Canal pilot?

Freya

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Freya said:

Looking for some information about hiring a pilot to take narrowboat from Devises to Brentford late August. Any recommendations appreciated. 

@Captain Pegg of this parish.

@matty40s moved our boat but I dont think he does it any longer. Happy to be corrected.

1 hour ago, Freya said:

Looking for some information about hiring a pilot to take narrowboat from Devises to Brentford late August. Any recommendations appreciated. 

Why? it's not as though you are going to get lost or take a wrong turn.

Judging by the performance of some of the dodo's I have come across, you can't possibly be worse.

Sail it yourself.

Not that it’s any of your biz - we’ve already taken it most of the way out and would love to go further west but we’re running out of time so thought it might be a good solution. Again any helpful comments appreciated! 

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

2 minutes ago, Freya said:

Not that it’s any of your biz - we’ve already taken it most of the way out and would love to go further west but we’re running out of time so thought it might be a good solution. Again any helpful comments appreciated! 

Yeah, going West might not be a good idea moving a boat from Devizes to Brentford.

• Greenie 2

35 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Why? it's not as though you are going to get lost or take a wrong turn.

Judging by the performance of some of the dodo's I have come across, you can't possibly be worse.

Sail it yourself.

People have all sorts of reasons for having somebody move their boat.

After all it does keep the movers in business.

7 minutes ago, M_JG said:

People have all sorts of reasons for having somebody move their boat.

After all it does keep the movers in business.

They do indeed.

Although the widebeam I once took off a mooring, did a 180 degree turn and tied it back up on its opposite side probably took the biscuit. It was however a very valid reason for being asked to do so (and No I didn't charge either..)

1 hour ago, Freya said:

Do you mean you want a boat mover to take it via the canals to the Thames of a sea going pilot to go round the coast?

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Freya said:

I have a mate who used to be a pilot, when he worked for Calor Gas.

:giggles:

• Greenie 1