My hose won't start

Mangina

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

That’s right but you need to know why water is coming in too otherwise your big hose/ horse or house could just be circulating Thames water. 
im not 100% sure but I believe RCR (river canal rescue)  can do this sort of work and it may save a lot of bother. 

How full of water is the barge? 

2 feet maybe 🤔 more

It sits on the bottom side with 2 feet 

It sounds as if the advice has been to get hold of a water transfer pump ( ebay: petrol flood water pump). Ones with 3" roll flat hoses can shift maybe a max of one thousand litres or a ton of water per minute.

However, the questions remain as to

why is it so full of water?

is the boat floating or sitting on the bottom?

are any of the vents, outlets under water meaning that any water coming out immediately goes back in?

A picture if possible or a few more details would really help to get any advice that forum membes may be able to offer.

So, over the course of twelve days we have been given the following information in total:

Hi , my partner died and left me a Thames barge , I have been told that to move her I will need a snorkel or engine replacement. Can anyone offer any advice pls ?

Ok a bilge pumps kneaded yes With a big house I was told ? And pumped overboard 

2 feet maybe 🤔 more It sits on the bottom side with 2 feet

In summary: We do not know where this boat is. A Thames barge isn't necessarily located on the Thames. It appears there is water inside, perhaps to two feet depth, or perhaps it is sitting on the bed of a two foot deep waterway, wherever that is. Whatever it is, you think this is a problem that needs solving, before the boat can be moved.

The people on here are willing and able to give advice, but we cannot read your mind, or see through your eyes. What is actually going on and what do you want to find out? Erratic spelling we can cope with, but you need to provide a lot more information. Posting pictures are a good shorthand way of doing this, especially if you aren't sure what some boaty objects are called. Without this, we are just speculating and it is useless to you and a waste of our time. @Mangina, help us to help you.  Assuming this is not a wind up of course.

38 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

So, over the course of twelve days we have been given the following information in total:

In summary: We do not know where this boat is. A Thames barge isn't necessarily located on the Thames. It appears there is water inside, perhaps to two feet depth, or perhaps it is sitting on the bed of a two foot deep waterway, wherever that is. Whatever it is, you think this is a problem that needs solving, before the boat can be moved.

The people on here are willing and able to give advice, but we cannot read your mind, or see through your eyes. What is actually going on and what do you want to find out? Erratic spelling we can cope with, but you need to provide a lot more information. Posting pictures are a good shorthand way of doing this, especially if you aren't sure what some boaty objects are called. Without this, we are just speculating and it is useless to you and a waste of our time. @Mangina, help us to help you.  Assuming this is not a wind up of course.

You are far more charitable than me. Twice, I think now three times, photos have been asked for and none provided. I think that the OP is a time-wasting wind up merchant.

If they want help, they need to at least try to help us. I doubt any spell checker would substitute house for hose or horse. I suppose predictive text might, but that suggest a lack of proofreading before the submit button is clicked. The proofreading could be done by a third party s the OP's grasp of English is as bad as it looks.

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

It sounds as if the advice has been to get hold of a water transfer pump ( ebay: petrol flood water pump). Ones with 3" roll flat hoses can shift maybe a max of one thousand litres or a ton of water per minute.

are any of the vents, outlets under water meaning that any water coming out immediately goes back in?

A picture if possible or a few more details would really help to get any advice that forum membes may be able to offer.

This poor chap had 2 pumps running but the offside gunwale was underwater 

DSCF8720.JPG

On 29/11/2023 at 08:26, BilgePump said:

Ok Thank you very much for your help . Yes this will s what was told to me but I could not understand .thank you and I will try to send some photographs next time .Thank you again

Just now, Mangina said:

Ok Thank you very much for your help . Yes this will s what was told to me but I could not understand .thank you and I will try to send some photographs next time .Thank you again

It rests on the side of riverbank but not completely 

On 29/11/2023 at 10:13, magnetman said:

Maybe it is this boat 

IMG_20231129_101027.jpg.0e3d65c7d7f4d6448b186e7a048c9e49.jpg

If only time and matters were in hand 👌

On 29/11/2023 at 10:16, Tony Brooks said:

That won't require a horse, house, or hose to get rid of any water inside, just a drill and bit, pus a big cork for spring tides.

Is this in Gloucester shire?