Should Forced diesel heating be banned from being used late at night?

nbfiresprite

Should forced Diesel Heating be banned from being used between 10pm and 7am  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should be banned?

• No
    • What did you say?
    • Yes

Featured Posts

What! How much???

What on earth do you get for your more than £1000 for a service? A new set of cylinder heads and a replacement gold plated keel??

Richard

I feel all faint...

Unfortunately not. You get a full service of one engine and outdrive using genuine service parts. If you own a twin engined twin drive boat you double the price. No gold plated keel, infact no keel.

If someone arrived at a mooring next to mine and switched on a noisy appliance then I think that would be unreasonable.

If I moored up, next to a boat with a noisy heater and went and asked them to turn it off, I would be being unreasonable.

If I arrived at a mooring and, later, the adjacent boat switched on a noisy heater, I would live with it, nobody, imho, is being unreasonable, in that instance.

Hang on. So why has this thread gone on so long if we agree that having a heater isnt unacceptable?

So your new boat isn't posh then...? I see a lot of scruffy GRP boats on my travels, most of them of Section 8's :lol:

Maybe there is somthing you need to tell us.

Personally, I would say that anything that came out of the exact same mould as x hundred other boats, and was then identically fitted out, where you couldn't even specify what sort of heater you wanted, has to be boring, at certainly by comparison to Carlt's lifeboat. Even your average "clonecraft" narrowboat, is often rather similar to the boat next door, but its not as boring as totally identical GRP boats...

Does it make any difference if i bought a "posh" boat or not. If i had bought a scruffy dingy for £500 would i have been a scruff.

Maybe you should take a closer look at the Sealine Range and you may find that they are not as mass produced as you would like to belive. Ours is boat No. 97 and was close to the end of the production run for that model. No two boats are the same as there are extras you can specify. The heater for instance is optional, as is a holding tank for the toilet, the canopy, fabrics,. I have already made clear my views on older boats and narrowboats, i dont find them attractive i would much rather have a cruiser with sporty lines that i find nice to look at.

You say that nobody there is a snob.

I must disagree.

YOU are a snob, and have shown yourself to be a snob in this thread and the screaming babies thread.

Snob no.

Proud of my achievements yes.

Are you not proud of the choices you have made in life and anything you have achieved?

Snob no.

Proud of my achievements yes.

Are you not proud of the choices you have made in life and anything you have achieved?

Your "achievements" would appear to be purely the acquisition of material posessions, because it is plain to see that your journey through life thus far has left you sadly lacking in other more intangible areas.

A vulgar pre-occupation with how much more you have than other people is no achievement at all.

Your "achievements" would appear to be purely the acquisition of material posessions, because it is plain to see that your journey through life thus far has left you sadly lacking in other more intangible areas.

A vulgar pre-occupation with how much more you have than other people is no achievement at all.

No achievements.

Well i would call gaining 2 HNC's an HND and a degree in Civil Engineering pretty good achievements especially as they were through part time study as i worked in the industry at the same time. Having a relationship for 8 years again a good achievement in my eyes. Working towards the standard of lifing we have made for ourselves again a good achievement. The list could go on if yoy wish.

No achievements.

Well i would call gaining 2 HNC's an HND and a degree in Civil Engineering pretty good achievements especially as they were through part time study as i worked in the industry at the same time. Having a relationship for 8 years again a good achievement in my eyes. Working towards the standard of lifing we have made for ourselves again a good achievement. The list could go on if yoy wish.

No post-grad, but calling yourself an engineer?

Prepare for incoming, Phylis!

No post-grad, but calling yourself an engineer?

Prepare for incoming, Phylis!

Im 24 years of age. Ive worked in the industry for over 8 years in fact 9 next month. You can not buy experience, many of the students i graduated with have never been anywhere near a construction site. Ive worked on them for 9 years almost and have gaine vital experience through that. I have also been in charge of my own projects for a couple of years now.

Seems you are the one trolling now carl.

No achievements.

Please don't!

You have, of course, proved my point admirably.

Your very existence is all about showing other people what you have and how absolutely bloody marvelous you are, and about looking down on other people who haven't got as far as you have.

You utterly fail to appreciate that your own shallow self-obsession and snobbery ensures that you will never gain the respect of other people.

Does it make any difference if i bought a "posh" boat or not. If i had bought a scruffy dingy for £500 would i have been a scruff.

Maybe you should take a closer look at the Sealine Range and you may find that they are not as mass produced as you would like to belive. Ours is boat No. 97 and was close to the end of the production run for that model. No two boats are the same as there are extras you can specify. The heater for instance is optional, as is a holding tank for the toilet, the canopy, fabrics,. I have already made clear my views on older boats and narrowboats, i dont find them attractive i would much rather have a cruiser with sporty lines that i find nice to look at.

