Back on the bank

Ange

Featured Posts

Well, what a great post, all the best for your new way of life.

smile.png

Thank you Laurie :) Can't make the BCN Challenge this year to share a beer with you but there will be future beers to share :)

Have to agree with Laurie , great post.

Thank you for the email Ange , I replied but the instant I pressed " send " everything went and vaporized , including your original email ....I have no explanation as to why ....

The good news is I received your great photo of your boat , which now resides on my desk top.

Best of luck to you , thanks for sharing.

Have to agree with Laurie , great post.

Thank you for the email Ange , I replied but the instant I pressed " send " everything went and vaporized , including your original email ....I have no explanation as to why ....

The good news is I received your great photo of your boat , which now resides on my desk top.

Best of luck to you , thanks for sharing.

Thank you :)

I know I waffled a tad in my e mail - it's lovely that a moment of our amazing experience captured by a dear friend is on your desktop.

Anyways - not seen any updates from you recently matey - time to update your thread? :)

Thank you for the email Ange , I replied but the instant I pressed " send " everything went and vaporized , including your original email ....I have no explanation as to why ..

Tis dark magic my friend - just enjoy it when it works cheers.gif

Loved your thread Ange, but the downside was realising that given my age (70) and Chris's health issues it may soon be our turn, but.........reading your post made me realise that it's not necessarily the end, so I perked up and now am looking forward to whatever presents itself.

Phil

Ange, Dave, thank you for sharing your experiences. Life has a knack of getting in the way at times with the plans we have. I know it's a clichéd old saying but, "When one door closes, another opens".

Glad you are not leaving the forum, you would have been missed. wub.png

After various times in my life when plans went awry I adopted the slogan "Don't make plans any more, have dreams instead.

May you dreams be in glorious technicolor.

Best wishes

Judith & Ray

Edited by Ray T

Lovely post..thank you for sharing.

Our pathway through life rarely smooth but we cope as best as we can...decisions made are ours to make based on our life events. You have those years on your boat to look back on and the future to look forward to..enjoy wherever your route now takes you.

Patty.

Thanks for sharing this Ange, it probably wasn't an easy decision to make.

We met briefly at last year's Bluebell banter.

Have a greenie for your excellent post. Stoke isn't too far from us, so if you need a boating fix, drop us a PM and we will take you out on DQ for a day.

Ange, Dave, thank you for sharing your experiences. Life has a knack of getting in the way at times with the plans we have. I know it's a clichéd old saying but, "When one door closes, another opens".

Glad you are not leaving the forum, you would have been missed. wub.png

After various times in my life when plans went awry I adopted the slogan "Don't make plans any more, have dreams instead.

May you dreams be in glorious technicolor.

Best wishes

Judith & Ray

What Ray said ^^

It was a lovely post Ange, and I do wish you all the best with the campervan - Dave & I enjoyed many years "glamping" in camping POD's before moving onto the boat

Enjoy the next chapter in your lives

B~

Look at it this way, Ange has dome what a lot of folk ream of and dare to do, jack in the bank side life and travel while they can, i was given a health issue a few years back and i intend to similar while i can.

All best to you with your new life on land, at least you can still get out and about so keep making what you can of life.

xxxxx

Thanks folks - what a lovely bunch of replies. And thank you for the boating offers - we know who to call on when we need a fix (and I'm sure we will!)

Dave & I are by nature optimists - I really do think that makes it easier to deal with set backs in life.

So who's going to organise the next banter then? I feel the need for a group hug hug.gif

Thanks folks - what a lovely bunch of replies. And thank you for the boating offers - we know who to call on when we need a fix (and I'm sure we will!)

Dave & I are by nature optimists - I really do think that makes it easier to deal with set backs in life.

So who's going to organise the next banter then? I feel the need for a group hug hug.gif

Good idea,i can arrange a boat painting party, and filling and fibre glassing......hell why not push the boat out and a fit out party :) ( not exactly a push the boat out as it will sink at the minute )

Good idea,i can arrange a boat painting party, and filling and fibre glassing......hell why not push the boat out and a fit out party :) ( not exactly a push the boat out as it will sink at the minute )

Tee hee ever the opportunist :cheers:

Sad to see you leaving Iona and living on the bank again. So you will be well placed to organise a banter in Stoke, maybe the Christmas onr could be there rather than Loughborough.

You will be welcome on board Tyto anytime. Hopefully we will be passing through Stoke later in the year so will be in touch.

All the best

Margaret and Richard