SCUMBAG BOATER

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Stood on the front of my boat this afternoon when a passer by asks if there are any BW people on duty in the area. I laughs and explains the facts of life and asks if he has a problem I can help with and he says that there is a boat up at the next lock ( Very quiet area ) and he is concerned at the smell and something being pumped out of the boat ?

I takes a walk up expecting some arsehole to be pumping oily bilges out and comes accross a narrowboater with a pipe and small pump affair plugged into his PUMPOUT tank slowly pumping by an electric pump the contents of his obviously large black tank. Now I know this is probably done on occasion by cassette users so for once I am not getting at pumpout users but what a T----r this pratt is. No name on the boat, no index number no obvious licence etc and he scurried inside his boat. Large pool of you know what in the cut....... :banghead:

No I didnt wait for him to reappear or knock on his boat I am getting too old to deal with scumbags like this at my age... :angry2:

Stood on the front of my boat this afternoon when a passer by asks if there are any BW people on duty in the area. I laughs and explains the facts of life and asks if he has a problem I can help with and he says that there is a boat up at the next lock ( Very quiet area ) and he is concerned at the smell and something being pumped out of the boat ?

I takes a walk up expecting some arsehole to be pumping oily bilges out and comes accross a narrowboater with a pipe and small pump affair plugged into his PUMPOUT tank slowly pumping by an electric pump the contents of his obviously large black tank. Now I know this is probably done on occasion by cassette users so for once I am not getting at pumpout users but what a T----r this pratt is. No name on the boat, no index number no obvious licence etc and he scurried inside his boat. Large pool of you know what in the cut....... :banghead:

No I didnt wait for him to reappear or knock on his boat I am getting too old to deal with scumbags like this at my age... :angry2:

It wasn't a fairly long ex Harborough style boat with a painted dark blue GRP cabin by any chance was it?

I walked past and witnessed the same thing at Norton Junction last year, the boat was moored up around the first bend of the Leicester cut.

Absolutely disgraceful. I hope those that do it end up falling in on top of their own mess.

It wasn't a fairly long ex Harborough style boat with a painted dark blue GRP cabin by any chance was it?

I walked past and witnessed the same thing at Norton Junction last year, the boat was moored up around the first bend of the Leicester cut.

Absolutely disgraceful. I hope those that do it end up falling in on top of their own mess.

No its black all over but yes has got fiberglass cabin and could even be a harborough now come to think of it probably 57 footish ?

I will gor for a recce 2morro

Dirty scumbag B*****D,perhaps a description and location would help others identify this P***K.

I think you never know how someone who carries out this kind of action will react,maybe a picture taken on a mobile at a discreet distance ?

14Skipper

Please not a picture, I've just had me tea :sick: your right though.

Dirty scumbag B*****D,perhaps a description and location would help others identify this P***K.

I think you never know how someone who carries out this kind of action will react,maybe a picture taken on a mobile at a discreet distance ?

14Skipper

The only good thing here is its a big very deep canal and the lock is big so next boat down will wash it away from the area it was sat..

The only good thing here is its a big very deep canal and the lock is big so next boat down will wash it away from the area it was sat..

Guess he will be coming our way - but we won't be on the boat till Wednesday - will keep a look out for the tosser though.

i wonder how many others do this?

In the marina I'm at, some neanderthal must have been saving it up and decanting it into containers. They/it, blocked three toilet blocks. These were shut down for over 24hrs while people, in white chemical gear, cleaned everything.

Others are pouring their elsans down the toilet. Marina notices threaten closure of toilets if it does not stop.

Hopefully the marina will install cctv outside.

Can't say what I'd like to do if I caught one. Look away now, if you are squeamish. !!!!!!! :ninja:

I was moored outside a pub at Christleton on the Shropshire Union canal in the summer. It was opposite a boatyard where a day boat operates from and at the and of a day hire the operator empties the pump out into the canal.

Edited by Tonka

I was moored outside a pub at Christleton on the Shropshire Union canal in the summer. It was opposite a boatyard where a day boat operates from and at the and of a day hire the operator empties the pump out into the canal.

Have you reported this, either to BW or other (local paper, radio) if not, why not?? or did you just want to comment........

On the French canals there is no choice. There are no pumpout or elsan disposal facilities anywhere.

That has answered a question I have been wanting to ask for a while as in -

'If we take our boat to France or buy one over there which is our best option PO or cassette?'

I guess then it depends on which method you are most comfortable with....

Others are pouring their elsans down the toilet. Marina notices threaten closure of toilets if it does not stop.

Is there a reason not to do this then? I have done it and empty my MH one when I get home in the outside loo, and many motorhomes wildcamping do it.

Edited by Biggles

I study Tom and Jerry. That's the kind of 'orrible and painful stuff I was thinking about. Non of this Chainsaw Mascara, tripe for kiddies.

It was either that or reverse the pump....

Is there a reason not to do this then? I have done it and empty my MH one when I get ome in the outside loo, and many motorhomes wildcamping do it.

Not allowed at Mercia marina as the local water co. (severn trent) had concerns about chemicals as in 'blue' getting in the sewerage system.

Hence they had an elsan that emptied into a cess pit that had to be emptied...still the same AFAIK...

'If we take our boat to France or buy one over there which is our best option PO or cassette?'

I guess then it depends on which method you are most comfortable with....

In my opinion, in the absence of any disposal facilities, a sea toilet would be best.

No chemicals and no large quantities dumped at any one time.