Stolen Boat is this genuine?

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

I have never seen anything like this on ebay before. Or anywhere else come to that.

As you say 'very inventive'.

I suppose if you are buying a boat you might look on ebay.

Technically in a legal sense, is the boat actually for sale?

and if so would it be yours - if you can find it.

Intriguing.

Sure ebay will pull it soon.....

Just in case

$_57.JPG

THIS BOAT WAS STOLEN FROM THE RIVER NENE IN THRAPSTON WHERE IT HAS BEEN SINCE DECEMBER 2015 DUE TO ENGINE PROBLEM WAS SEEN TAKEN BY A WHITE MALE AROUND THURSDAY BEFORE EASTER BANK HOLIDAY HEADING THROUGH RIVER NENE TOWARDS STANGROUND PETERBOROUGH OR AROUND THERE. WITH AN OUTBOARD ENGINE IT MAY HAVE BEEN PAINTED BY NOW THE DOOR IN THE FRONT WAS A CHIP PLYWOOD NOT PAINTED ONE WINDOW BROKENBOROUGH AS SEEN IN THE PICTURES WITH A PLASTIC BAG COVING IT PLEASE CALL THE POLICE ON 999 OR 101 HELP HELP HELP.

Richard

Yes, once they realise they can't collect their commission smile.png

Well actually, eBay will get their commission if somebody actually buys it and pays for it - thro' eBay - by PayPal for instance.

The tricky bit will arise if somebody puts in a winning bid - and the seller reneges on the deal.

Unless the boat is for actual sale - in which case the buyer has to find it.

I've put it on my 'Watch' list.

It was there for ages, several posts on Friends of The Nene Facebook group about this boat, including one chap who freed it from almost certain sinking in the recent floods.

It came to us at MNCC on I think the Tuesday after the Easter break and was swiftly moved on.

Two lads with an outboard held on by a wing and a prayer.

recently a few stationary engines were stolen - and the owner put the same adds on ebay as the stationary engine world like the canal world is a close nit community,

i would think this boat is now on the riverbed.

How dare you cast nasturtiums at our fine canal community...

Just in case

$_57.JPG

Richard

Yes, I would have thought it would be far more sensible for the owner to post the message on a canal forum like this rather than on ebay. Perhaps they've already posted it on facebook?

Yes, I would have thought it would be far more sensible for the owner to post the message on a canal forum like this rather than on ebay. Perhaps they've already posted it on facebook?

it was on Facebook

Reportedly the boat is somewhere between Stanground and Marmont Priory.

if you see it, call Northants quoting incident number 236 of the 1st of April. Going by the name About Time.

Reportedly the boat is somewhere between Stanground and Marmont Priory.

if you see it, call Northants quoting incident number 236 of the 1st of April. Going by the name About Time.

Hmm, should heading past our house then, though by the look of it, it may not get this far. Er, call Northants what?

I messaged them on Ebay about this thread and got this reply:

It was on the river by the club by Thursday the chain was cut and the boat stolen.
If you know the whereabouts of it now please call the police or get in contact with me.
Thank you

Richard

I messaged them on Ebay about this thread and got this reply:

Richard

Ah right, a day with a T in it, I had it from one of the committee and wasn't 100% sure on the day - hence I think....

They had tied up to a small platform we use to fetch water from the river for a memorial garden.

They left without a fuss asking how long it would take to get to Peterborough.

Right, I am clueless with Facebook, I can't work out how to post a link from my wife's account to here,

If you are in Facebook look up Friends Of The Nene then read the comments on this boat.

Our committee man is Steve Watson, it was at our place on the Sunday before Easter, Alan Buckle of Fuel Boat Bletchley also has a bit of background on it.

Not everything is as it seems....

Edited by gazza

Right, I am clueless with Facebook, I can't work out how to post a link from my wife's account to here,

If you are in Facebook look up Friends Of The Nene then read the comments on this boat.

Our committee man is Steve Watson, it was at our place on the Sunday before Easter, Alan Buckle of Fuel Boat Bletchley also has a bit of background on it.

Not everything is as it seems....

that is a closed group and can only be read by members of the group