Canal World window stickers - New Design needed.

DHutch

Featured Posts

We need something simple as others have said which at a glance identifies you as belonging to the forum

For example the cutweb sticker is immediately identifiable and it doesn't need to say anything. All we need is a logo which we can immediately identify as cwdf

Haggis

We need something simple as others have said which at a glance identifies you as belonging to the forum

For example the cutweb sticker is immediately identifiable and it doesn't need to say anything. All we need is a logo which we can immediately identify as cwdf

Haggis

Yep I agree..

I dunno what a QR is

hey guys. i was wondering if this some what rushed and low rez design would be any good ( its just a basic draft mind).

Mad paint skills!

post-26083-0-75423700-1466185760_thumb.png

its simple and should be resizeable if the rez is high enough.

the things that would need deciding on would be,

text colour- maybe use more than 1 colour for text such as "canalworld" in say red or another vibrant colour and have ".net" in white or a colour that compliments the other.

background colour - maybe have multiple options like "blue" and "transparent"

if www. is left on - there is no real need for it since you don't even need to use it in the search bar.

and the size of the sticker.

im sure there is more that i am not thinking about though.

Lawzy.

Edited by lawzy

I have made something up quickly if you have any ideas Dan and would like me to visualise them let me know as I run a small printing business would be happy to help.

efmplj.jpg

That's very good. a major improvement.

Being round and with white space to let it breathe (the dying pigeon that is ;) ) there is room for a member to scrawl their username on if the member wishes. or not and the design still looks good.

There is no need for the whole URL in my view. Anyone interested enough to investigate further is gonna google it, or guess it anyway.

I know it was explained before but what does the squiggle in the middle mean? we don't want something we need to keep explaining

Haggis

The squiggle in the middle is a bridge over a canal junction, not sure if it is the Paddington Arm or The Staffs & Worcs junction with the Trent & Mersey. Or Autherley Junction.

• 2013-02-16-023.jpg
    • 180205.jpg
      1024px-Autherley_Junction.jpg
Edited by Ray T

For advertising purposes it needs to be instantly recognisable what this is advertising, i.e. a FORUM for BOATERS.

Don't agree with this. It is canalworld so therefore covers canal enthusiasts as well as boaters.

Being round means that you'll get fewer out of a sheet of material. It could allow you to reuse an old tax disk holder which means they wouldn't need to be sticky. If they were square they could fit the cart licence holders...

I have made something up quickly if you have any ideas Dan and would like me to visualise them let me know as I run a small printing business would be happy to help.

efmplj.jpg

How about this....

We have a PORT side sticker and a STARBOARD side sticker

Boats always (well mostly always) pass each other on the port side, so the sticker above would identify you as being "in the club" to other members, while the sticker on the Starboard side could be more advertizing the site in general

A couple of thoughts.

First do people really want folk coming close enough to their window to scan a QR?

Second it must be my eyes all I can see is a bridge I haven't been able to see the dead pigeon or anything else!

Incidentally if the circular one was in favour the URL could go on the bottom half of the blue border.

IMHO the round one looks best but I question putting the word Member on it.

It makes it sound like you have to pay a subscription and why do we need to say we are members when you can't go and buy these stickers from anywhere but the forum.

I know others have said it but there is no question - the logo is quite clearly a sick pigeon! The greater the distance the moreso, and especially if colour reversed. I have had 100% bird ID on a 10ft glance test on the above stickers.

Quite funny but adding nothing and its ambivalence undermines any other communication - e.g. assumption is made the forum is something to do with birdlife campaigning based on fleeting glimpse, so 'not for me'

There is no need for the pointless logo or any of the excess unreadable words on such a passing glance sticker, they just get in the way of communication intention.

A simple high contrast confident blue/white roundel with the words CANALWORLD Discussion Forum (plus possibly) MEMBER is all that is required. If unable to resist put the web address but in fact even that is superfluous. The blue colour is instantly recognisable and has the clarity the bird logo lacks.

The purpose is to use members as the advert/ambassadors (or not depending on behaviour) - the sporting of such a badge indicating pride of belonging etc to other members and potential ones.

Anyone googling that will end up here in due course.

The purpose is to use members as the advert/ambassadors

Is it?

I thought the purpose was for members to spot each other.

As I said earlier, good design begins with drafting a statement defining the purpose of the design, or no-one will ever agree on the design itself.

I have had 100% bird ID on a 10ft glance test on the above stickers.

Can somebody please explain to me which bits of the logo are which parts of the bird. as I have been staring at it all ways up and all I see is a canal bridge.

Can somebody please explain to me which bits of the logo are which parts of the bird. as I have been staring at it all ways up and all I see is a canal bridge.

Its a side view of a pigeon or dove, with body language making it look rather unwell.

The sweep of the front bridge parapet forms the outline of its wing. The small bits of line representing the far bridge parapet (extreme left) represent its beak and head. The canal bank line in the foreground is its feet. The far canal bank merges with the bridge parapet line on the right to represent its tail.

Does this help?

post-62-0-66006100-1466237286.jpg

• Greenie 1