox is the nicest of the three

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Just discovered this Kelvin K3 with all the right bits. Not sure if its been advertised before. Price seems close to reasonable.

$_57.JPG

Edited due to re-list.

Edited by by'eck

I like this:

AS1

Probably a bit small but a good looking unit IMO

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221466141267&globalID=EBAY-GB

Bit awkward to get a drive off it I suppose

An early model, with the head & cylinder as one piece, it appears.

To get a drive, you need a perforated adapter housing to bolt to the flywheel housing that allows cooling air to pass through.

The rest is straightforward.

Tim

Lister FR4 anyone?

$_57.JPG

A dry sump version and they still retained compression change-over with neat flip levers. The 4 & 6 cylinder versions had flywheel located between engine and gearbox to allow easy close coupling.

Insanely big for a NB though.

I wonder if it could be converted to a twin by taking out two pistons and con rods...

(Getting deja vu now.. I think Richard came up with an excellent reason why not!)

MtB

Oh yeah, that was it...

(Could you expand on why?)

It's a great idea, as long as you don't mind having an engine as long as a four cylinder one, but with only two cylinders

How's that for a start?

Richard

I know of at least one 3LW powered nb that's regularly run on two cylinders during lock flights. Easy with a Gardner of course.

I can do the same with a Kelvin K2. I just open one of the injector drain taps and it's quite happy firing on one cylinder.

Not if you connected the two spare injector lines to the return

Are we talking about the FR4? If so, you could just not install two of the injector pumps, as these engines have unit injectors, one per cylinder.

If you removed the con-rod, you'd have to remove the crankshaft balance weight too, or it would be hopelessly unbalanced.

It's still a stupid idea though.

MP.

An early model, with the head & cylinder as one piece, it appears.

To get a drive, you need a perforated adapter housing to bolt to the flywheel housing that allows cooling air to pass through.

The rest is straightforward.

Tim

My AS1 has a splined shaft bolted onto the flywheel, so fixing a short propshaft (it came with one that fits onto the spline) to a remote gearbox would be easy to do. Would be nice in a little tug. 8hp at 1200rpm.

Casp'

Are we talking about the FR4? If so, you could just not install two of the injector pumps, as these engines have unit injectors, one per cylinder.

If you removed the con-rod, you'd have to remove the crankshaft balance weight too, or it would be hopelessly unbalanced.

It's still a stupid idea though.

MP.

I know it's stupid, silly! But it's an amusing idea to mess around with.

The crankshaft imbalance is the reason Richard came up with last time around. It could be overcome by machining sound weights to clamp around the unsused big end journals.

Sorted!

MtB

I know it's stupid, silly! But it's an amusing idea to mess around with.

The crankshaft imbalance is the reason Richard came up with last time around. It could be overcome by machining sound weights to clamp around the unsused big end journals.

Sorted!

MtB

You've omitted the 'it's stupid' thing

Richard

Lister FR4 anyone?

$_57.JPG

A dry sump version and they still retained compression change-over with neat flip levers. The 4 & 6 cylinder versions had flywheel located between engine and gearbox to allow easy close coupling.

Just learn't a little more about this particular engine which adds to its attraction - check out this thread and video of it starting/running.