Diesel heating 5kw new for £163

bigcol

Featured Posts

I’ve messaged them also to suggest they take away the Planar from the title

also re the tank fuel for air heater  or tank water for water heater

£75 just for the container!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10L-HEADER-TANK-FOR-EBERSPACHER-WEBASTO-DIESEL-WATER-HEATER/111623692098?hash=item19fd4a5f42:g:zB4AAOSwQItT5MU6

col

2 hours ago, WotEver said:

Yep, there are dozens of them. Dunno if Ebay will bother taking them down, it’ll be interesting to see. 

Not in their interest to, its all cash to them. If they were jointly responsible for the goods as banks are when bought with a credit card they would all have been changed or taken down by now.

9 hours ago, reg said:

I notice on Fri 2nd Feb 2018 that the original link has now been changed so that it does not refer to PLANAR, well done. Hope you get things sorted out to your satisfaction. 

ETA 

Just checked and found many other sellers using the same ad blurb to sell them as PLANAR heaters, looks like someone is just supplying multiple sellers with template advertisment blurb. Dealing with that is more ebays battle than yours though.

More a case of a seller with multiple user names. Fairly common with chinese sellers on ebay and other sites.

10 hours ago, WotEver said:

Yep, there are dozens of them. Dunno if Ebay will bother taking them down, it’ll be interesting to see. 

7 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not in their interest to, its all cash to them. If they were jointly responsible for the goods as banks are when bought with a credit card they would all have been changed or taken down by now.

They are very keen on removing fakes from eBay, but only if the actual rights holders contact them.  They call it their VERO programme, and get vicious fast with noncompliant sellers.

We had to deal with counterfeits of our stuff a few years ago, and it took them about 3 hours to remove all listings and suspend seller acounts once we worked through the verification stuff.

Amazon likewise.  There are now flags on some of our products on Amazon that prevent anyone in the world selling them if they can not prove they bought them from us, and Amazon do check!

So far the sellers kept asking me to send videos of fault, send me installation details by email in English for a fault that isn’t their.

im wanting to return item as it isn’t as described being a Planar that’s all.

they have said I can return it but it will cost a fortune £80 ish by Royal Mail.but don’t think they want to pay the cost.

although eBay think their going to send me a returns label their not

so below is a reply from my self, and the sellers

regards me getting the money back I imagine I would sell this on eBay?

no one on the forum had made a genuine offer, so maybe it be one of those things that sit in a corner of the shed

New message to: fzeroinestore

Thankyou for your recent message as below
New message from: fzeroinestore Top Rated Seller(1,056,482)
how about we refund 60GBP to you? You can keep it.

But it’s not what I wanted, I did try to cancel but you still sent it.
Yes I want a heater for my boat, but a Planar heater.

If I accepted your offer, I would have a heater I will not use and still £120 out of pocket.

I will accept a part £100 refund and I will simply use it in the garage
Or please send a returns label.

I do apologise for this situation we find ourselves in, I am genuine and appreciate that there’s going to be a loss of money, but I genuinely wanted a Planar as there’s a distributor close to us for servicing.

I really humbly apologise

Yours faithfully

how about we refund 60GBP to you? You can keep it.

YOU:

I’m so so confused 
I ) I tried to cancel this order, finding out it was not authentic, but you said it had already been despatched
2) when received it found out my suspicions was true messaged you requesting a return you answered that I should send a video of the fault.
3) then you sent a message that I can return it
4) I’ve waited for returns label nothing
5) now I got the message below from you

New message from: fzeroinestore Top Rated Seller(1,054,967)
We can't accept the return postage.can you please send video to us to show the problem? We have sent the manual to your email,can you please check it and try again?

So I’m confused for me to send this to you is going to cost £80 plus I’ve had quotes
And this is why I’ve requesting a returns label.
Your not going to pay for this return are you.

Kindest regards colin

Big Col, I have just experienced the ebay returns procedure with a seller who sent me a faulty item and would not pay the postage to return it and no guarantee they would refund the cost of purchase. I clicked on the tab that tells ebay I wanted to return the item and then on the tab that asked them to step in to deal with the seller direct.  ebay investigated and ruled in my favour and I could then click on the tab that printed out a return label so it cost me nothing to return. The seller had no say in the matter.  If he wants to continue selling on ebay (in any of his names) he has to let them take the cost from his ebay account.   It worked for me.  I have been with ebay buying and selling for ten years and have to say they have never let me down.  

Good Luck

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, canalboat said:

Big Col, I have just experienced the ebay returns procedure with a seller who sent me a faulty item and would not pay the postage to return it and no guarantee they would refund the cost of purchase. I clicked on the tab that tells ebay I wanted to return the item and then on the tab that asked them to step in to deal with the seller direct.  ebay investigated and ruled in my favour and I could then click on the tab that printed out a return label so it cost me nothing to return. The seller had no say in the matter.  If he wants to continue selling on ebay (in any of his names) he has to let them take the cost from his ebay account.   It worked for me.  I have been with ebay buying and selling for ten years and have to say they have never let me down.  

Good Luck

Totally agree with you.

buying from eBay, and paying anything via PayPal is totally safe.

i hope have been told the name Planar has been dropped from their listing now.

to be fair £60 part refund is a good offer, but will see it to the end.

i have suggested a £100 part refund as a end to it, and I must be able to get my money back on it.

but yes I agree with you, and hope that the seller realises his only mistake, by putting Planar in the description.

col

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm not sure why you are humbly apologising. You've done nothing to apologise for. 

I do feel sorry for them, yes they made a mistake by putting Planar in the description

but at the time we was in two minds if it was genuine or not. The forum including yourself felt it was Not Authentic.

and they are going to lose money for it.

11 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm not sure why you are humbly apologising. You've done nothing to apologise for. 

Really agree - perhaps there is a risk of being too nice. I think Ebay have access to dispute correspondence and there should be no suggestion that you have done anything wrong. The heater was advertised as Planar - not a Planar type heater - so it was mis-selling and the fact that they have now removed Planar from the listing backs that up. Hang on in there.

I do not consider £60 a good offer as you have no idea as to it's safety.  As English is not the seller's first language I would simply email to state -

"the item is counterfeit and I want a full refund.  I will make the item available for collection, or if they send you a returns label free of charge I will return it.  If you (the seller) do not want it back I will scrap it at no charge you (to the seller). 

Just now, Chewbacka said:

I do not consider £60 a good offer as you have no idea as to it's safety.  As English is not the seller's first language I would simply email to state -

"the item is counterfeit and I want a full refund.  I will make the item available for collection, or if they send you a returns label free of charge I will return it.  If you (the seller) do not want it back I will scrap it at no charge you (to the seller). 

Yep just what I want to write, but will copy your post.

nice quick short and to the point

thankyou

31 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

If you decide to sell it go on Facebook and join Van build/motorhome groups, good chance of a buyer there. Loads of people out there building campers and they all moan about Propex/Webasto etc being so expensive.

I would be careful of selling an item you know to be counterfeit - it is a copy.  Also you as the supplier could have some responsibility for it's safety depending upon how you advertise it.

38 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

If you decide to sell it go on Facebook and join Van build/motorhome groups, good chance of a buyer there. Loads of people out there building campers and they all moan about Propex/Webasto etc being so expensive.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146837062640024/   This group is for Chinese diesel vehicle air heaters, discussion, help, parts and sales. Maybe of some interest to you.

14 minutes ago, bigcol said:

If I do put it on eBay I will just say brand new diesel heater for boat camper van motor home

no returns

What happens if it go’s for a lot more!!!

Out of interest i just joined the Facebook group for these, several people asking if any for sale in UK, lots of reports about non deliveries/cancelled orders etc.

Also a comment about using them in boats, apparently they are not type approved so no certificate issued on them, that makes it a BSS failure, thats why Webasto and the rest are more expensive. I am pretty sure you would sell this on that site easy, main reason is you have it here ready to post.

"The item is counterfeit and I want a full refund.  I will make the item available for collection, or if you send me a returns label free of charge I will return it.  If you do not want it back I will scrap it at no charge you, I will be very grateful for your help to resolve this.

Chinese translation :

Tệplàgiảvàtôimuốnhoàntrảđầyđủ. Wǒ huì bǎ zhège wùpǐn shōucáng qǐlái, huòzhě rúguǒ nǐ jì gěi wǒ yīgè miǎnfèi de biāoqiān, wǒ huì tuìhuán gěi nǐ. Rúguǒ nǐ bùxiǎng yào tā, wǒ huì miǎnfèi de, wǒ jiāng fēicháng gǎnxiè nǐ de bāngzhù lái jiějué zhège wèntí

Over the years I have had a few problems with Chinese Ebay sellers ( only a small percentage) and have found that 'talking to them in English' just gets the standard "send pictures". If you actually send the complaint in English with Chinese below I normally get a reasonably satisfactory answer within 24 hours.

Be humble and apologetic, the Asians cannot bear to lose 'face' and if you accept that, it becomes easier to deal with them.

There are a number of good books about trading across cultures.

28 minutes ago, WotEver said:

You say thank you and then consider going into the import business ;)

Yes I think they would find it highly amusing if having rejected their first item as a fake, you went on to buy ten more of them lol. 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
clarity

34 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

Out of interest i just joined the Facebook group for these, several people asking if any for sale in UK, lots of reports about non deliveries/cancelled orders etc.

Also a comment about using them in boats, apparently they are not type approved so no certificate issued on them, that makes it a BSS failure, thats why Webasto and the rest are more expensive. I am pretty sure you would sell this on that site easy, main reason is you have it here ready to post.

Are you sure? RCD non-compliant almost certainly. Potential interesting insurance implications, yes. BSS failure I very much doubt it otherwise the majority of gas fridges, gas water heaters etc would result in failures.,

18 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Are you sure? RCD non-compliant almost certainly. Potential interesting insurance implications, yes. BSS failure I very much doubt it otherwise the majority of gas fridges, gas water heaters etc would result in failures.,

FB group says that diesel heaters should be CE marked, Webasto and other common ones have this, the Chinese ones are not CE marked or have any Type approval. Seems people are happy to put them in self build camper vans where no regulation is needed. I guess an observant BSS examiner would fail one if spotted in a boat, happy to be corrected if i am wrong.

9 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

FB group says that diesel heaters should be CE marked, Webasto and other common ones have this, the Chinese ones are not CE marked or have any Type approval.

Yes fitting CE marked products is sensible, but not mandatory for BSS AIUI.

This was discussed in depth here recently and I can't remember anyone coming up with anything in BSS that says CE marking or any other sort of type approval is mandatory. Can you cite the section please?

I suspect the FB posters you mention are confusing BSS with RCD. A common error.