Jump to content

Featured Posts

What make/model/series of boat would you recommend as one tied up at your river garden mooring (hardly ever any flow) for days trips (nice weather) with a very occaisional overnight stop. Max length 45 foot. Max beam 13 foot, air draft 6 foot 2 inches and draft 3 foot?

 

Preferred inboard. Veering away from the normal steel narrowboat or steel widebeam.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mark99 said:

What make/model/series of boat would you recommend as one tied up at your river garden mooring (hardly ever any flow) for days trips (nice weather) with a very occaisional overnight stop. Max length 45 foot. Max beam 13 foot, air draft 6 foot 2 inches and draft 3 foot?

 

Preferred inboard. Veering away from the normal steel narrowboat or steel widebeam.

 

 

 

Hampton Safari.

 

 

 

 

DSC00381.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

A day boat, used for out and back trips from a single location would be ideal to be electric. But you might have difficulty equalling the performance of the 4.0 litre 165hp straight 6 currently fitted to Majestic.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

 

Hampton Safari.

 

 

 

 

DSC00381.jpg

 

But no soul, unlike the first two suggestions!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Mack said:

A day boat, used for out and back trips from a single location would be ideal to be electric. But you might have difficulty equalling the performance of the 4.0 litre 165hp straight 6 currently fitted to Majestic.

 

But no soul, unlike the first two suggestions!

 

He didnt mention 'soul'.

 

They are however charming little boats. We loved it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mark99 said:

What make/model/series of boat would you recommend as one tied up at your river garden mooring (hardly ever any flow) for days trips (nice weather) with a very occaisional overnight stop. Max length 45 foot. Max beam 13 foot, air draft 6 foot 2 inches and draft 3 foot?

 

Preferred inboard. Veering away from the normal steel narrowboat or steel widebeam.

 

 

 

What's your budget? A family downstream from me have bought an intercruiser (https://www.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/intercruiser-28-cabin-for-sale/380165) which always looks quite elegant pootling up and down

 

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

 

He didnt mention 'soul'.

 

They are however charming little boats. We loved it.

Martin, its hideous.

If it was moored on your Thames moorings  the neighbor's would be coming round for months asking why it's still stuck there, has it broken down?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Martin, its hideous.

If it was moored on your Thames moorings  the neighbor's would be coming round for months asking why it's still stuck there, has it broken down?

 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I would wager somebody out there even finds you attractive.

 

Mark asked a question without stating parameters about aesthetics, looks or appearence.

 

Anyway what would you know about a boat suitable for a Thames garden mooring? You are more likely (like me) to be cutting the grass on it.

 

 

Edited by The Happy Nomad
Link to post
Share on other sites

Having spent quite a bit of time on the Thames, on various boats including mine, I would say the discerning Thames landowner with mooring would veer between the 1st 2 posts on here and massive gin palaces, with a quirky historic and modern in between.

Yours would be at the hire base where it should be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Having spent quite a bit of time on the Thames, on various boats including mine, I would say the discerning Thames landowner with mooring would veer between the 1st 2 posts on here and massive gin palaces, with a quirky historic and modern in between.

Yours would be at the hire base where it should be.

 

So like I said cutting the grass or rather cruising past hoping you could.

 

I wasnt aware the forum had elevated itself to the sole domain of the 'discerning Thames landowner'

 

Get a grip man.

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

 

 

You best check with @matty40s to see if that passes the 'discerning Thames Landowner test', but to me it looks like a tdy little boat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

 

So like I said cutting the grass or rather cruising past hoping you could.

 

I wasnt aware the forum had elevated itself to the sole domain of the 'discerning Thames landowner'

 

Get a grip man.

 

 

You best check with @matty40s to see if that passes the 'discerning Thames Landowner test', but to me it looks like a tdy little boat.

Its already on the Thames

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

 

 

I wasnt aware the forum had elevated itself to the sole domain of the 'discerning Thames landowner'

Mark asked a question, I have my opinion on your choice.

 

Get a grip man.

Never lost it Martin

 

You best check with @matty40s to see if that passes the 'discerning Thames Landowner test', but to me it looks like a tdy little boat.

Tidy, but probably wouldnt suit Mark's search.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matty40s said:

 

 

Oops.

 

Struggling with the new software Matty?

 

The convention, if you wish to respond to a specific bit of somebodies post is to remove the extraneous bits, not respond within their actual post.

 

Otherwise when somebody responds and quotes, it ends up blank.

Edited by The Happy Nomad
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seamaster 27 or Elysian 27 aft cockpit. Getting long in the tooth so should be a fair price but built like a brick built proverbial. Proper river cruisers and capable of a bit of estuary work if required.

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Seamaster 27 or Elysian 27 aft cockpit. Getting long in the tooth so should be a fair price but built like a brick built proverbial. Proper river cruisers and capable of a bit of estuary work if required.

 

Seen those. Might just be too much air draft there?. 6' 2 needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mark99 said:

 

Seen those. Might just be too much air draft there?. 6' 2 needed.

 

They will go under Osney bridge but I would fold the screen down for that.

 

A quick google suggest the screen down air draft of the Seamaster is 6ft 3in but that probably alter according to fuel loan and engine/gearbox fitted. Seems they will go under Potter Higham bridge (with pilot) and Wroxham (without pilot).

 

Seems the Elysians/Meakes Maderias have a slightly lower air draft.

Edited by Tony Brooks
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Try one of these, comes with a well stocked fridge too.

 

That's why if you are trying to Transit a Ford you shouldn't drive a Mercedes ...

 

They did rescue him eventually though:

 

https://news.sky.com/story/supermarket-delivery-driver-rescued-from-top-of-van-stuck-in-swollen-durham-river-12193445

 

 

  • Greenie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.