It is extraordinary to see someone dedicate so much time attempting to reverse-engineer semantic loopholes in established safety legislation. If you put that same energy into actually advocating for safe gas installations, it would be a far better use of your time. Attempting to strengthen your argument with hearsay and personal insults shows poor character and doesn't win a technical debate. I am always happy to discuss engineering facts, but I won't be drawn into a pointless trail of gossip about who said what. The reputation I actually maintain is for debunking myths, countering dangerous advice, and sticking strictly to the safest installation practices. If that means I am also known for condemning dangerous gas work that negligent installers have previously waved through, I wear that as a badge of honour. I would much rather inconvenience someone to keep them safe than sign off non-compliant installations just to get paid quickly and move on to the next job. While I am happy to continue the technical discussion, I am not prepared to respond to personal insults any further. If you think your argument is legally sound, you shouldn't need them anyway. The fundamental flaw in your argument is the belief that a gas installer has the legal authority to overrule an appliance manufacturer. Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 (GSIUR), Regulation 26(9), they do not. Gas Safe engineers are legally bound to follow the Manufacturer’s Instructions (MIs). If a manufacturer has not explicitly certified a domestic appliance for use in a marine environment (incl. Inland Waterways), an engineer cannot simply "use their judgment" to install it anyway. Any registered engineer who "judges" it acceptable to install an appliance outside of the manufacturer's explicitly stated scope of use takes on the manufacturer's strict legal liability. Neither Gas Safe nor the HSE entertains "installer judgment" as a defence for bypassing manufacturer instructions. We strictly follow the legislation as written—not to inconvenience anyone, but because established safety laws are there for one reason: to keep people safe.