Can you hand pump waste??

Happy Guy

Featured Posts

You have just offered a telling argument against all pump outs, never mind Self POs

And I'm off to wash my hands.

I can't understand why there's so much debate about effluent disposal, simple courtesy requires that you clean up after yourself and don't leave a mess for others. As, unlike Sue, I doubt I could successfully use a SPO kit; and see no reason why I should be able to cut corners by pumping out into a sanny point, I have a cassette lav. Empty it every two or three days, it isn't heavy or cumbersome, nor is it irksome. Just a job that needs to be done swiftly and effectively. Other people may choose to do it differently; that's their choice.

What I do object to is self-pumpouts blocking the Elsan with content. I had to wait for nearly an hour at the disposal point at Dundas last year while two boats self pumped-out. The san point couldn't handle the volume or the rate of pump-out on the second boat and so the effluent simply swilled round the floor then ran down the path and into the cut. The boater in question carried on pumping out because otherwise his tank would have only been "half empty, and I'll have to pay in Bath for only half a pumpout". Needless to say we went home with crossed legs and emptied at home.

If it says no self-pump then respect it - to do otherwise is bloody selfish. Thassorl.

What an even sillier reply -

Of course (and I speak as an ex-caravanner here) they do and I often used to do the same. But I think we are talking different issues here because of quantities. One full poo tank safely affixed in it's properly constructed housing is well different from lugging the contents of a poo tank in several 'jerry' cans stacked in the boot/ back of a hatch back - each to their own I guess but I wouldn't like to hit or be in a car with that amount of human excrement stacked in the back.....

you feel free though Sue, though if you ever do offer me a lift and you're carrying a car full of poo and wee I think I'll walk if that's OK.

Why would I want to do either?

Sue

My partner was a jackeroo on his Uncles sheep farm in the Yarra Valley in Australia, he lived with some hippies in the hills.

They had a dunny. Dig a big deep hole, plonk the dunny shed on top of it. Everytime you used it, throw some ash down the hole afterwards. Once the hole was full, dig a new hole and move the shed. Plant a lemon tree in the fertile soil where the old hole was, after a few years, you've got yourself a lemon grove.

How did the lemons taste? :lol:

does your cereal or do your vegetables taste of cow do-do?

:lol:

Sometimes :lol:

:lol:

When I was young it was common to bury dead pet cats in the garden (live ones didn't like it) and plant a rose bush over the top - is this still done or is there a H&S reason for not doing it?

John

When I was young it was common to bury dead pet cats in the garden (live ones didn't like it) and plant a rose bush over the top - is this still done or is there a H&S reason for not doing it?

I suppose the thorns could present a risk.

We did it last time our cat died, although it wasn't a rose bush.

My mother once paid a vet £12 to have a fish put down.

Apparently he took it out of the water, gave it an "injection" and they stood round and watched it expire.

I still rib her about it, to this day "Did you hold its fin and talk softly to it, while slipped peacefully away?"

Does that mean you can do it eight more times with this cat?

Or has it used up some of it's nine lives in other ways

Richard

Apparently he took it out of the water, gave it an "injection" and they stood round and watched it expire.

I still rib her about it, to this day "Did you hold its fin and talk softly to it, while slipped peacefully away?"

Fish have feelings too....

Sorry I'm bored - waiting for this bloody hard disk to format again.....

Edited by NB No Deadlines

An elderly lady looked over her fence to see the little girl next door filling in a hole in the flower bed and placing a jar of flowers.

"What are you doing there dear?"

"I'm burying my dead goldfish."

"That's rather a big hole for a goldfish."

"Well it's inside your cat."

2 men in a pub

Man 1 - You look miserable,

Man 2 - Yeah me Goldfish is dead,

Man 1 - Your gold fish is dead?

Man 2 - Yeah it had a lump on it’s head,

Man 1 - A lump on it’s head? What did you do about it,

Man 2 - I filed it off,

Man 1 - You filed it off????? – of course it’s dead, your telling me you filed a lump off your goldfish’s head, you’ve killed it with the file……

Man 2 - No no no it wasn’t the file……..I had the vice too tight…..

Edited by NB No Deadlines

If you take a fish out of water it will expire - no injection needed!

If you take a fish out of water it will expire - no injection needed!

Yes that is exactly what I told my mother.

What was even more annoying, though, was that the fish had some condition that made it swell up and, if left untreated, it would burst.

I thought we should have waited, to witness this event.

Yes that is exactly what I told my mother.

What was even more annoying, though, was that the fish had some condition that made it swell up and, if left untreated, it would burst.

I thought we should have waited, to witness this event.

You didn't used to blow frogs up with a straw when you were a small boy by any chance??

A friend of mine, a gamekeeper took his daughter's sick pet rabbit to the vet. The vet declared it was terminal and would he like my friend to let him put it down rather than him take it home again and upset the daughter. My friend was mortified when he received a bill from the vet in the post for putting it down considering he kills things almost every day.

A friend of mine, a gamekeeper took his daughter's sick pet rabbit to the vet. The vet declared it was terminal and would he like my friend to let him put it down rather than him take it home again and upset the daughter. My friend was mortified when he received a bill from the vet in the post for putting it down considering he kills things almost every day.

I was driving along once and the car in front hit a pheasant and left it flapping about in front of me.

I stopped and found it was very badly damaged so I decided to put it out of its misery by breaking its neck.

I'd never done it before so I thought the best way would be to twist. You'd be amazed at how many times a pheasant's head can be twisted, before springing back to its original positon.

After a while I was getting distressed and the pheasant was giving me that patronising "You're really crap at this, aren't you?" look so I decided to take it to the nearest vets.

I took him into the vet's treatment room and put him on the table. The vet promptly took the pheasant's head in one hand, its shoulders in the other and pulled, sharply and the pheasant died instantly.

I expressed surprise and said I thought he'd give it an injection and he replied.

"You can't eat them, if you inject them. This one's going in my pot and, now you know how it's done, the next one can go in yours."

I took him into the vet's treatment room and put him on the table. The vet promptly took the pheasant's head in one hand, its shoulders in the other and pulled, sharply and the pheasant died instantly.

Similar way to kill chickens, although you once you've pulled sharply you bring the head up (you do it in one smooth motion).