Hammersmith Bridge

umpire111

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, umpire111 said:

Link doesn’t work

Can't help then as I just tried it and it worked OK my end , the only other thing I can suggest is visit New Civil Engineer and search Hammersmith

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest notice from  PLA. On a quick skim, no change to the overall policy and rules, just a neater way of communicating with boats.

This smart signal thing is the same as that controlling Arch 4 at Vauxhall, which works pretty well in my experience. I do have slight red/green colour blindness ...

https://server1.pla.co.uk/assets/u3of2021-barnelmsreach-hammersmithbridge-closedtonavigationexclusionzonecontrolledtransits.pdf

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

51 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Probably quicker than sorting out who should pay for the repairs. Time for a cosy sponsorship deal?

Dunno! Look what happened in the case of the last two new bridges proposed across the Thames in London - the Garden Bridge and the Canary Wharf to Rotherhithe Bridge. Both abandoned after substantial money had been spent on developing the project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2021 at 13:45, Machpoint005 said:

Probably quicker than sorting out who should pay for the repairs. Time for a cosy sponsorship deal?

I can just imagine it emblazoned with banners proclaiming it to be the "Tesco Hammersmith Bridge". Perhaps they could build a supermarket on the bridge itself; there were precedents on the capital's bridges a few centuries ago.

Why not, why not, why not - just pull the blurry thing down and sell it to the Americans (or ano) and put a proper bridge in its place.

It's a miracle of Victorian engineering but totaly useless for today's traffic demands.

I remember wobling over it in my motor bike before most of you were born and thinking the equivalent of w.t.f (language was more restained then).

Conversely just put a blurry great prop midstream to hold up the roadway.

Send the Blues race up to Henley-Ya. The river dosent get that much other traffic anyway...

hic..

• 4 weeks later...