Deleted

Arthur Marshall

Featured Posts

I think it could be a spare sealing/suction cup for the pump. The small holes would be to secure it onto the shaft, with some backing washer, like a bicycle pump. I can't see anywhere where it would fit on the outside. 

Edited by Higgs

6 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Slightly surreal thread. The rest of us will have to just guess the question, and the answer ?

Mr Marshall posted an item from an oil extractor. th?id=OPE.rLJhkqu%2fWHeYrw300C300&w=160&h=220&rs=1&pid=21.1

The piece was this: Bit.2.jpg.bf811435a2cff94b4b4ceff619576ad9.jpg

He didn't know what it was for..., then did. 

Edited by Higgs
  • Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The answer is, of course,  "42"

Ah, now I do understand a H2G2 reference. The answer to the ultimate question. But does Arthur really have life, the universe and everything wrapped up in that little rubber thingamabob?

5 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Ah, now I do understand a H2G2 reference. The answer to the ultimate question. But does Arthur really have life, the universe and everything wrapped up in that little rubber thingamabob?

It took 7.5 million years to get the answer '42', how long will it take to Arthur to answer your question ?

• Greenie 1

I've been out! I wasn't ignoring all you helpful lot, honest. But it was as said above, the seal, and I deleted my post when I found the manufacturer website and saw it listed as a spare part. But it would have been helpful if it had been identified on the scrappy photocopy that passes for the manual!

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

WTF did you put into Google to find that? And worse, what were the other images like, and do you want them in your browser history? 

Actually, that was quite simple. gimpsuitfartman..

I clear my history very regularly with CCleaner.