SCUMBAG BOATER

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

if all the JUNKMAIL that comes through peoples letter boxes was made of absorbent and bio-degradable material,it could be used as an,ahem, "end" :unsure: product?

I hadn't thought of that way to get rid of the Junkmail but some of mine goes in the compost with the bucket and chuck it system I use. Most Junkmail I save up till the end of the month and repost in the post box on the village green, if only we all did that..................

I hadn't thought of that way to get rid of the Junkmail but some of mine goes in the compost with the bucket and chuck it system I use. Most Junkmail I save up till the end of the month and repost in the post box on the village green, if only we all did that..................

I think that it was Bill Bryson who advocated using the freepost envelopes that so many junk mail companies send out with their material to send back their shredded bumf.

We've used the freepost envelopes to send back a handwritten note on the material to say "remove us from your mailing list".

Cath

I think that it was Bill Bryson who advocated using the freepost envelopes that so many junk mail companies send out with their material to send back their shredded bumf.

We've used the freepost envelopes to send back a handwritten note on the material to say "remove us from your mailing list".

Cath

Must admit I have sent the odd used tea bag in them or some tatty peelings on the basis that I don't want your carp have some of mine.

I remember years ago when the hunt supporters society (or whatever they were called) had a Freepost address, a friend who was vehemently opposed to hunting used to keep a cardboard box in her hall which she would gradually fill up with bricks etc. When it was sufficiently heavy, she'd take it down the post office and send it to them...

This thread reminds me of a ditty once read in a loo at a work place many years ago.

In the toilet do not linger

use the paper not your finger

if no paper is around

rub your butt along the ground (adjusted so as not to be too offensive).

Funny, it's ok for Brighton, Bournemouth (insert any other coastal town) to pump it out to sea.

Bioclean in my tank BTW. No nasty niffs or nasty chemicals!

Edited by Masquerade

Fill out reply forms in junk mail in names such as mr paul rick face ,mr thomas wathead or mr chris unthooks , put the address of the last person to upset on the form , sit back and smirk smugly , the junk mail sender then pays for your insult to be sent in the post while hoping the reply you sent turns into a sale.

That particular product has POLYMERIC BIGUANIDE HYDROCHLORIDE as its main constituent.. It's a sanitiser used extensively in hospitals etc but is more environmentally friendly than formaldehyde.

It is important to observe the dilution instructions for all these holding tank products. Too much and you will get the "pickling" effect some have remarked on, also it raises the concentration of formaldehyde beyond a safe disposal dilution. If you stick to the recommended dilition it should result in a formaldehyde dilution of less than 0.01% which is a safe level for discharge into a mains sewer.

No, that definitely waasn't the stuff. And anyway you then go on about formaldehyde, when all of the 'green' and even some of the blue ones are now formaldehyde-free.

No, that definitely waasn't the stuff. And anyway you then go on about formaldehyde, when all of the 'green' and even some of the blue ones are now formaldehyde-free.

I got the info from the MSDS (material safety data sheet) for Blue Diamond Evironmentally friedly toilet fluid. I thought that was what you asked about - is there another version?

I made the point about formaldehyde products in reply to those who reckon it's not safe to dispose of these products down a mains sewer. If you dilute them correctly it's ok. I accept I should have contexed the remark.

BTW I'm pretty sure Aquakem is still formaldehyde based though I think they may have reduced the concentration.

Stood on the front of my boat this afternoon when a passer by asks if there are any BW people on duty in the area. I laughs and explains the facts of life and asks if he has a problem I can help with and he says that there is a boat up at the next lock ( Very quiet area ) and he is concerned at the smell and something being pumped out of the boat ?

I takes a walk up expecting some arsehole to be pumping oily bilges out and comes accross a narrowboater with a pipe and small pump affair plugged into his PUMPOUT tank slowly pumping by an electric pump the contents of his obviously large black tank. Now I know this is probably done on occasion by cassette users so for once I am not getting at pumpout users but what a T----r this pratt is. No name on the boat, no index number no obvious licence etc and he scurried inside his boat. Large pool of you know what in the cut....... :banghead:

No I didnt wait for him to reappear or knock on his boat I am getting too old to deal with scumbags like this at my age... :angry2:

Take your cameras with you and photograph what's going on. that way this dirty person can not argue when confronted with the evidence. I keep a very cheap mobile with a camera in my boat. £7.45 from T Mobile only put £5.00 on it at a time so if it falls into the canal it's not a problem, unless I go with it. Any way I have been told you are not a real boater till you have fallen in! And yes I slipped on ice on my boat and fell in last year!!! Thank god nobody had pumped out that day!!!