Lapdancing boat sparks wave of anger

Josher

Featured Posts

Why would anyone need dry cleaning in a lapdancing club?

Lapdancing boat sparks wave of anger in Maidstone Kent Online

A floating lapdancing club is set to open in Maidstone - sparking furious protests from river users. The Yacht Club, which will be moored close to the Travelodge, will be a private members' club offering lap dancing, strip shows and an outdoor hot tub. It will be based on a "James Bond-style" 50ft catamaran and a yacht joined together, and could be open as early as next month. Its owners insist it will be a respectable business and events inside will not be visible to passing members of the public.

But John Clayton, vice president of nearby Invicta Rowing Club, remains unconvinced and said it was further proof of Maidstone's degeneration. He said: "Has this town no decency left at all? "Families use the river all the time - is this something they really want to see? "It leaves a bad taste in the mouth when this sort of thing is allowed to go on in a rural town like Maidstone."

The boats, which will be stationary and based at Fremlins Moorings off Fairmeadow, are currently being refurbished in readiness for the club's launch in the first two weeks of December. Owner Karen Elston, who will run the club with husband Dave, said adult entertainment is only part of its service, which includes dining booths and poker tables. The couple currently run the Three Squirrels pub off the A249 near Delting, where female mud wrestling has proved a popular draw with punters. Karen said their latest venture will bring money to the area without lowering the tone. She said: "Lap dancing and strip shows are an addition to the service the club will provide, not the main service. "It's members only for respectable business people - we won't admit drunks or anyone under 25. "We are well aware families walk along the tow path along the river, but they won't be to see in from the outside." She added: "This is isn't your average pound in a jug establishment - we will be employing elegant young ladies not crude girls."

The club is licensed to open until 5am Thursday to Saturday, 10pm on Sundays and every morning from 7am. "It means members can entertain clients over breakfast while having something beautiful to look at," Karen said. The owners are currently looking to recruit 20 "bubbly, intelligent girls" to provide the risque entertainment. Staff are also needed to provide domestic services such as dry cleaning. There are fears that the club's prominence on the river could affect Maidstone's blue riband summer event.

Cllr David Naghi (LibDem) said: "I'm very concerned about next year's River Festival as it appears this club will open come what may. "It's an event that attracts a lot families, who I hope won't be put off attending." But Karen confirmed the club would remain closed to adult entertainment during festival weekend. "Members can watch the event from the boat, but that's all," she said. The Yacht Club will become the second adult entertainment enterprise in town, with The Players continuing to do brisk business in the High Street.

A floating lapdancing club is set to open in Maidstone - sparking furious protests from river users. The Yacht Club, which will be moored close to the Travelodge, will be a private members' club offering lap dancing, strip shows and an outdoor hot tub. It will be based on a "James Bond-style" 50ft catamaran and a yacht joined together, and could be open as early as next month. Its owners insist it will be a respectable business and events inside will not be visible to passing members of the public.

But John Clayton, vice president of nearby Invicta Rowing Club, remains unconvinced and said it was further proof of Maidstone's degeneration. He said: "Has this town no decency left at all? "Families use the river all the time - is this something they really want to see? "It leaves a bad taste in the mouth when this sort of thing is allowed to go on in a rural town like Maidstone."

I can see John Clayton's unfortunately worded response appearing on The News Quiz!

Edited by Québec

The boat will be called The Yacht Club then?

I'd have thought something similar to the name of our boat (Pink Bitz) might be better, although likely to cause even more controversy!

Just for the record we bought Pink Bitz under that name, we'll take her back to the original name (Highdale) when we get the repaint done in the next few months.

they will easily spotted, folded daily mail on their shooting sticks to soften their rears whilst waiting......

sub species no doubt with blue blazer (wiv brassy buttons) and cravat, and over tanned female alongside that needs an "iron"...

shame the boat isnt MB diemensions or we could suggest some inner city tours..... :rolleyes:

Why would anyone need dry cleaning in a lapdancing club?

Lapdancing boat sparks wave of anger in Maidstone Kent Online

The boats, which will be stationary and based at Fremlins Moorings off Fairmeadow, are currently being refurbished in readiness for the club's launch in the first two weeks of December. Owner Karen Elston, who will run the club with husband Dave, said adult entertainment is only part of its service, which includes dining booths and poker tables. The couple currently run the Three Squirrels pub off the A249 near Delting, where female mud wrestling has proved a popular draw with punters. Karen said their latest venture will bring money to the area without lowering the tone. She said: "Lap dancing and strip shows are an addition to the service the club will provide, not the main service. "It's members only for respectable business people - we won't admit drunks or anyone under 25. "We are well aware families walk along the tow path along the river, but they won't be to see in from the outside." She added: "This is isn't your average pound in a jug establishment - we will be employing elegant young ladies not crude girls."

The club is licensed to open until 5am Thursday to Saturday, 10pm on Sundays and every morning from 7am. "It means members can entertain clients over breakfast while having something beautiful to look at," Karen said. The owners are currently looking to recruit 20 "bubbly, intelligent girls" to provide the risque entertainment. Staff are also needed to provide domestic services such as dry cleaning. There are fears that the club's prominence on the river could affect Maidstone's blue riband summer event.

Cllr David Naghi (LibDem) said: "I'm very concerned about next year's River Festival as it appears this club will open come what may. "It's an event that attracts a lot families, who I hope won't be put off attending." But Karen confirmed the club would remain closed to adult entertainment during festival weekend. "Members can watch the event from the boat, but that's all," she said. The Yacht Club will become the second adult entertainment enterprise in town, with The Players continuing to do brisk business in the High Street.

:cheers:

Bloody marvelous idea....hope they have a " Moor alongside " type sticker........... :D

It will be based on a "James Bond-style" 50ft catamaran and a yacht joined together, and could be open as early as next month.

They'd be breasted up then?

Edited to add: and it gives a whole new meaning to 'working pair'.

Off to sign up for the diversity refresher.

Edited by twbm

Think I remember a narrow boat running sommething like this on wate world once.

But can't remember where it was, worst luck :banghead:

Near Lapworth, but the owners sold "Chardonnay" a couple of years back, I don't know what she's doing now...

They'd be breasted up then?

Edited to add: and it gives a whole new meaning to 'working pair'.

Gives a whole new meaning to a lot of things that might float peoples' boats! :blush:

I can hear the late, lamented Humphrey Lyttelton on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue:

"Samantha has become very friendly with a gentleman who owns a narrowboat. He's one of these practical, hands-on people, and Samantha is very keen to help him out on the boat. The week before last, after he'd blacked her bottom, Samantha helped him clean out his bilges. And this week she managed to stuff his stern gland while grinding his prop-shaft."

Edited by Québec

Please excuse me as I've had a few glasses of wine,but this is the funnest thread I've seen on my short time here.I have wonderd a few times if a "floating bordello" would make any money what do you think?.

Harumph, do you have no Dignity.... :P

This is nice intelligent girlies dancing the night away........ B)