Current Red diesel prices around you ?

Nickhlx

Featured Posts

With all the road diesel coming down ( around 110p/litre around here - central Southern England) I was surprised to see Red Diesel still at 95p/litre today on the canalside, and that seems to be what it has been for some weeks !

Has anyone noticed their suppliers dropping prices recently and what is it around you at the moment ?

Nick

marina`s wont drop there prices as they have a monopoly and a captive audience :lol:

I suppose so, but what will they price it at when the duty has to be added and white road diesel is say ? 105p/litre in a couple of weeks time ?

Already our local Tesco is 110.9 before the 5p per litre off voucher making it 105.9 now - albeit hassle for those not able / prepared to lug the cans... :lol:

Nick

I suppose so, but what will they price it at when the duty has to be added and white road diesel is say ? 105p/litre in a couple of weeks time ?

Already our local Tesco is 110.9 before the 5p per litre off voucher making it 105.9 now - albeit hassle for those not able / prepared to lug the cans... :lol:

Nick

I paid 105 yesterday when I filled the car up.

Prices on the cut are very variable, when I filled the boat up 3 weeks ago at Calcutt it was well under 80 p

79 pence at Cow Roast marina (Tring summit, Grand Union) 2 days ago.

Generally towards the "lower end of the middle" price-wise if that makes any sense at all.

They reckon Herts & Middlesex just 5 miles down the cut are still at 95p, but I've not verified that.

If we see the "coal boats" when we are out in a few days, I'll post their price.

It's certainly true that some outlets are consistently very much more expensive that others. When we passed Whilton twice in the summer, the price was 95 pence in each direction - despite that being at least 10 pence more than we saw advertised anywhere else in a 330 mile journey. :lol: I think it's the captive audience at the Marina, many of who are not brave enough to go up Whilton locks, and look elsewhere.

Thanks guys, for the quick responses...

I can see that some may be using white diesel if its coming down much more and the physical side of it is within their capabilities ... It is a bit of a rip off to charge 40 to 50p over the cost ( around double ?) of the wholesale price....

After November 1st, I guess some will charge more than white for the convenience factor but I expect there will be some stiff opposition to it. Granted they have overheads but I guess the punters have options too...

It will be interesting to see what the tales coming back in a couple of weeks will be....

Nick

It can be annoying and i am not defending the marina's etc.

Do remember that most forecourts sell a lot more than the local marina, the marina may have bought their diesel when the price was high and not yet had a new delivery.

Some forecourts have a delivery every day so can react quickly to price changes, whereas the marina cannot.

I don't think the mariners have the ability to make price drops inline with the gararge fore courts. I am sure they buy at a fixed price so if they brought at say 90p per ltr then they will not drop the price until the tank is dry and they top up with fuel at 40p per ltr. (we live in hope)

With all the road diesel coming down ( around 110p/litre around here - central Southern England) I was surprised to see Red Diesel still at 95p/litre today on the canalside, and that seems to be what it has been for some weeks !

Has anyone noticed their suppliers dropping prices recently and what is it around you at the moment ?

Nick

Hi Nick

83p or 78p if you bought 100 ltrs at Shrobnall (Burton on Trent) - last week

Alex

My mates taken his diesel stove out and fitted a Morso. Whoops! diesel prices going down and solid fuel prices going up.

As have I but its still cheaper.

This does not include propulsion, that was another 600L

2007 diesel 1300L

2008 diesel 1000L

Coal for the winter (one tonne) £310 at summer prices (£410 now)

Diesel needs to drop to less than 31pL before I lose money :lol:

Julian

I paid 99p/lt at BoA marina two weeks ago. With my 5p off token it's 104.9p at my local Superfoodsulike. It's looking like it'll be a environmental disaster down round here as I couldn't buy a jerry can locally for love or money at the weekend. Apparently they're being bought up by "people what lives on boats" according to the serving youth in a Trowbridge shop.

I paid 99p/lt at BoA marina two weeks ago. With my 5p off token it's 104.9p at my local Superfoodsulike. It's looking like it'll be a environmental disaster down round here as I couldn't buy a jerry can locally for love or money at the weekend. Apparently they're being bought up by "people what lives on boats" according to the serving youth in a Trowbridge shop.

They have got plenty on Toolstation Jill , and it is free delivery at the moment.

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?sea...an&Search=1

Here on the Shropshire

Turners at Wheaton Aston id 62.9 ppl

Norbury Wharf (Where I am at present) 64.9 ppl

Both have come down in the last 7 days

Blimey, that does make you think.

I'd like to be kind to other resellers, by suggesting that their much higher prices would relate to a seasonal downturn in sales, and that they may well be selling stock bought at higher wholesale prices.

But as I suspect there is a steady trade of people filling up before November 1st, that sounds a bit unlikely, and I'd expect most to still be turning over fair volumes, even though it's late October.

It certainly sounds like many are making well in excess of 20 ppl. Perhaps they will start to drop their margins after November 1st, if they start to find people are visiting Tesco, rather than them ? We can only hope!