Should Forced diesel heating be banned from being used late at night?

nbfiresprite

Should forced Diesel Heating be banned from being used between 10pm and 7am  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should be banned?

• No
    • What did you say?
    • Yes

Featured Posts

And they're likely to admit to being unable to afford to service their boat, in a marina that only admits the very best?

Its obvious whos getting serviced due them being on the lift whilst the outdrives are serviced. No one has any secrets boat wise. They are all very proud of their vessels and rightly so.

Its obvious whos getting serviced due them being on the lift whilst the outdrives are serviced. No one has any secrets boat wise. They are all very proud of their vessels and rightly so.

Yep, maintaining them outdrives sure keeps the earbasher noise down.

What do you want me to say Carl. I will service every single diesel heater in the country. Would that make you happy?

No Phylis, just answer my question.

If your neighbouring boat's webasto becomes incredibly noisy (jumbo jet type noise) and they explain to you that they can't afford a new silencer and are barely making the marina fees, what would you do?

If your neighbouring boat's webasto becomes incredibly noisy (jumbo jet type noise) and they explain to you that they can't afford a new silencer and are barely making the marina fees, what would you do?

Leave them be or move our boat simple choice. And before you ask i couldnt move my house to get away from the baby.

Tsk Tsk Carl!

This is a very high class marina. I have no doubt that any riff-raff who managed to sneak in would be evicted for dirty fenders long before the exhaust became a problem.

I'm sure Phylis is correct that I wouldn't manage to get a mooring there, but then again if the moorers there share her outlook on the world, I cannot imagine that I would want to moor there.

Tsk Tsk Carl!

This is a very high class marina. I have no doubt that any riff-raff who managed to sneak in would be evicted for dirty fenders long before the exhaust became a problem.

I'm sure Phylis is correct that I wouldn't manage to get a mooring there, but then again if the moorers there share her outlook on the world, I cannot imagine that I would want to moor there.

Its would be far nicer than mooring near you.

??????????????????

Sorry I thought you were making a joke. In light of your track record, here, I'm afraid I can't believe you're serious (though, I'm sure, in your mind, you may think you'd be that tolerant).

Edited by carlt

I suspect that to be true, because if you arrived on our mooring with an attitude like yours, you just wouldn't fit in.

And im damn sure you wouldnt fit in at ours.

Sorry I thought you were making a joke. In light of your track record, here, I'm afraid I can't believe you're serious (though, I'm sure,in your mind, you may think you'd be that tolerant).

If it became such an issue i would borrow another mooring in the marina for the night. There is always one or two where the owners are away. I certainly wouldnt ask them to turn it off. Its their heating

If it became such an issue i would borrow another mooring in the marina for the night. There is always one or two where the owners are away. I certainly wouldnt ask them to turn it off. Its their heating

It doesn't matter how often you repeat it, I just don't believe you.

You have proved yourself far less tolerant of lesser annoyances and, the way you describe your fellow moorers (who quite possibly would hate to be portrayed, in the way you have) you'd all get together and demand eviction on the grounds of being poor. The noisy exhaust merely being evidence of their lowliness.

It doesn't matter how often you repeat it, I just don't believe you.

You have proved yourself far less tolerant of lesser annoyances and, the way you describe your fellow moorers (who quite possibly would hate to be portrayed, in the way you have) you'd all get together and demand eviction on the grounds of being poor. The noisy exhaust merely being evidence of their lowliness.

Seems you are far less tolerant of people having their own opinions and different lifes than you would lead us to believe.

As ive said no one in the marina is a snob they are actually down to earth people who like boats. You lot are under the impression that as it is new it must be posh and boring. Im afraid you are wrong.

Seems you are far less tolerant of people having their own opinions and different lifes than you would lead us to believe.

As ive said no one in the marina is a snob they are actually down to earth people who like boats. You lot are under the impression that as it is new it must be posh and boring. Im afraid you are wrong.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it is. This is a discussion forum, do you only expect people to agree?

I'm sure most of the people, in your marina, are lovely people and, quite possibly shocked at the way you've portrayed them.

You, however have quite convinced me that you are a snob.

I have not said that new things are posh, just that I prefer old things, which you have described as "ugly" and certainly not fit to grace your marina.

Pure snobbery!

Edited by carlt

Sorry, but I'm still struggling with Phylis' post 266, where she says she bought a Sierra with pedigree. Now that surely IS oxymoronic.....?

read this and then stand corrected about the sierra

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=161&i=17770

I went to get a bag of chips and theres 3 more pages :lol: (dont like popcorn :lol: )

Although this is highly ammusing it should be closed or moved toa different section, i suggest 'the playground' :lol:

I'm at work till 8 today so if someones been stupid enough to moor near me they wont be happy when i run my engine and my heater when i get back to the boat around 8.30 :lol:

Edited by Pretty Funked Up

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it is. This is a discussion forum, do you only expect people to agree?

I'm sure most of the people, in your marina, are lovely people and, quite possibly shocked at the way you've portrayed them.

You, however have quite convinced me that you are a snob.

I have not said that new things are posh, just that I prefer old things, which you have described as "ugly" and certainly not fit to grace your marina.

Pure snobbery!

Wrong on every count. Would love to stay and chat but im going home. Pick it up in the morning maybe.

Maybe you should take a trip to our marina see just how wrong you really are.

read this and then stand corrected about the sierra

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=161&i=17770

I went to get a bag of chips and theres 3 more pages :lol: (dont like popcorn :lol: )

Although this is highly ammusing it should be closed or moved toa different section, i suggest 'the playground' :lol:

Nice one but wrong model. Its the XR4i we have got