Should Forced diesel heating be banned from being used late at night?

nbfiresprite

Should forced Diesel Heating be banned from being used between 10pm and 7am  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should be banned?

• No
    • What did you say?
    • Yes

Featured Posts

Surely they have paid to use their mooring so shouldnt have to move.

As long as the people on their own mooring don't moan then anyone mooring nearby has the ability to moor somewhere else.

If you can't get along with the people on your mooring then you have to use one of the methods that the human race has evolved over the last few thousand years to resolve the problem.

If you can't then you have to get Dave and Alan's big stick (AKA da state) to intervene. Then everybody will be equally unhappy and fairness established.

94483_f260.jpg

Not if you think it's okay for some people to be unreasonably noisy, as long as they're not disturbing you....

Heating your home/boat/abode is a necessity is it not?

If you dont like the noise of your neighbours heater move. Its a boat it can be moved to a new location.

I dont think that someone heating their boat is unreasonable.

Heating your home/boat/abode is a necessity is it not?

If you dont like the noise of your neighbours heater move. Its a boat it can be moved to a new location.

I dont think that someone heating their boat is unreasonable.

Nor is raising a family.

Heating your home is a necessity but disturbing others isn't.

Nor is raising a family.

Heating your home is a necessity but disturbing others isn't.

The family next door issue has been sorted for nearly a week now.

The current issue (not for me may i add) is wether heating should be allowed or not. And the simple answer im afraid is yes people need heat to survive. If it disturbs you go and have a word see what they can do but if their only form of heating is the diesel heater im afraid you are stuck with it.

Carl, as you moor in a nature reserve surrounded only by birds why is the noise from diesel heaters an issue for you? You have no neighbours.

I wasn't aware I was restricted to what topics I was allowed to post on.

Because heating your boat is a necessity but 'your' heater disturbs others.

:lol:

I have a Refleks drip feed heater. It is silent.

:lol:

The current issue (not for me may i add) is wether heating should be allowed or not.

Not so - the current issue is whether or not noisy heating should be the subject of some sort of regulation

Some boats dont have an option. Ours is standard fit and there isnt an alternative. Whats should we do shiver?

I do not believe that, if you specified an alternative form of heating, any boat builder would say no. Your hull may be an off the shelf item but your equipment isn't.

I do not believe that, if you specified an alternative form of heating, any boat builder would say no. Your hull may be an off the shelf item but your equipment isn't.

Would you like me to forward you the build spec sheet. Webasto or nothing im afraid. Fibregalss boats dont work like narrowboats. Where do you think the solid fule stove would go?

Jolly nice for you - i havent.

Where can i get one for free - and can you list free installers please.

I don't understand why you are being hostile.

I have clearly stated that I do not believe heating should be banned, at night, and all boat users should show consideration to others.

Would you like me to forward you the build spec sheet. Webasto or nothing im afraid. Fibregalss boats dont work like narrowboats. Where do you think the solid fule stove would go?

I don't have a narrowboat and I had a Refleks in one fibreglass cruiser and a Taylors paraffin heater in another.

I don't understand why you are being hostile.

I have clearly stated that I do not believe heating should be banned, at night, and all boat users should show consideration to others.

I don't have a narrowboat and I had a Refleks in one fibreglass cruiser and a Taylors paraffin heater in another.

And where do you suggest i fit a paraffin heater in a 2003 sports cruiser. Dont think it will be inkeeping with the whole sporty theme to be honest. It doesnt really lend itself to "customising."

And where do you suggest i fit a paraffin heater in a 2003 sports cruiser. Dont think it will be inkeeping with the whole sporty theme to be honest. It doesnt really lend itself to "customising."

So use your Webasto whenever you want and, if it becomes noisy, be considerate to other boaters who may be disturbed, by it.

So use your Webasto whenever you want and, if it becomes noisy, be considerate to other boaters who may be disturbed, by it.

Our nearest neighbour is over 8ft away. We dont hear theirs they dont hear ours both fitted with same unit. Where is the issue?

Phylis - repeat after me... "I'm a troll, fol-de-rol, a wicked mean old troll". Then stop repeating yourself on this forum.

You're a troll a wicked mean old troll.

None, unless you or yours, or your neighbour's, suddenly starts imitating a 747 on take off.

They have siliencers fitted so doubt they will. It is one of the perks of owning a modern boat, modern equipment.