Should Forced diesel heating be banned from being used late at night?

nbfiresprite

Should forced Diesel Heating be banned from being used between 10pm and 7am  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should be banned?

• No
    • What did you say?
    • Yes

Featured Posts

As far as im aware there is no rule saying what type of boat can and can not navigate the inland waterway system. As the majority of rivers we plan on using have higher speed levels than the Witham it is only getting off the Witham that is the challenge.

How would you suggest we get out of the marina? Fly?

There is a speed limit, and you are required to navigate within that limit.

If your boat is incapable of keeping within the limit, it is de-facto not a suitable vessel to navigate on that waterway.

There is a speed limit, and you are required to navigate within that limit.

If your boat is incapable of keeping within the limit, it is de-facto not a suitable vessel to navigate on that waterway.

To take that one on. Most narrowboats are not fitted with a speed log or other speed measuring device. How do narrowboat owners know they are not speeding? They dont. Just because we are aware of the fact it doesnt mean we are the only ones speeding. 4mph is slow.

Oh get you!

What do you call value?

Again a matter of choice but you own one ugly boat.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I measure the value of my boat in the number of lives it has saved, in it's 40 year career as an RNLI lifeboat.

I can guarantee that, for many people, it has been the most beautiful thing they have ever seen , in their lives.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I measure the value of my boat in the number of lives it has saved, in it's 40 year career as an RNLI lifeboat.

I can guarantee that, for many people, it has been the most beautiful thing they have ever seen , in their lives.

Maybe so but in her retirement she is a ugly brute.

You wouldnt buy a fire engine because it had safed many lifes.

To take that one on. Most narrowboats are not fitted with a speed log or other speed measuring device. How do narrowboat owners know they are not speeding? They dont. Just because we are aware of the fact it doesnt mean we are the only ones speeding. 4mph is slow.

The speed limit on narrow canals is 4mph.

It is near impossible to exceed on many canals (round here, you would be creating a breaking wash at 3mph)

As to speed measuring devices, they are known as a watch and milestone.

The speed limit on narrow canals is 4mph.

It is near impossible to exceed on many canals (round here, you would be creating a breaking wash at 3mph)

As to speed measuring devices, they are known as a watch and milestone.

Shouldnt you be watching where you are going not counting mile markers.

I'd love to have a fire engine.

fc66_1.JPG

e55a_1.JPG

currently for sale on ebay.

You wouldnt get them in your average garage.

Shouldnt you be watching where you are going not counting mile markers.

I would venture that observation of milestones and watch once every 20 minutes whilst travelling at around 3mph is rather less hazardous than watching your fancy speed log, as you blat along the Witham at a grossly inconsiderate 26 mph.

no, I don't have a garage ....

I will reword that.

You wouldnt get them in the average garage.

I would venture that observation of milestones and watch once every 20 minutes whilst travelling at around 3mph is rather less hazardous than watching your fancy speed log, as you blat along the Witham at a grossly inconsiderate 26 mph.

Inconsiderate to whom? There is no one there.

Maybe so but in her retirement she is a ugly brute.

You wouldnt buy a fire engine because it had safed many lifes.

Funnily enough, I owned a 1956 series two land rover fire service vehicle. Wish I'd never sold it, too.

And the owner one, very similar to this, has my number, if he ever decides to sell:

1868.jpg

Funnily enough, I owned a 1956 series two land rover fire service vehicle. Wish I'd never sold it, too.

And the owner one, very similar to this, has my number, if he ever decides to sell:

1868.jpg

Why not get an ambulance and police car and have the full set.

Know of a bloke who keeps tanks we have a few names for him. Starting to think you are the same.

I will reword that.

Inconsiderate to whom? There is no one there.

I wonder how much damage your wash does to the banks at that speed - there doesn't need to be anyone there for you to inconvenience an awful lot of river and bank users

Why not get an ambulance and police car and have the full set.

Know of a bloke who keeps tanks we have a few names for him. Starting to think you are the same.

Well I did have a mk1 transit ambulance, but it was a bit too hippy, for my taste, and I'm afraid I owned an ex-police FordAnglia (just like Heartbeat's) but ex-emergency service vehicles attract offers to buy, that I find difficult to refuse.

As for tanks, not my cup of tea but I do have an ex-military land rover and I lust after an Alvis Stalwart (6 wheel drive amphibious troop carrier).