Any moorings in or around the Manchester area?

tommyleyland

Featured Posts

We're looking for something in or around Manchester as my girlfriend is starting Uni in July so we're pretty desperate. We're open minded about different spots. Any private land, fields, marinas would be a welcome sight.

If anyone has any contacts too please let me know.

I appreciate your time :)

I would suggest that a 'farmers field' or 'private land' will not provide you with the facilities you need.

MY OWN take on that (everyone is different) is that living aboard and working tends to pile on the pressure and having to start generating your own electricity when you come home at night, or running out of water and then having to move the boat (miles ?) to fill up the tank, pumping out the toilet, or carrying cassettes for 'miles' is not conducive to relaxed living.

Having a mooring in a marina does not have the 'open countryside' out of your window but that is the 'cost' in having the utilities close at hand ?

You can always get out of the marina and go cruising at weekends and holidays.

I would suggest that a 'farmers field' or 'private land' will not provide you with the facilities you need.

MY OWN take on that (everyone is different) is that living aboard and working tends to pile on the pressure and having to start generating your own electricity when you come home at night, or running out of water and then having to move the boat (miles ?) to fill up the tank, pumping out the toilet, or carrying cassettes for 'miles' is not conducive to relaxed living.

Having a mooring in a marina does not have the 'open countryside' out of your window but that is the 'cost' in having the utilities close at hand ?

You can always get out of the marina and go cruising at weekends and holidays.

Sorry I guess people don't know our living situation.

I work from home and keep the boat very well maintained whilst continuously cruising. Having to move to get water/waste disposal isn't an issue hence why I said we're flexible with the mooring type.

Another reason we're flexible with the mooring type is because we know there's very few out there these days so we want to keep our minds open.

Generating electricity is no issue either after many discussions on this forum and a pretty decent upgrade to our installation.

Sorry I guess people don't know our living situation.

I work from home and keep the boat very well maintained whilst continuously cruising. Having to move to get water/waste disposal isn't an issue hence why I said we're flexible with the mooring type.

Another reason we're flexible with the mooring type is because we know there's very few out there these days so we want to keep our minds open.

Generating electricity is no issue either after many discussions on this forum and a pretty decent upgrade to our installation.

Ok - fair enough, if you are working from the boat then the problems I highlighted become 'non-problems'.

Good luck in the search

Been ringing them at Hyde but no answer yet sad.png

Try Warble Wharf in Hyde.

You can either call into the Scaffolding company, or to JWD rainwater goods round the corner.

There is probably no residential PP there, BUT it would be very easy to show that there has been residential use for a large number of years, such that a certificate of existing lawful use would be granted.

Fairly convenient for Hyde North or Flowery Field railway stations, and has power and water on site.

e