Jump to content

Remember that boat which sank on the Thames?


Kendorr

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, Athy said:

I'm puzzled by the "Subscribe" at the beginning. She doesn't ask for any subscriptions during the actual film.

Subscribe in those situations merely means follow generally being informed when there is a new posting.    Most youtube films have a subscribe button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Subscribe in those situations merely means follow generally being informed when there is a new posting.    Most youtube films have a subscribe button.

Ah, so it's not a request for any form of payment. Good.

I must say that, despite her occasionally irritating speech mannerisms, I'm rather impressed by her. She and her boyfriend are just getting their heads down and getting on with the job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Athy said:

Ah, so it's not a request for any form of payment. Good.

I must say that, despite her occasionally irritating speech mannerisms, I'm rather impressed by her. She and her boyfriend are just getting their heads down and getting on with the job.

All she’s asking for is a follow which costs nothing. More respect then most other Vloggers, especially the other young couple(Boating Beyond) who had the problems last year with the leaking boat and over plating, who did nothing but moan and set up Patreon and Paypal accounts for donations and the Newbie Couple( Love Life Triumph) living at Mercia on a brand new boat who have also set up Patreon and Paypal giving accounts.
 She and her partner obviously have more self-respect then the two Vloggers above as to not ask for money and are just getting on with it. 
Good luck to them both.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Cheshire cat said:

Bearing in mind that they only had third party insurance I was wondering how much RCR charge to refloat a boat, or is it part of the rescue service?

 

 

3rd party insurance usually covers 'recovery' as the leaking of fuel and oil is damaging to 3rd parties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

 

3rd party insurance usually covers 'recovery' as the leaking of fuel and oil is damaging to 3rd parties.

In one of the earlier videos she said they were not covered and that was the sort of bill they were expecting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their attitude is commendable.

I'm puzzled about all the work they're undertaking while appearing to be tied up on the lock approach.

Have they an arrangement?

Is it secure?

Do they think a change of oil will be enough to fire it up and move on to their original destination?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Their attitude is commendable.

I'm puzzled about all the work they're undertaking while appearing to be tied up on the lock approach.

Have they an arrangement?

Is it secure?

Do they think a change of oil will be enough to fire it up and move on to their original destination?

 

Are they still on the same mooring, in an earlier video she said that once the boat was raised RCR would move it to a safe location

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Are they still on the same mooring, in an earlier video she said that once the boat was raised RCR would move it to a safe location

I would suggest moving the boat onto dryland :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Are they still on the same mooring, in an earlier video she said that once the boat was raised RCR would move it to a safe location

May be the mooring is classed as safe now as no flood risk? What I remember they were on moorings below the lock and not on the actual lock landing, so could be waiting till the 14 day rule comes back into force which may give them time to sort the engine out to move under their own steam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

May be the mooring is classed as safe now as no flood risk? What I remember they were on moorings below the lock and not on the actual lock landing, so could be waiting till the 14 day rule comes back into force which may give them time to sort the engine out to move under their own steam.

Its the Thames not C&RT waters.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its the Thames not C&RT waters.

 

What’s the ruling with moving on the Thames in lockdown?

  Have boats still got to move every 14 days as it’s not C&RT water as you say? Or is the rule suspended as on CaRT waters? 

  

Edited by PD1964
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.