August - WTF?

blackrose

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I heard that the British summer is now to be renamed "Muslim summer". Partly Sunni but mostly Shi'ite.

Brilliant, but be careful you may upset some of our more delicate members :icecream:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Prepare for a wash out next weekend. We are at a festival and you can't have a festival without mud 🙃

Whereabouts? Hopefully the other side of a weather front away from the rest of us 🤔

7 minutes ago, MtB said:

Cropredy, one would imagine! 

No that's this weekend.  The friends we go to France with at the end of the month are there now. We couldn't get the time off work!

Bakewell in the Peak District next weekend. Pretty much middle of the country 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Naughty Cal

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

No that's this weekend.  The friends we go to France with at the end of the month are there now. We couldn't get the time off work!

Bakewell in the Peak District next weekend. Pretty much middle of the country 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/bakewell/de45-1/daily-weather-forecast/327546

Looks mostly OK for next weekend... 🙂

We are on our mooring (too windy and 'orrid') and have 'gone-up' by over 5 feet overnight.

Lat night the water level was 11 & 1/2 ladder steps from the top of the wall, this afternoon it is 4 ladder steps with the boat walkways now being above the wall height.

It is forecast that we are to have another 12mm of rain in the next 2 hours.

The water has now topped the lock gates.

August 2023.

Wind & Washout !

• Horror 2

5 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

We are on our mooring (too windy and 'orrid') and have 'gone-up' by over 5 feet overnight.

Lat night the water level was 11 & 1/2 ladder steps from the top of the wall, this afternoon it is 4 ladder steps with the boat walkways now being above the wall height.

It is forecast that we are to have another 12mm of rain in the next 2 hours.

The water has now topped the lock gates.

August 2023.

Wind & Washout !

I have just come up the Severn and cant ever remember it as low with so little flow on 

6 hours ago, peterboat said:

We did ok this last weekend mostly dry and sunny in Lincolnshire 

We had a weekend at home.

Managed to crack the bbq out on Saturday. Not managed to use it much this year so far!

Forecast looks wet for the weekend. Hope they have a tractor or 4x4 on site 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We had a weekend at home.

Managed to crack the bbq out on Saturday. Not managed to use it much this year so far!

Forecast looks wet for the weekend. Hope they have a tractor or 4x4 on site 🤣🤣🤣

The new campervan I have built is a VW lT46, it has twin rear wheels so doesn't sink as much as the LT 35, it seems to to slightly better than the last van the Type 25. It seems to be doing 30 ish mpg so can't complain really 

55 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have just come up the Severn and cant ever remember it as low with so little flow on 

Think yourself lucky it wasn't 2ft up like it was the last time I did it 

16 hours ago, peterboat said:

The new campervan I have built is a VW lT46, it has twin rear wheels so doesn't sink as much as the LT 35, it seems to to slightly better than the last van the Type 25. It seems to be doing 30 ish mpg so can't complain really 

It doesn't help ours being front wheel drive with all the weight on the R Send. 

On 15/08/2023 at 13:19, Naughty Cal said:

Put the big Rs in the passenger seat, redistribution.😉

Edited by Jim Riley
Cheek.
  • Haha 1

On 15/08/2023 at 13:19, Naughty Cal said:

Ours is very good being rear wheel drive I am going to put it on the weigh bridge to see what it weighs especially axle weights 

On 14/08/2023 at 20:45, peterboat said:

Bloody useless though on an unloaded transit tipper, get stuck on damp leaves they will, I eventually learned the trick of raising the tipper body to increase weight on the back axle 

4 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Bloody useless though on an unloaded transit tipper, get stuck on damp leaves they will, I eventually learned the trick of raising the tipper body to increase weight on the back axle 

Tyres, tyres, tyres! I honestly think standard commercial road tyres are just designed for nice dry roads and to last as long as possible!

2 hours ago, peterboat said:

Tyres, tyres, tyres! I honestly think standard commercial road tyres are just designed for nice dry roads and to last as long as possible!

Ours has Continental Camping tyres on which are supposed to help on a muddy fields. 

They don't.

They are getting changed early next year for a different set of alloys and some BF Goodrich. 

We lucked out with the weather this weekend. Only got any real rain on Friday night when we were in bed. It was heavy but everything dried out in time for us leaving at dinnertime today. 

Had plenty of good food and good beer. 

Next outing is France.

• Greenie 1

The wind yesterday was gusty and powerful (from a boating perspective).

Yet the later evening was flat calm and light breezes today.

Dare I risk saying it looks like we now have a few days of pleasant summer weather.

3 hours ago, peterboat said:

Yup, the road tyres certainly never helped but most of the time we were talking dry fields, thankfully those particular days are behind me, fun though they were  :)

22 minutes ago, MartynG said:

The wind yesterday was gusty and powerful (from a boating perspective).

Yet the later evening was flat calm and light breezes today.

Dare I risk saying it looks like we now have a few days of pleasant summer weather.

Err, don't be so daft ,  I was already to turn on the Isuzu at11.00am, and proceed, stopped for lunch, and now it's clouding over.

Will try again tomorrow....

26 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Err, don't be so daft ,  I was already to turn on the Isuzu at11.00am, and proceed, stopped for lunch, and now it's clouding over.

Will try again tomorrow....

That will be because we have got the BBQ out and set up to do a rotisserie jerk chicken for dinner later.

Don't expect much joy tomorrow either. We are having a bbq after work 🤣🤣🤣