Where's Gibbo?

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

When I meet boaters when I'm out and about I've honestly lost count of how many boaters have told me they are put off posting on CWDF because the members are unfriendly and rude.

I'll bet all the money in all my pockets that has nothing to do with the Friday joke thread one bit.

Its to do with all the rest of you lot in all the other threads in all the other sections (who apparently seem to think theyve not done anything, as i said earlier.... denial!)

And if you do ever hope of bringing in a younger audience ever then you might just have to get down of your high horses on that fluffy pink cloud youre on and smell what youre shovelling(you plural, not just whom I quote - with about 5 or so exceptions).

Back on topic. I get the impression Gibbo lives in a house and when you live in a house you dont suffer the cabin fever and that is about the only thing, I can see, that brings people back.

Edited by Pretty Funked Up
  • Greenie 2

I'll bet all the money in all my pockets that has nothing to do with the Friday joke thread one bit.

Its to do with all the rest of you lot in all the other threads in all the other sections (who apparently seem to think theyve not done anything, as i said earlier.... denial!)

And if you do ever hope of bringing in a younger audience ever then you might just have to get down of your high horses on that fluffy pink cloud youre on and smell what youre shovelling(you plural, not just whom I quote - with about 5 or so exceptions).

Back on topic. I get the impression Gibbo lives in a house and when you live in a house you dont suffer the cabin fever and that is about the only thing, I can see, that brings people back.

Obviously nothing to do with ridiculous posts like this. "It's not me it's everyone else whats to blame!!"

I'm guessing here, so apologies if I'm wrong, but I imagine that your white-knight sensitivity to domestic violence sufferers feelings isn't as a result of personal experience? You see, being told what I can and cannot say about domestic violence I find more unsettling than someone making light of it. My past life involved a lot of being told that I was a bad person for using certain words, or saying certain things. It seems in your last post that even the term "political correctness" has now been added to the list whereby we can automatically label someone as evil and ostracise them for it's use. Personally, I think that racism has diminished because peoples' attitudes have changed through education and experience, not because some controlling thought police outlawed the "n" word.

But I suspect that without the thought police banning 'the n word' an awful lot of people would not have been prompted to think about their attitudes and therefore racism would not have diminished at the rate it has

I wonder if the same applies to 'pc'

I also wonder about the pendulum effect of new policies. A way of thinking, a culture, has over time become entrenched - this can be seen as the pendulum being at the far end of its swing. A new policy is introduced to counter this and for a while the result is that the pendulum swings to the other extreme. There you have your 'pc gone mad' 'h&s gone mad' etc. However after a period of over reaction people begin to really understand what the policy is after and tone down their reaction so the pendulum settles to somewhere in the middle where it should be. I've seen this effect several times in the past few years in the Fire Service. It has been going through a process of enormous change with many new policies introduced and this pendulum effect seems to be part of the change process

Obviously nothing to do with ridiculous posts like this. "It's not me it's everyone else whats to blame!!"

Why the quotes? No where does it say that! :banghead:

I'll admit i may have joined in on some of them, ashamedly.

And why use/add the word "ridiculous"?

Thanks for posting a well timed classic example of what I'm on about :cheers:

Edited by Pretty Funked Up

Why the quotes? No where does it say that! :banghead:

I'll admit i may have joined in on some of them, ashamedly.

And why use/add the word "ridiculous"?

Thanks for posting a well timed classic example of what I'm on about :cheers:

I put that phrase in quotes because that was what your post meant to me. When one reads "Its to do with all the rest of you lot in all the other threads in all the other sections" to quote you directly I can't see that I was mistaken.

Lets get on with talking about someone behind his back - the ultra interesting 'Wheres Gibbo' dilema.

Right then, I've never met Chris in person, but I'll bet he's an ugly old git!

How was that?

Mike

You're absolutely right. The whole of your post is Political Correctness taken completely out of context.

A good point well made. :cheers:

:P I can always rely on you to put me straight!

Mike

...I also wonder about the pendulum effect of new policies...

As many of you are aware, I'm a chartered town planner, and the discipline is a lot more complex than just laying out housing estates, much of what I have done, including for example working on sink estates and with the homeless, is planning.

In planning there is a concept of the "wicked problem". A wicked problem is one that can never be totally defined or resolved. Benefits are a classic "wicked problem", if there is no system of welfare benefits then people lose their homes, starve and die of cold, but the moment there is a benefit system, some people rely on it excessively, and don't even try to fend for themselves.

Sex equality is also a wicked problem, as I suspect (although I have no experience of working in this area) is race equality

A very fair point IMHO. Just one question: Why when the awful subject of rape is discussed, do people invariably speak of female victims? I accept that most victims are female, but make no mistake, males get raped too. Ask anyone who has been in the nick.

Yes, or at a bullfight (sorry rodeo)

Family Guy Rape joke thingy off youtube

We can find humour in anything. Whether it's appropriate for a public forum is another matter.

Edited by Lady Muck
Change embedded video to link

Family Guy Rape joke thingy off youtube

We can find humour in anything. Whether it's appropriate for a public forum is another matter.

We have all of these on DVD and very funny too, although I think the idea of beastiality rape brings in a whole new dimension.

Edited by Lady Muck
Change embedding to link

:lol:

Sorry... genuinely unintended :)

Edited to add: Even if it was a bit naughty of you to change the spelling of my quote :lol::lol:

Yes, apologies for that!

It was too much temptation not to do it, I'm a very naughty editor (meddler) :rolleyes:

Mike

Well yes, but in this instance, you could've used your wisdom and posted it as a link, rather than embedding it. Anyone would think you were trolling. Just like Gibbo. Tsk. ;)

Well yes, but in this instance, you could've used your wisdom and posted it as a link, rather than embedding it. Anyone would think you were trolling. Just like Gibbo. Tsk. ;)

COME BACK GIBBO WE NEED YOU......................

You're assuming I have the IT wisdom to know what you're talking about? :unsure:

I thought I had posted it as a link? I just copied and pasted the page address from my browser. I'm afraid I don't know the difference between pasting a link and embedding.

Edited by blackrose

You're assuming I have the IT wisdom to know what you're talking about? :unsure:

I'm a bit like that too! :rolleyes:

otfdr6.jpg

I've no idea of the difference either

Please somone explain

Col

Who's this Somone woman Col, do we know her? :P

Edited by Doorman

There is a gardening tip on the canal bank where I live. People tip their grass cuttings and hedge clippings there.

That'll be the towpath mowers.

I was thinking more on the lines of an embedded Rootkit, PC virus.Always more difficult to weedle out.

Edited by bizzard