Widewater Lock - boat sunk 18/1 [Was Denham Deep]

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

Oh you're being very coy about this. Who is it? Sarah Palin?!

I would appreciate it if no-one actually named her seeing as there could be solicitors involved. Thanks

I believe she started a live aboard Facebook site as those of us that don't are just Numpties. I hope she was insured as its a terrible thing to happen whatever the reason.

Yes she was insured.

I would appreciate it if no-one actually named her seeing as there could be solicitors involved. Thanks

Yes she was insured.

This is a bit like the thread about the boat for sale but I cant tell you where. Her name is all over facebook if anyone wants to know.

This is a bit like the thread about the boat for sale but I cant tell you where. Her name is all over facebook if anyone wants to know.

yes i have no problem knowing who she is outside of this forum, just don't want her named here.

Fair enough, but I'm desperately intrigued about what risk naming a person whose boat really did sink in a lock presents to Dan.

Paradoxically I suspect even if she was named, her name would mean nothing to me, or most of us here. Or perhaps this is wrong, and THAT is the problem...

Fair enough, but I'm desperately intrigued about what risk naming a person whose boat really did sink in a lock presents to Dan.

Paradoxically I suspect even if she was named, her name would mean nothing to me, or most of us here. Or perhaps this is wrong, and THAT is the problem...

It could be libelous if it goes to court?

Quite, there weren't any in the vicinity.

which now makes me wonder why she was so hell bent in getting passed them if they didn't exist

It could be libelous if it goes to court?

No it couldn't. Libel is alleging something that isn't true.

Or would he libel action against Dan claim she didn't sink her boat and all the fotos are fakes?

(Edit to remove an unnecessary adjective.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Didn't she ask you to post it?

no she didn't ask me to post it, if you read the first line she said " I have no intention of doing son on other groups but if any one wishes to forward it then that is fine."

Hmm, let me choose my words with care here!

Those who ever venture onto Facebook will probably be very aware of the identity of the owner of the sunken boat, and equally aware that the vast majority of facebook groups have already called a halt to discussion of the sinking, because it has proved to be an extremely controversial subject, in large part because the owner is a controversial figure. The only places where discussion seems to be ongoing is here and a facebook group where the owner is the sole admin.

She is clearly having a hard time of it, but sadly it would appear that of late, she has made rather a habit of claiming to be the victim of all manner of improper treatment at the hands of what would appear to be reputable businesses.

For some people, there is always somebody else to blame.

she is no longer Admin or in the group

no she didn't ask me to post it, if you read the first line she said " I have no intention of doing son on other groups but if any one wishes to forward it then that is fine."

she is no longer Admin or in the group

Sorry if I got it slightly wrong but couldn't find your post to quote. But she is obviously happy to have it posted here

There must be a moral here , boat cilled, sinks through boater error (?) and no volunteer lock keeper involvement and no great discussion compared with boat cilled , does not sink through boater error with volunteer lock keeper involvement great discussion and NBW coverage.

Edited by Tuscan

There must be a moral here , boat cilled, sinks through boater error (?) and no volunteer lock keeper involvement and no great discussion compared with boat cilled , does not sink through boater error with volunteer lock keeper involvement great discussion and NBW coverage.

perhaps it's the difference between boat owner sinking their own boat or someone nearly sinking a boat belonging to someone else.