Blue Sign

beerbeerbeerbeerbeer

Featured Posts

51 minutes ago, Goliath said:

It’s all odd. 
Everything about the sign is odd. 
2 days only? 

£25 charge? The charge is a ridiculous sum of money to pay to be there. It’s a charge to deter over staying, it’s really a fine. But CRT can’t issue fines. So 🤷‍♀️
And Widebeams? 
Obviously a generic/default sign with no thought given. 

And as you say we pay a license which allows us to moor (and for up to 14 days at a time).

Been in Tewkesbury today, the visitor moorings at Avon lock are signed 48hr, then £100 per day for staying longer so CRT's look like a bargain.

34 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

So, is it a lock mooring, service mooring (note the tap) or a 1 day mooring just below Foxton Locks 

image.png.22d8da298f005e43132d4ce52f56930f.png

I was confused when I moored there overnight.

9 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Been in Tewkesbury today, the visitor moorings at Avon lock are signed 48hr, then £100 per day for staying longer so CRT's look like a bargain.

Makes you think…a boat with a good trading business could cover that. 
I wonder if they’d take a month up front?

😃

mind, legally I think it’s 28 days limit for temporary trading 🤷‍♀️

either way..

Edited by Goliath

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Just shows how low my mind has sunk, since moving on to the cANAL.

As the word has no specific qualification, it could mean grass cuttings and so on - garden debris, canal verge debris. It's not in common usage, is it. Use the brown bin for your arisings. ??

Edited by Higgs

1 hour ago, Higgs said:

As the word has no specific qualification, it could mean grass cuttings and so on - garden debris, canal verge debris. It's not in common usage, is it. Use the brown bin for your arisings. ??

I think that you will find it is in common usage amongst the tree cutting community. They use it to define the stuff that has been cut down. Once you know that the sign makes sense. It is instructing contractors no to throw tree and shrub cutting debris over the hedge.

PS we have discussed this one before.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I think that you will find it is in common usage amongst the tree cutting community. They use it to define the stuff that has been cut down. Once you know that the sign makes sense. It is instructing contractors no to throw tree and shrub cutting debris over the hedge.

Thanks for the extra detail, but I haven't come across the discussion. 

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

Where is @tree monkey

48 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Where is @tree monkey

It's certainly commonly used in forestry and Arboriculture and as already discussed means the small branch wood, twiggy debris left over after the useful timber has been extracted 

46 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

He hasn't arisen yet 🤣

2am this morning, my body decided 2am is a perfectly appropriate time to arise, this is the new normal, bleach, so I would welcome being left in a warm snug pile of arisings :)

2 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Yup, although it's more the waste material rather than the useful timber

3 hours ago, Higgs said:

It is certainly used specifically for waste "brash" in the timber industry, I've not heard it used outside of my little world

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wandering snail said:

Good to see our new signs are so long lasting. Money well spent!

Don't fret there will be four larger replacements on the way once CRT finish the method statements, risk assessments, order the safety gear and organise four vans and six staff to erect them.