Should Forced diesel heating be banned from being used late at night?

nbfiresprite

Should forced Diesel Heating be banned from being used between 10pm and 7am  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should be banned?

• No
    • What did you say?
    • Yes

Featured Posts

I don't think in all my time on various forums that I've ever come across such a totally selfish individual, completely oblivious and uncaring as to the effects of his or her actions, whether it's screaming babes, noisy heating systems or speeding boats.

Is this a regular troll, or simply a one off?

Please remember, a troll isn't just for Christmas.....

Janet

I don't think in all my time on various forums that I've ever come across such a totally selfish individual, completely oblivious and uncaring as to the effects of his or her actions, whether it's screaming babes, noisy heating systems or speeding boats.

Is this a regular troll, or simply a one off?

Please remember, a troll isn't just for Christmas.....

Janet

This "troll" had actually looked forward to joining a boating forum to get advice and help. In actual fact the members on this forum have turned out to be big headed biggots who cant see out of their narrowboat shaped box. It seems that everybody who offers an opionion/thought which doesnt comply with their thoughts is instantly slated. The inland waterways do not belong to narrowboaters they are open to any member of the public who has a craft.

As im sick of saying i dont have an issue with heaters, the baby issue is sorted, boats speed occasionally so what get on with life.

This "troll" had actually looked forward to joining a boating forum to get advice and help. In actual fact the members on this forum have turned out to be big headed biggots who cant see out of their narrowboat shaped box.

Yes, the fact that a group of people who never agree with each other about anything else seem to have found common cause in their shared opinion of you is clearly evidence that they are all biggots.

Has it occured to you that the reason for the broad consensus here may just be that you behave in an utterly self-centred manner.

Yes, the fact that a group of people who never agree with each other about anything else seem to have found common cause in their shared opinion of you is clearly evidence that they are all biggots.

Has it occured to you that the reason for the broad consensus here may just be that you behave in an utterly self-centred manner.

I believe that is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

As a matter of fact that reminds me. If im the troll why did the topics on:

1. Continuous moorers/cruisers

2. Ducks quacking

3. What is fair

and countless others turn into slanging matches when i had no dealings with them. Maybe you should ask yourselves again who is the troll. I can certainly think of a few i would nominate.

Edited by Phylis

But people who, ordinarily, would be arguing on the threads you mentioned are in agreement that your posts are selfish and completely unconcerned with other peoples concerns.

If the boat next door's webasto exhaust rots off and they tell you they can't afford to replace it, due to the recession, would you not be moaning on about sleepless nights, in the same way you did about your poor neighbours' baby?

Looks like fuel prices is also going the same way and there is one common party to them all.

Seems a good humoured thread, to me, what's your problem with that one?

Edited by carlt

But people who, ordinarily, would be arguing on the threads you mentioned are in agreement that your posts are selfish and completely unconcerned with other peoples concerns.

If the boat next door's webasto exhaust rots off and they tell you they can't afford to replace it, due to the recession, would you not be moaning on about sleepless nights, in the same way you did about your poor neighbours' baby?

None of the boats near us have rotten exhausts so i dont believe that will be a problem any time soon.

And whos bringing up the past now.

Seems a good humoured thread, to me, what's your problem with that one?

The way you seem to enjoy putting other people down. Hits a nerve when they turn the tables doesnt it?

A new liveaboard has move on to the mooring next to me. The S** has removed the soild fuel stove that was fitted and now runs his forced diesel heating 24/7 :lol: . When the damm thing kicks it, its like standing behind a B52 on take off. :lol:

Iam not even able take the boat off the mooring and go and moor down the river to sleep, as the engine is undergoing a top overhaul.

Should forced diesel heating be banned from use like engines on moorings between 10pm and 7am?

Firesprite

Middle Levels

Anything that disturbs your neighbours should banned really. Thing is what is classed as a noise nuiscence by one boater might not be even noticed by another.

Having said that most things that make even a modest amount of noise carries only to well during the hours of darkness so yes really the person operating such equipment is being anti social.

My advice have a quite word. If that does not work i've heard air horns are pretty loud...............

The way you seem to enjoy putting other people down. Hits a nerve when they turn the tables doesnt it?

Sorry, who am I putting down? Surely you don't mean Chrisw??

Stick around. Phylis, you might learn that some of us have been chatting on the forum long enough to give each other a bit of stick, from time to time.

Myself and ChrisW, especially.

None of the boats near us have rotten exhausts so i dont believe that will be a problem any time soon.

How do you know?

Never say never, Phylis.

Sorry, who am I putting down? Surely you don't mean Chrisw??

Stick around. Phylis, you might learn that some of us have been chatting on the forum long enough to give each other a bit of stick, from time to time.

Myself and ChrisW, especially.

You see convincing people to stick around on this forum is pertty hard. The only people on here will be the "group" of people obnoxious enough to put with each other. Odd really as you seem to spend a lot of time slagging off other forums which appear much more open minded.

How do you know?

Never say never, Phylis.

Maintenance is all i will say to that.

You see convincing people to stick around on this forum is pertty hard. The only people on here will be the "group" of people obnoxious enough to put with each other. Odd really as you seem to spend a lot of time slagging off other forums which appear much more open minded.

I think you'll find that I have never slagged off another forum, on this or any other site.

I have, however, criticised another forum (on their pages) for criticising this one.

Get your facts right, Phylis.

What is the world record for continuing to troll after you have been found out?

Or the world record for trolling without even realising it?!!!!

Since when did standing up for what you believe become trolling.

Ah when you didnt agree with their opinions or when they bought a fibregalss boat or when they didnt agree with your opinions

Sorry, but I'm still struggling with Phylis' post 266, where she says she bought a Sierra with pedigree. Now that surely IS oxymoronic.....?

Racing or rallying to be precise pedigree. Now she is a looker. Proper car with the power going to the correct wheels.

Like I said, you can only be sure your own boat is being serviced adequately.

You do not know how the other boats are being treated, until something goes wrong.

I find speaking to people helps to find that out.

OK, scenario for you...

You moor up at 6pm. By 7pm, you are washed, and glad-rags on, and head into town to indulge in a meal at the pub you heard about.

At 7:10, another boat arrives, moors, and starts his generator.

At 11, you return from a splendid meal, to find the other boat with his generator still running.

You knock on the boat and ask if he will turn it off, because you are off to bed. He declines, opining that he needs the power to watch the telly, and keep the fridge running, and that his needs for cold beer are greater than yours for peace and quiet.

Do you move? Do you attempt to ignore the fact that you can't sleep?

Put simply, your solution is a green light for those who wish to behave without consideration for others to do as they please, and amounts to put up with it or bugger off.

Well this is easier than the technical questions i have had to answer today.

I do find myself in agreement with the obnoxious Philys (one L no brain).

At 11 o clock i certainly wouldn't bother spoiling their night (after all i was out when they were running their generator). In the morning I would either move or, if that was not convenient, talk to them (expressing sympathy for their electrical problem, explaining that there are other possible solutions) and explain that I don't like generators at night.

From there I would play it by ear (if you'll excuse the pun). Following my grandmother's advice at all times, i would either, cede the argument and move, get on with my life having made a new friend, or get up at 5 in the morning and make a lot of noise.

2 out 3 options arising from a spirit of co-operation (or a lesson about it) with the 3rd accepting that being right is not as nice as being alive.

Edited by Chris Pink