Can you hand pump waste??

Happy Guy

Featured Posts

I know the answers it just seems that people who do SPOs are reluctant to give the unsavoury answers.

Using canal water to rinse the pipe and tank requires putting the shitty end of the pipe in the canal, then, on rinsing the tank the diluted, contents then need to be either put in yet more jerry cans or pumped into the canal.

So the question was a valid one but the answer wasn't forthcoming.

We put the shitty end in a bucket and pump clean water into the elsan disposal.

Sue

How are you supplementing the emptying of tanks. You pay your licence the same as most people and in the cost of that licence is the use of an elsan point for emptying cassettes if you choose to use another system that is your choice so suggest you buy a cassette so you can get full value from your licence and then you will be a happy person knowing you are using facilities as the were designed to be used.

No if you self pumpout you are increasing the cost to BW by depositing your waste in a system designed for cassette emptying as I have said before if you can't afford the pumpout then buy a cassette.

We self pumped out today as the BW pump out didn't work. There was no extra cost to BW as the effluent went to the same place as the BW pump out would have sent it. There was an added cost to me as I used a card and got no pump out.

There are some on this list who are so anti pump outs and they are talking crap.

Sue

Sue

I must admit I had not thought of taking this preventative measure since I have copied the commercial operators I have used.

There are some on this list who are so anti pump outs and they are talking crap.Sue

I fail to understand why it is an issue that polarises so much.

I have nothing against cassetters though I know that many are not averse to emptying them in the hedgerows.

Emptying cassettes into the hedgerows is just as lazy and disgusting as an SPO.

I do wonder how many others are so conscientious, though.

Edited by carlt

But you don't really see it again in its former state do you?....... if you leave it long enough in the chemicals it becomes just mainly sludge....still bleaurk but acceptable. I have two cassettes and I never let one get full and then I leave it a a few days for the chemicals to really work then when I come to empty it I add some water and give it a good ole shake!...bleaurk again...but then it pours away neatly with no mess. First time though I did press that yellow button thats supposed to let air in as you empty?.....big mistake!

Yes its the least favourable job but I still prefer it to sleeping over gallons and gallons of the stuff. Just my twopennyworth, not meant to offend. :lol:

Or - put more simply - you just can't faece up to seeing it again! :lol:

It is incompatible with most and besides it is a disgusting and unpleasant habit and speaking to various BW employees they agree and are looking at banning them from all Elsans due to the amount of complaints they get. I just hope that people keep bombarding BW with emails of complaint.

As disgusting and unpleasant a habit as carrying a tank of s*it down the towpath every couple of days perhaps.

I do hope people bombard BW with complaints about those walking past their open windows with cassettes full of crap