unlimited broadband

haza

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

When you say, "which one.....", you obviously mean you and Mrs. Athy, and not, "people in general".

You may, or may not, be in the minority these days, but there are lots, possibly most, who want phone, internet, TV, on their boats, whether they live on them, or not. I struggle with the concept of "escaping from.....", particularly wrt modern day technology.

I don't go boating to escape from anything, I go to add to my life, rather than subtract from it.

Most eloquently argued, though in fact I think that at least in part you're agreeing with me but using different terminology. You could say that one used "one" in that sense, yes.

The aspect of boaters which I appreciate the most is that they're all different.

12 hours ago, haza said:

hi ever one ,does any one have unlimited broadband ,i have the yellow dongle with  ee at the moment,  and over the years had a few hiccups but over all not to bad .but ee dont do unlimited at moment .i have been in contact with .three .but i am having a problem buying unlimited off three .as they seem to having a problem with my address ,and i have to wait for there shop to open ,so i can get fixed up ...what are guys and girls using or recommend  thanks stay safe 

EE have plans up to 1000Gb per month, which is pretty much unlimited, although expensive at £70. They have a 100Gb deal for about £35 a month including a dongle of some kind.

I had a Three deal with a limit of 100Gb per month for £30 and, despite watching loads of video, Sky TV including sports and movies, I could never use more than about 50Gb per month, so 100Gb was pretty much unlimited - for me.

I now have an unlimited everything sim from Virgin Media, but it is part of our TV and Broadband deal, so not available to everyone. It's in the router provided by Three.

Why do you need to go to a Three shop to get the router? You could ask them to send you the SIM, unlock your EE dongle, and away you go. In addition, if they could post you a sim, what stops them posting you a router?

33 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I got a better one on my mobile three years ago, sim-only: £8/month unlimited everything. 

Why don't you just use that for all of your data needs ....unless it isn't a smart phone and able to tether/hotspot?

I'm assuming these replies are for a data/phone sim for a liveaboard boater, which I had thought the op was asking for.

13 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

EE have plans up to 1000Gb per month, which is pretty much unlimited, although expensive at £70. They have a 100Gb deal for about £35 a month including a dongle of some kind.

I had a Three deal with a limit of 100Gb per month for £30 and, despite watching loads of video, Sky TV including sports and movies, I could never use more than about 50Gb per month, so 100Gb was pretty much unlimited - for me.

I now have an unlimited everything sim from Virgin Media, but it is part of our TV and Broadband deal, so not available to everyone. It's in the router provided by Three.

Why do you need to go to a Three shop to get the router? You could ask them to send you the SIM, unlock your EE dongle, and away you go. In addition, if they could post you a sim, what stops them posting you a router?

EE do have unlimited plans, you just have to get to them via EE sales directly, any of the staff can generate a deal over the phone and especially if they are in danger of losing a customer. 

Haza, ring 150 tell them what you want, they will eventually give you unlimited everything if you have been a customer for long enough.  'Long enough' likely being the clincher, but its worth trying before changing to Three, and further loyalty down the line pays off, in my opinion. 

Edited by Chagall
further information

Three has the best coverage across the canal network. Its about £20/month for unlimited. Three have terrible customer service and a difficult to navigate website but hopefully once its up and running you should not need to contact them.

I did feel that ours slowed down a bit when we moved from 40GByte to unlimited but its hard to be sure as this was just before the virus and all this working from home stuff has likely increased the load on the networks.

................Dave

3 minutes ago, dmr said:

Three has the best coverage across the canal network. Its about £20/month for unlimited. Three have terrible customer service and a difficult to navigate website but hopefully once its up and running you should not need to contact them.

I did feel that ours slowed down a bit when we moved from 40GByte to unlimited but its hard to be sure as this was just before the virus and all this working from home stuff has likely increased the load on the networks.

................Dave

When I researched all the different quotes I could not find a definitive answer on Three's web site if the plan deals included vat. I suspected not and is why I stayed with EE for only £3 more, and especially as I didn't want to tie into a 24 month contract with a new, to me at least, company.  I binned the phone contract at the same time and saved £8 by doing that.  

7 minutes ago, Chagall said:

When I researched all the different quotes I could not find a definitive answer on Three's web site if the plan deals included vat. I suspected not and is why I stayed with EE for only £3 more, and especially as I didn't want to tie into a 24 month contract with a new, to me at least, company.  I binned the phone contract at the same time and saved £8 by doing that.  

