Loo Roll 😆

Karen Louise

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, manxmike said:

Izal used to be great as a musical instrument - put a piece around a comb and it became a "Kazoo", the musical instrument of choice for seven year old kids!

Remember it well

image.png.8409319cb6160bede7ce477e01738157.png

Edited by ditchcrawler

My first canal holiday in 1976 was with a group that hired both of Black Prince's original fleet of two boats (Nelson and Rodney) . One had two sea toilets, the other had two  Elsan loos and a spade to be used to bury their contents if there was no convenient sanitary station (which there wasn't mid-week). We had brought our own supply of soft bog rolls, but one of our party who had his own yacht said that the sea toilets ought only to be used with hard bog paper as the soft stuff was liable to block the mechanism. So we bought some of the right stuff, and that boat had a harder time of it! 

By the time we hired  again the following year, the sea toilets had been replaced.

Edited by Ronaldo47
typos

19 hours ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

One of the biggest blockers of Elsen disposals are the sliding lids/covers of the cassette, last tilme I had to unblock an S blend I found 3 wedged in there. The funny thing was, was that the boater that finally realised it was blocked kept flushing it until it overflowed, before she figuring out her cr@p wasn’t going anywhere 💩💩

why not use a portable bidet

or 

water flosser if you are feeling adventurous :)

18 minutes ago, Ronaldo47 said:

My first canal holiday in 1976 was with a group that hired both of Black Prince's original fleet of two boats (Nelson and Rodney) . One had two sea toilets, the other had two  Elsan loos and a spade to be used to bury their contents if there was no convenient sanitary station (which there wasn't mid-week). We had brought our own supply of soft bog rolls, but one of our party who had his own yacht said that the sea toilets ought only to be used with hard bog paper as the soft stuff was liable to block the mechanism. So we bought some of the right stuff, and that boat had a harder time of it! 

By the time we hired  again the following year, the sea toilets had been replaced.

The first one we hired had a nice recycling flush loo with blue water 

21 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Go Greek / Brazilian / loads of others, and put used paper in a bin and dispose with the usual rubbish if you are concerned. If you don't want to put it in the bin 'loose', then use cheap dog crap bags.

Or nappy bags which are the same thing really.

I was amused when visiting the Bounty which is a riverside pub opposite Bourne End on the Thames to note that they had a useful selection of snacks available on approach to the bar.

Chocolate bars, some packs of crips, pork scratchings and also very cleverly they also had little packets of dog poo bags.

It sort of put me orf my appetite in a number of different ways but I guess it was good product placement.

Just now, magnetman said:

I was amused when visiting the Bounty which is a riverside pub opposite Bourne End on the Thames to note that they had a useful selection of snacks available on approach to the bar.

Chocolate bars, some packs of crips, pork scratchings and also very cleverly they also had little packets of dog poo bags.

It sort of put me orf my appetite in a number of different ways but I guess it was good product placement.

Did they have any chocolate covered coconut snacks? 

No and I did moan to the man at the bar about it.

Bit of an obvious oversight !

No Bounty Bars at the Bounty bar. He saw the point but had other customers to deal with rather than engage in a frivolous conversation with a gentleman of the River such as myself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, magnetman said:

No and I did moan to the man at the bar about it.

Bit of an obvious oversight !

No Bounty Bars at the Bounty bar. He saw the point but had other customers to deal with rather than engage in a frivolous conversation with a gentleman of the River such as myself.

Well, you could have looked for the bounties yourself. Afterall they are in need of hunting iirc