Jam Ole Run 2010

The Boatman

Featured Posts

Hi All,

Its Tom Stewart, the organiser of the 2008 Jam Ole Run recreation :lol: Seens as the last run was very successful, and that next year is 40 years since the last run, i was wondering if anyone would be interested if i were to organise a major event for the 40th anniversary since the factories closure? Please write if you would like to take part, my email is tomben@hotmail.co.uk.

I hope many people will want me too.

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

Saw you come through Teddesley Lock the other day with David.

What dates would you be looking at? I'm sure there are many people who would be up for it. I wanted to come along to the last one but time wouldn't allow. Would definately consider next year (if I can find some crew).

Would it be in the autumn? I'd very much like to get Tarporley involved - but only any chance if bookings are thin on the ground. Unless we can get someone to book the whole thing as a residential... now there's an idea.

Hi All,

Its Tom Stewart, the organiser of the 2008 Jam Ole Run recreation :lol: Seens as the last run was very successful, and that next year is 40 years since the last run, i was wondering if anyone would be interested if i were to organise a major event for the 40th anniversary since the factories closure? Please write if you would like to take part, my email is tomben@hotmail.co.uk.

Cheers

Tom

Pencil me in - but alas by then i expect it will have to be on someone elses boat..... Convince someone to take a butty and i'm definately interested.

I will try and make sure i still have some holiday left for late October.

Simon.

(sometimes you need to go beyond Barking - so that you can look back and consider it normal)

Would it be in the autumn? I'd very much like to get Tarporley involved - but only any chance if bookings are thin on the ground. Unless we can get someone to book the whole thing as a residential... now there's an idea.

I did mean to add... if I haven't got one of my own by then.... :lol:

We could book it as a CWDF team....

If we used some plywood, paint and tarpaulins could we get Tawny Owl in?

Richard

I mean, she's an ex-working boat isn't she? Surely all old hire boats are...

I won't be able to make it on my boat, but if anybody needs crew then I'd like to put my name forward.....

Why not? It's only a few days down the cut from you. Surely you can weekend your boat to Braunston.

May be add a twist by having a "small" beer at every hostelery en-route, make it even more sociable!

It would have to be a very small beer in some of them. No time for drinking when there's boating to be done.

If we used some plywood, paint and tarpaulins could we get Tawny Owl in?

Nothing stopping you from bringing any boat. I've done the last two in a "noddy" boat.

Hi Tom, thats a silly question! Anyway, see you at Braunston.

Cheers,

Mike