Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, matty40s said:

At least 2 on the Hanwell flight can still be operated....one with a triple sidepond.

I haven't been to Hanwell Locks since the mid 80's. Don't recall seeing them working then, but it was a long time ago. ?

2 hours ago, PeterScott said:

On this day in 1973

L00245.jpg.5334b3ac3c5a4d9a07ffa36737d966c0.jpg

Hatton flight, GU nbCrane

Reminds me of my very first canal holiday on a UCC camping boat in July 1973. Did the Warwickshire Ring starting at Braunston and went past the house I now live in 2 years before it was built.

56 minutes ago, DandV said:

Those 1970's mens hairstyles, or rather complete lack of style, are distinctive. Can't see that fashion returning

Yes, 45 years have had an effect on John's hairstyle. Beer seems to have cheered him up a bit.

Henbest2.jpg.1bb5cee363f924cd3eef59e0dd33ca4a.jpg

He taught me to steer, so has a lot to answer for

Edited by PeterScott
re beer
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, buccaneer66 said:

You don't fancy the Peter Wyngarde look then?

Me and my mates were all busy tucking our shirt sleeves back inside our jackets once his escapades hit the news ?

If there were eight cans in each layer, and the second layer had cans each resting between two cans of the layer below (forming triangles as we look at them, with the right-end one resting on the edge of the box), would you have enough height for a tenth layer to make eighty cans instead of the 78 in their now?

Just asking.

Edited by PeterScott
  • Happy 1

On this day in 2008

L1431_20080416_0033.JPG.dead146e1c7bc8855690771a4b95739b.JPG

Continuing a theme of Middlewich Narrowboats hireboats, Damson came from IML when they stopped hiring. Cruiser stern; we took her breased to Maple both ways on the tidal Trent to Sheffield in 1991