Fund Britain's Waterways. Birmingham Campaign Cruise. 12th - 13th August

Victor Vectis

Featured Posts

I'm going to be at the Roundhouse on the 13th with a Heritage Working Boat so not going to be able to join in.  May take a detour down to the Mailbox though to see what is happening.

This was their comment:

Today (10th July 2023) the Government made a statement about the future funding of Canal & River Trust (CRT) from 2027 to 2037, following the review of the grant that has been carried out by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) over the past two years. The funding will be reduced in stages from the current annual grant of £52.6 million to £31.5 million in 2036/37.

The NBTA believes that the waterways that we live on should be fully publicly funded and that in transferring British Waterways out of public ownership in 2012, the Tory Government of 2010-2015 was deliberately abrogating its responsibility for maintaining vital national infrastructure. The NBTA does not welcome today’s statement by the Secretary of State. We know that reduced funding will not stop CRT’s attempts to get rid of the itinerant liveaboard boater community.

4 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

NBTA have declined to be one of the 30+ groups who have joined, not wanting to support CRT.

I am not surprised that the National Baton Twirlers Association has not joined but what about the National Bargee Travellers Association 

9 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I am not surprised that the National Baton Twirlers Association has not joined but what about the National Bargee Travellers Association 

I originally thought their name was a bit misleading and not representative of the facts - but - then I realised that the true 'expansion' of NBTA is

No

Boats

Travel
Anywhere

If ever an association was well named it is the NBTA

13 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Looks like there’ll be lots of boat clubs in attendance. 
And I see the BCNS will be there of course. 

With CRT’s new mooring restrictions it should be interesting. 

But it is in Crt interest so they will turn a blind eye

2 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

Yes. A Black Country pub.

Just round the back of the Cube, not far from the Mailbox.

A nice quiet pub with an excellent choice of beers.

A pub we used to visit when we cruised into Brum most weekends(we moored at Titford Pumphouse when we were both working & it was our weekend treat to go to town).A proper pub.