Should Forced diesel heating be banned from being used late at night?

nbfiresprite

Should forced Diesel Heating be banned from being used between 10pm and 7am  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should be banned?

• No
    • What did you say?
    • Yes

Featured Posts

snobs dont live in council houses and drive old cars

I realise it may be unfair to take just one phrase but that is where the snobs I have met come from.

My mum for one. :lol:

You have not seen where we live then. You would be driven out for being a snob.

I. SNOB NO, snobs dont live in council houses and drive old cars or listen to the BS that comes from some of you lot.

But, Phylis, you don't have to " listen to the BS that comes from some of you lot". We won't mind at all if you stop listening. No, on the other hand, perhaps you should keep listening and then maybe you will come to appreciate just what a friendly helpful group this is. OK there are disagreements and measured arguments but until you came along I don't think we have had anyone who showed their immaturity and intolerance quite so much as you do. Perhaps if you put awayyour keyboard for a while and just read some of the threads on here, you might come to appreciate the group more.

Mind you, your presence has been beneficial in some ways, you have united folk who usually sit on opposite sides of the fence :lol:

But, Phylis, you don't have to " listen to the BS that comes from some of you lot". We won't mind at all if you stop listening. No, on the other hand, perhaps you should keep listening and then maybe you will come to appreciate just what a friendly helpful group this is. OK there are disagreements and measured arguments but until you came along I don't think we have had anyone who showed their immaturity and intolerance quite so much as you do. Perhaps if you put awayyour keyboard for a while and just read some of the threads on here, you might come to appreciate the group more.

Mind you, your presence has been beneficial in some ways, you have united folk who usually sit on opposite sides of the fence :lol:

Which is why a lot of your members dont post for fear of the backlash.

Doesnt sound friendly to me.

Observation is a funny thing and you can work people out very quickly by the way they type.

Why would i be envious of a family who live in a council house, have no money, have screaming kids and generally dont have a good life?

Personally, a statement like this - to me - would indicate someone has a tendency to snobbish views.

No again it is observation and an answer to a question which tried to indicate i was jealous of our neighbours. How wrong one can be.

and my observation - as you stated before regarding how people type

Observation is a funny thing and you can work people out very quickly by the way they type

would indicate that you exhibit snobbish behaviour. of course this is an opinion I have formed from my observations, and as such is not in any way a uniformed reality. But as what you type is the only way I have of assessing your behaviour and attitude with regards to other people then I can only make my opinion from this.

Edited by grahoom

Observation is a funny thing and you can work people out very quickly by the way they type.

It had to happen one day.

Finally, you got something right.

As far as I can tell, most people here have worked you out from the way you type.

It had to happen one day.

Finally, you got something right.

As far as I can tell, most people here have worked you out from the way you type.

Again much to the amusement of my collegues at work who actually know me, who happen to know me and know how wrong you are. If we ever get the misfortune of meeting im sure you will agree with their views. I just tell things how they are , no point in bending the truth to please others.

Again much to the amusement of my collegues at work who actually know me, who happen to know me and know how wrong you are. If we ever get the misfortune of meeting im sure you will agree with their views. I just tell things how they are , no point in bending the truth to please others.

See there you go again rubbing folk up the wrong way and you wonder why forum members are annoyed with you

so there seems to be a miss match with how you type and who you are?

I tell things how they are, and there are many people here who profoundly disagree with my views.

I wonder why people don't react to me like they react to you?

This is a lovely discussion. I wonder off for several months and here you are!!!

Well, down and dirty here we go.

I know the marina I used to be in did not ban eber's etc but your popularity among the chosen ones dropped like a key in the cut if you dared put it on at night same way as they hated engine's being run for power any time of the day or night. If you didn't officially break the rules but you annoyed your neighbour with an eber, you soon felt like leaving.

that aside, they can be quite noisy. Ours is, but we only give it a blast once in a while to make sure its not dead and to take the edge off the rooms before the stove is up to speed, but this is rare we ever use it.

I am not entirely offended by them, but then I've not had the experience of trying to sleep through one yet either so really can't vote or comment only to say I feel ours would be noisy enough to me to warrant it not being used at night.

As for the engineer debate, are we not all engineers in the grand scheme of things, qualified by exam or not? I engineered two babies, does that not count?

I grew up on a council estate, my dad worked, but a lot didn't some had no excuse, some really couldn't have worked, and whilst I don't think people should take the michael and have 20 kids to get a bigger council house and not work, I do know people fall into bad times so you can't judge everyone for sure.

I don't take people at point blank range. Some people will invariably disappoint, but often they are good people.

Now, if it was a choice between someone staying warm with a noisy eber or some toe rag who lets their dog crap just about everywhere on the towpath and no attmept to clean up, I know who I would rather be next too. :lol: