Recommended SIMPLE washing machine

jenevers

Featured Posts

If your after a small one the Candy has good reviews here.

Thanks.

My old one is a Candy (full size) and it's been great for 14 years. I'd like another so I'll check their range. Can't get the link from your message though.

Nothing (except a dolly tub & ponch) is much simpler than a twin-tub, which also has the benefit of using a fraction of both the water and electricity used by an 'automatic'.

Worthy of consideration ?

Errr ..............nope!?

Edited by swift1894

I think the older Candy's were fairly tolerant of the waveform Model AQ600 I think. This is no longer supplied and its replacement, the AQ1100 is more sensitive having electronic components.

The Zanussi compact machine uses basic rotary controls and runs fine off our PSW inverter. No idea how tolerant of gennies it is, though.

Ditto. Works fine off our Sterling inverter. Cold fill only, but we fill from HW tap via short hose. Saves oodles of battery power.

Not cheap but very good.

Martyn

I have a slime line Candy that is 2 & 1/2 years old, works just fine for me. 'im at the back insists that the engine is running when I do a load of washing, but it works just fine like I say, and will do up to a 7kilo load so all is good when it comes to washing his heavy work cloths and or the bedding.

I have a slime line Candy that is 2 & 1/2 years old, works just fine for me. 'im at the back insists that the engine is running when I do a load of washing, but it works just fine like I say, and will do up to a 7kilo load so all is good when it comes to washing his heavy work cloths and or the bedding.

Yes engine running it runs via pure sine wave inverter but with the frame genny on the inverter by pass kicks in and the w/ machine gets the modified wave or whatever comes from a cheap frame genny.

Edited by valrene9600

Our candy aqua 1000t will not run on our frame genny. That is with cold wash so no heater and it just stops and starts. Sometimes just sits idle for a long time.

Likewise. It has a meltdown if we try to run on the genny. Great on the PSW inverter.

This is as simple as they get and can be stored in the shower. Wash or rinse takes a max of 15 minutes and spin is 5 minutes. Fill with warm water from sink using bucket. Cheap at £94. see reviews on Amazon. Works very well and spin is very good. It#s very low power.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QHB2GW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is as simple as they get and can be stored in the shower. Wash or rinse takes a max of 15 minutes and spin is 5 minutes. Fill with warm water from sink using bucket. Cheap at £94. see reviews on Amazon. Works very well and spin is very good. It#s very low power.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QHB2GW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have met other boaters who rate these very highly.

Suggested in post No 3 and poo-pood by the OP

Certainly find our very useful - would certainly 'highly rate' it

The Zanussi compact machine uses basic rotary controls and runs fine off our PSW inverter. No idea how tolerant of gennies it is, though.

Which model is that? I have a Zanussi ZWC1300W which I sometimes run from a Honda EU30i. The generator is supposed to have a pure sinewave output but sometimes the washing machine hesitates for 20 minutes before it will start from the generator. Other times it starts straight away. I can live with it, but it's a real head scratcher...

Which model is that? I have a Zanussi ZWC1300W which I sometimes run from a Honda EU30i. The generator is supposed to have a pure sinewave output but sometimes the washing machine hesitates for 20 minutes before it will start from the generator. Other times it starts straight away. I can live with it, but it's a real head scratcher...

That's the one, looks like it's not the answer, then.

We have one of these, and it's the dog's bollocks, the bee's knees, the monkey's elbows! Can run from solar alone, and seems almost bulletproof given how our inverter is far from pure. Plus, when drained, weighs very little indeed.

Be sure to replace the supplied frain hose though. :D

We have one of these, and it's the dog's bollocks, the bee's knees, the monkey's elbows! Can run from solar alone, and seems almost bulletproof given how our inverter is far from pure. Plus, when drained, weighs very little indeed.

Be sure to replace the supplied frain hose though. biggrin.png

We use ours in the shower tray, filling from the shower head and using the shower tray pump to get rid of the waste water. Its a bit more fiddly than an automatic but why go to all the effort of heating water in the machine when we have gallons of piping hot waste water free from the engine? The spin is surprisingly effective.