I do wonder if the Three website is deliberately lacking in easy to find prices. You might get a better deal by phoning them.

................Dave

32 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Why don't you just use that for all of your data needs ....unless it isn't a smart phone and able to tether/hotspot?

Because the router deal supplies our business needs on a farm and the phone is for when I’m out and about. 

2 minutes ago, dmr said:

I do wonder if the Three website is deliberately lacking in easy to find prices. You might get a better deal by phoning them.

That’s certainly been my experience. 

13 minutes ago, Chagall said:

When I researched all the different quotes I could not find a definitive answer on Three's web site if the plan deals included vat.

They’re dealing with consumers. So yes, all prices include VAT. 

20 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Better still, by a Huawei B525 for about £120 and go sim only from day 1

I quite agree but I thought they had already signed up.

The reason for needing to go into the shop is its a Home Broadband system, and if you live where I do they wont sell you one on line because the signal is not good enough. The SIM unlimited on a24 month contact is £11 a month for the first 6 months and then £22 for the next 18 months

31 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Because the router deal supplies our business needs on a farm and the phone is for when I’m out and about. 

That’s certainly been my experience. 

They’re dealing with consumers. So yes, all prices include VAT. 

I suspect Three are a bit naughty with that one.

............Dave

4 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Where do I start:

Premium charging for a capped sub-standard service.

Advertise rates tens of pounds cheaper than existing customers pay but only for new customers.

Incapable of understanding what "an intermittent fault" means

Charging customers when they have done no work or rectified the faults - note that same fault on more than one occasion caused by their time expired local copper network.

Help desk who cut you off if you try to explain why you know they are lying.

Help desk in a far off places staffed by people you can't understand.

help desk staff who can only read from a  script.

Refusal to communicate by ordinary email or reply by letter to letters

And then when I finally had had enough and switched had the gall to call me and ask why and what they could do to keep me. They did not take kindly to be told employ help desk staff who speak English with a UK accent, employ competent technical help desk staff, stop help desk staff lying, and give existing customers the same deal as they advertise for new users on TV.

Yes a hateful company but as all the above ensures your dividends are kept high I can see why you approve of them

I new my contract was out and they said my discount had ended, but nowhere can I find what they plan to charge me if I stay. So I have just changed to Plusnet, same company be cheaper. (I think)

Edited by ditchcrawler

We signed up with 3 in mid March for two years, then found out that we could not get a new motor(water ingress during storms in early 2020) until the end of May so had to return to Australia on the 7th of April and now our government has closed our borders. Paying £28 per month and can't  use what for three weeks was a very good service. Ah another one for the stiff s#@t book!???

You never know we may be allowed out in time for us to return in July.??????

2 minutes ago, dmr said:

I suspect Three are a bit naughty with that one.

Really?

See here... http://www.three.co.uk/termspdf/702125_1_Sim_Price_Guide_v4.pdf

Note that at the bottom of all the pages that quote prices it reads

All prices include VAT.

First link I found at random.

1 minute ago, harleyj said:

We signed up with 3 in mid March for two years, then found out that we could not get a new motor(water ingress during storms in early 2020) until the end of May so had to return to Australia on the 7th of April and now our government has closed our borders. Paying £28 per month and can't  use what for three weeks was a very good service. Ah another one for the stiff s#@t book!???

You never know we may be allowed out in time for us to return in July.??????

Can you sell it to someone in the UK for a discount one off payment

11 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Can you sell it to someone in the UK for a discount one off payment

We are hoping to come back if not this year then March next year.

We also paid £95 to get to watch AFL(Australian football) while we were supposed to be in the UK for six months. One game we watched before the season was postponed and now we are back home we can watch most games for free.

Another one for the stiff s#@t book!

20 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Really?

See here... http://www.three.co.uk/termspdf/702125_1_Sim_Price_Guide_v4.pdf

Note that at the bottom of all the pages that quote prices it reads

First link I found at random.

That particular pdf reads "Each individual charge on your bill is shown with VAT included"   it doesn't say anywhere, that I could see, that the plans quoted on the web site, as outlined in post number 84 by ditchcrawler, include vat. I'd spent enough time trying to get that fact proved so went with EE where I knew it was included and they gave me loyalty discounts. 

...and on the pages where it outlines all the individual charges it reads "All prices include VAT where applicable. Calls, message and data used outside of the EU are not subject to UK VAT, except Monaco and Isle of Man."  and so is not neccesarily about plan quotes.