Clutching at straws somewhat? If having a toilet holding tank and different fabrics is your idea of individuality then you must have led a very sheltered life.

I have already made clear my views on older boats and narrowboats, i dont find them attractive i would much rather have a cruiser with sporty lines that i find nice to look at

As someone else suggested, don't you think you're on the wrong forum in that case - the clue's in the title. Seems you've come along knowing that your views will differ from 99% of the very diverse views of people on here and have come along just looking to stir. Definition of a troll.

And yes, a lot of us are very proud of what we've achieved - but we're not either vulgar or insecure enough to need to tell everybody else about it.

Clutching at straws somewhat? If having a toilet holding tank and different fabrics is your idea of individuality then you must have led a very sheltered life.

I have already made clear my views on older boats and narrowboats, i dont find them attractive i would much rather have a cruiser with sporty lines that i find nice to look at

As someone else suggested, don't you think you're on the wrong forum in that case - the clue's in the title. Seems you've come along knowing that your views will differ from 99% of the very diverse views of people on here and have come along just looking to stir. Definition of a troll.

And yes, a lot of us are very proud of what we've achieved - but we're not either vulgar or insecure enough to need to tell everybody else about it.

So having a different boat to your tin cans means i cant be a member of your "exclusive" club you call a forum.

So having a different boat to your tin cans means i cant be a member of your "exclusive" club you call a forum.

Not at all, but insulting probably 90% of the members of the forum in one sweeping comment probably won't make you feel very welcomed.

Why not head back to www.chavworld.co.uk ?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out..................

:lol:

Im 24 years of age. Ive worked in the industry for over 8 years in fact 9 next month. You can not buy experience, many of the students i graduated with have never been anywhere near a construction site. Ive worked on them for 9 years almost and have gaine vital experience through that. I have also been in charge of my own projects for a couple of years now.

Seems you are the one trolling now carl.

Not at all, Phylis,

I happen to believe that the status of engineering can be earned through experience but there are many hear who would say, if you're not qualified to be chartered, you're not an engineer.

I think, if I was a troll, I'd have been found out by now.

and members who have much more expesive boats than you who do not rub people up the wrong way, who after a wet day out on the cut covered in mud snot and crap from the towpaths will quite happily sit in the pub and have a pint or two with us mere mortals without being offensive because they have a more expensive boat

And to get back to the original post a banana up the tail pipe seems to quiet them down :lol:

Not at all, Phylis,

I happen to believe that the status of engineering can be earned through experience but there are many hear who would say, if you're not qualified to be chartered, you're not an engineer.

I think, if I was a troll, I'd have been found out by now.

That would mean that about 65% of our "engineers" are not engineers then.

You are a clever troll to have been undiscovered for so long.

Not at all, but insulting probably 90% of the members of the forum in one sweeping comment probably won't make you feel very welcomed.

Why not head back to www.chavworld.co.uk ?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out..................

:lol:

I see but the 90% can insult the other smaller percentage as much as they like?

Yes, I've even managed to meet many of the members, socially, and still they were fooled.

I really think arguing with me, over a point we agree on is a bit childish, by the way.

Edited by carlt

I see but the 90% can insult the other smaller percentage as much as they like?

No.

It may have escaped your attemtion, but the rest of the 10% don't suffer insults.

Your boat isn't the problem. Your attitude is.

Please don't!

You have, of course, proved my point admirably.

Your very existence is all about showing other people what you have and how absolutely bloody marvelous you are, and about looking down on other people who haven't got as far as you have.

You utterly fail to appreciate that your own shallow self-obsession and snobbery ensures that you will never gain the respect of other people.

I fail to have any time for people who moan about being badly done to. The very existance of "people like me" is brought about by people working hard and going out and getting what they want. If we all sat on our arses we would get no where. SNOB NO, snobs dont live in council houses and drive old cars or listen to the BS that comes from some of you lot.

I fail to have any time for people who moan about being badly done to. The very existance of "people like me" is brought about by people working hard and going out and getting what they want. If we all sat on our arses we would get no where. SNOB NO, snobs dont live in council houses and drive old cars or listen to the BS that comes from some of you lot.

I have no time for people who moan about being badly done to either.

That doesn't mean that I find it necessary to brag about how wonderful I am, or how sucessful I am.

You are a snob.

SNOB NO, snobs dont live in council houses and drive old cars or listen to the BS that comes from some of you lot.

SNOB -

1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.

2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

having grown up on a Council Estate I would say that, just in any other place, you can and do get snobs.

Edited by grahoom