Remember that boat which sank on the Thames?

Kendorr

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Well done them, a great step forwards, or perhaps upwards.

I hope they're comprehensively insured.

I don't think they were, but good luck to them. They don't seem dispirited. A bit deflated, but you'd expect that. 

7 minutes ago, Tonka said:

No mention of the Marchioness.

Which is what I thought this was about

That's correct. The Marchioness did indeed sink in the Thames some years earlier. It was a party boat, I think. This one has featured in our pages much more recently; from memory, it was moored below a lock at a time of flood and got swamped by the overflow from the lock.

31 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You know how some people just annoy you by their waffle? 

I found it really interesting to see how RCR actually raised the boat - a lot more interesting than watching someone waxing lyrical about a composting toilet ? 

haggis

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Athy said:

This one has featured in our pages much more recently; from memory, it was moored below a lock at a time of flood and got swamped by the overflow from the lock.

Yup.

Previous thread:

Boat was insured 3rd party only, which they admitted was a mistake. They have accepted they will bear the cost of refloating together with subsequent cleanup and refitting. They turned down the suggestion of crowdfunding.

And their attitude seems to have remained pretty positive too. I hope they succeed!

Edited by David Mack
  • Greenie 3

59 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Yup.

Previous thread:

Boat was insured 3rd party only, which they admitted was a mistake. They have accepted they will bear the cost of refloating together with subsequent cleanup and refitting. They turned down the suggestion of crowdfunding.

And their attitude seems to have remained pretty positive too. I hope they succeed!

Agreed 

An interesting looking boat, the exhaust and speed wheel + the engine. Anyone know anything about it.

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Agreed 

An interesting looking boat, the exhaust and speed wheel + the engine. Anyone know anything about it.

yes, it recently sank :D 

sorry, but couldn't resist such an open goal, i’m bored whilst waiting for the washing to finish.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Yes, but don't be so self-deprecating, Jo: many people enjoy your posts.

Grrrrrrrrr :)

14 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I expected the boat to be facing the other way, towards the lock, maybe the water turned it after sinking

I can't remember the exact details of the incident, but I got tbe impression they had moored their boat randomly , and just left it, I may be wrong.

Edited by LadyG

Iirc it was a classic case of newbys tying the boat inappropriately for the conditions and leaving it hence sinking when river levels alter drasticaly. At least they are not whinging and expecting others to pay for their cock ups so good luck to them.

• Greenie 2

34 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I can't remember the exact details of the incident, but I got tbe impression they had moored their boat randomly , and just left it, I may be wrong.

I have just looked back and they were hoping to get above the lock to moor she said in video 3

19 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

That’s where she gets my respect, she seams to be just getting on with it after her initial cock-up. No crowd funding or asking for Paypal donations.

This bucks the trend of the Newbie Boater Vloggers.
  The New Boater couple who make me laugh are the couple moored at Mercia on a residential mooring (£3800?) have just bought a new boat(£100K?) new car(£10K?) have a new drone(£1K) films with a iPhone promax(£1K+) Works full time and are always dressed in designer gear, yet they say they have a donations, Patreon and Paypal page for people to support them and give them money.

Why do they think people should give them money? These are the Vloggers/people that get no respect.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 4