Also on the pricing page you linked it doesn't show the 24month option of unlimited everything for £22 a month.

I can only see unlimited everything for one month is priced at £28 or for twelve months is £25 

Edited by Chagall
spelling

6 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Also on that pricing page you linked it doesn't show the 24month option of unlimited everything for £22 a month.

I can only see unlimted everything for one month is at £28 or for twelve months is £25 

I've just gone to the Three website, and the first deal which came up is SIM only, 24 month contract, unlimited data, calls and texts, no restrictions on tethering, £11 per month for 6 months then £22 per month.

I'm currently 18 months into a 24 month unlimited contract at £18 per month, which I got in a Three shop, discounted from £20/month as an existing customer (my daughters' phones are in my name). 

18 minutes ago, harleyj said:

We are hoping to come back if not this year then March next year.

We also paid £95 to get to watch AFL(Australian football) while we were supposed to be in the UK for six months. One game we watched before the season was postponed and now we are back home we can watch most games for free.

Another one for the stiff s#@t book!

I think that falls firmly into the category of "shit happens". You could, of course, explain your situation to the '3' company and ask for some money back. 

When all is said and done, £95 doesn't sound much in comparison with the price of a round trip ticket for two from down under.

19 minutes ago, Chagall said:

it doesn't say anywhere, that I could see, that the plans quoted on the web site, as outlined in post number 84 by ditchcrawler, include vat.

If they say on the site that all prices include VAT, then they do. If they try to suggest otherwise it's a matter for OFCOM, if not the ASA.

5 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I've just gone to the Three website, and the first deal which came up is SIM only, 24 month contract, unlimited data, calls and texts, no restrictions on tethering, £11 per month for 6 months then £22 per month.

I'm currently 18 months into a 24 month unlimited contract at £18 per month, which I got in a Three shop, discounted from £20/month as an existing customer (my daughters' phones are in my name). 

Yes, my reply was to wotever who provided a pdf which seemed to say vat is included in the web site deals and actually it doesn't confirm that, and the deal you and others have found on Three's web site isn't shown in wotevers linked pdf file. 

Its quite likely the web deal does include vat but it doesn't actually say it does. Im not nit picking or  scoring points, just pointing out that I couldn't prove that and as it was a two year contract I did not want to find out later and be stuck with it. 

14 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Yup, and all those prices are exactly the same when you receive your bill, and they include VAT. 

11 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Its quite likely the web deal does include vat but it doesn't actually say it does. Im not nit picking or  scoring points, just pointing out that I couldn't prove that and as it was a two year contract I did not want to find out later and be stuck with it.

Yes they do include VAT, because they’re dealing with consumers. Business plans are exclusive of VAT because that’s what businesses prefer. 

A 2 minute call to Three would have confirmed this to you at the time. 

And the call is free to boot. 

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

And could have taken up to an hour on hold first ...

(Yes, I'm a Three unlimited customer too!)

Actually, if you’re a new customer and you contact Sales you get through double-quick. It’s only us existing customers who have to wait half a morning... ;)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Actually, if you’re a new customer and you contact Sales you get through double-quick. It’s only us existing customers who have to wait half a morning... ;)

for existing customers just pick the option that you are thinking of leaving, that gets answered quick.  Then ask the nice man in Bangalore for more stuff for less money, and he will usually agree and thank you for “upgrading”.  They do of course lock you in for another contract period, but I don’t mind that as Three has worked well for me.

• Greenie 1

47 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

If they say on the site that all prices include VAT, then they do. If they try to suggest otherwise it's a matter for OFCOM, if not the ASA.

Yes, once again it doesn't read on Three's web site plans that VAT is included.

In separate pdfs and in the usual small print at the end it reads "Each individual charge on your bill is shown with VAT included"  and also gives all the individual charges as vat included.

Not anywhere does it read in the enticing Web Site plan quotes that vat is included in the quote. It quite likely is but not good enough for me to assume and thus commit to 24 months. 

38 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Yup, and all those prices are exactly the same when you receive your bill, and they include VAT. 

Then for your sake, and others, I'm happy it proves to be so.

28 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Yes they do include VAT, because they’re dealing with consumers. Business plans are exclusive of VAT because that’s what businesses prefer. 

A 2 minute call to Three would have confirmed this to you at the time. 

And the call is free to boot. 

At any other time than during a pandemic I might have persevered to get through to the appalling service!  I chose to stay with EE as a certainty and only 12 months. 

Edited by Chagall
I wasn't wrong so I edited!