Interesting vlog about a narrowboat with hole in it - missing bowthruster blanking plate!

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Can't someone give us a written summery??

Boater found blanking plate on bow thruster tube missing, so compartment was flooded from new. Cleaned up mud and rust then painted. Botched up a cover and seal using fibreglass and spray foam. Decided to have a new tube and bow thruster fitted. 

1 minute ago, alias said:

Boater found blanking plate on bow thruster tube missing, so compartment was flooded from new. Cleaned up mud and rust then painted. Botched up a cover and seal using fibreglass and spray foam. Decided to have a new tube and bow thruster fitted. 

you forgot the crayfish... :)

2 hours ago, alias said:

Thank you 

Glad I didn't bother?

Maybe I should have made a video of my boat being painted, paying particular attention to the hours after the paint has been applied?

• Greenie 1

If he says         B o w    T h r u s t e r  T u b e         one more time I will strangle next door's dog.  I've already pulled most of my hair out. 

So boring, no future in the entertainment industry.

Obviously the man has never heard of impact drivers. That water tank hatch would have come off much quicker with a tap on each screw, and would have eliminated the potential for carving up the heads. I bet they weren't stainless screw either; mine are and still good and easy to free after 31 years.

1 minute ago, Ex Brummie said:

Obviously the man has never heard of impact drivers. That water tank hatch would have come off much quicker with a tap on each screw, and would have eliminated the potential for carving up the heads. I bet they weren't stainless screw either; mine are and still good and easy to free after 31 years.

I think the heads on the BT compartment were hex, and probably stripped as soon as an attempt to move them happened given the permanent water assisted rust generation underneath.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

I think the heads on the BT compartment were hex, and probably stripped as soon as an attempt to move them happened given the permanent water assisted rust generation underneath.

I didn't get that far, I'm on about his water tank cover on the deck, with the screwdriver and adjustable spanner. 

13 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

He might want to edit out the bit about returning the crayfish to the water, pretty sure thats a signal crayfish looking at the shape of its claws, eyes and antennae, highly illegal ?

Jumping on it would upset the snowflakes

14 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

.  I've already pulled most of my hair out. 

To truly grasp how frustrated you are we need some baseline data about how much hair you had prior to watching the video.

A, slightly thinning

B, receding hairline

C, natural tounsure

D, bald

Thank you for participating in this important survey

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, alias said:

But what did he have for tea?