Dyson V6 Animal Cordless - £239

Richard10002

Featured Posts

Dyson v6 vacuums are beginning to look like Ecofans.

Peeps who own and use them think they are utterly brilliant, while those who've never used one seem to condemn them as rubbish based purely on the quality of the plastic mouldings!

I own one but don't use one. They're brilliant, I'm told.

You don't have to have 240v to charge up your dyson. 12v does it brilliantly

Dyson do 12v chargers to charge your hand helds as I pointed out on a previous dyson thread

Also if you have the charging station, it fits into this as well

So you never have to rely on 240 v to charge your dyson

Link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X12v+dyson+charger.TRS0&_nkw=12v+dyson+charger&_sacat=0

Edited by bigcol

Blimey! You've got to be pretty serious about cleaning to pay the sorts of prices mentioned in this thread for a vacuum cleaner.

I agree!! :) I cant believe the money I'm paying for a hoover, or hoovers, these days, (and that I'm lucky enough to have the money to do it) ... but the difference in the experience for the extra money is immeasurable, (to me).

When I had a £50 Argos upright, it was such a faff to get it out of the cupboard, and such a mess when using the tube and attachments, that I didnt use it. Then I got an upright Dyson, (DC50), which was much easier, but still a bit of a faff due to size and the cable, and having to fire up the engine or generator to support the batteries for the 240V, (not critical to have the batteries charging, but I struggled with the mental picture of the Amps being sucked out of the batteries. Now I have a cordless V6, it charges up whenever the batteries are charging via the inverter charger, and I hoover as necessary, without giving a thought to hassle and faff. Spill a bit of sugar/coffee, whatever, bring some muck and leaves onboard, etc... a quick hoover, and it's sorted.

So I have a nicer feeling, presumably cleaner, boat, and a happier wife - you cant put a price on that :)

So is the V6 any better or different to the predesesor later DC44 animal please?

Col

I agree!! :) I cant believe the money I'm paying for a hoover, or hoovers, these days, (and that I'm lucky enough to have the money to do it) ... but the difference in the experience for the extra money is immeasurable, (to me).

When I had a £50 Argos upright, it was such a faff to get it out of the cupboard, and such a mess when using the tube and attachments, that I didnt use it. Then I got an upright Dyson, (DC50), which was much easier, but still a bit of a faff due to size and the cable, and having to fire up the engine or generator to support the batteries for the 240V, (not critical to have the batteries charging, but I struggled with the mental picture of the Amps being sucked out of the batteries. Now I have a cordless V6, it charges up whenever the batteries are charging via the inverter charger, and I hoover as necessary, without giving a thought to hassle and faff. Spill a bit of sugar/coffee, whatever, bring some muck and leaves onboard, etc... a quick hoover, and it's sorted.

So I have a nicer feeling, presumably cleaner, boat, and a happier wife - you cant put a price on that :)

Agree and the customer service is second to none

Col

I think I'll stick with my 50 quid Pro-action corded wet/dry vac from Argos for the time being. It's obviously not as nice as a cordless but it's the most powerful vacuum I've used and not really that much of a faff. Then again I don't know any different. I guess I'm not really looking for the luxury vacuum cleaner experience as there's plenty of other stuff I'd rather spend my money on.

Edited by blackrose

We've got a dc30, its ace, I purchased the wide tool for quicker cleaning if the floor.

We have a charging dock on a bulkhead and charge it via the inverter.

It was only £100 odd from aldi a year ago.

Wouldn't be without it.

We have had a dc14 for 11 years, that too has been faultless, whether the new offerings clean that much better than our older models I'm not too sure.

One thing is for certain, the old Henry is pensioned off to only the most filthy of jobs - it doesn't get a look in for the car now either!

As for expensive cleaning equipment, we have just added a Vax Dual v carpet cleaner and steam mop to the arsenal, I can't stand a dirty car, house or boat. What price cleanliness? :)

An enery is not a Hoover. It's a Numatic. One of my pet hates after twenty odd years in the cleaning industry. Like saying you. Have a Ford when you have a Jaguar. Sorry. just gets to me.

In about, '91 or there abouts I was managing a large IBM Manufactoring site near havant in Hampshire. I chap made an appointment to come and see me. I can only guess it was Mr Dyson. I had 97 cleaning staff at the time. He left us three bag less vacuum cleaners as a trial. These were duly passed around the vacuumers over a three week period. Mr Dyson, if it was indeed him, returned to see how we got on.

Out of the fifty odd staff that tried it perhaps one or two thought it was okay. We produced a questionnaire for the operative to complete.

I remember then that they were to be expensive items. Not for commercial users I guess. Can't justify the cost of a Dyson.

You can't beat an 'enery'.

An enery is not a Hoover. It's a Numatic. One of my pet hates after twenty odd years in the cleaning industry. Like saying you. Have a Ford when you have a Jaguar. Sorry. just gets to me.

In about, '91 or there abouts I was managing a large IBM Manufactoring site near havant in Hampshire. I chap made an appointment to come and see me. I can only guess it was Mr Dyson. I had 97 cleaning staff at the time. He left us three bag less vacuum cleaners as a trial. These were duly passed around the vacuumers over a three week period. Mr Dyson, if it was indeed him, returned to see how we got on.

Out of the fifty odd staff that tried it perhaps one or two thought it was okay. We produced a questionnaire for the operative to complete.

I remember then that they were to be expensive items. Not for commercial users I guess. Can't justify the cost of a Dyson.

Did they keep many pets in the offices?

So is the V6 any better or different to the predesesor later DC44 animal please?

Col

Agree and the customer service is second to none

Col

At home the upgrade to the Animal V6 was from the handheld DC30, (or something like that), which was £80 or so early this year. A definite improvement in suction, battery life, and function.

I'd guess that if I had a DC44, and it was working fine, I wouldn't consider upgrading to the V6.

I'd be surprised if Dyson didn't bring out their latest and greatest improvement sometime this year, but I won't be considering upgrading.

I think it's wonderful that we're all so DIFFERENT. In EVERYTHING!

I'm betting that, no matter what subject that I tried to find, previously considered to be uncontroversial and innocent, there would end up being 6 pages of argument, probably about something else.

I love this forum.

At home the upgrade to the Animal V6 was from the handheld DC30, (or something like that), which was £80 or so early this year. A definite improvement in suction, battery life, and function.

I'd guess that if I had a DC44, and it was working fine, I wouldn't consider upgrading to the V6.

I'd be surprised if Dyson didn't bring out their latest and greatest improvement sometime this year, but I won't be considering upgrading.

Thanks Richard for the tip

Col

After 20 years in the business I'd thought you'd have understood that the word "Hoover" has long been used by the British public as a term for all vacuum cleaners, irrespective of the actual manufacturer. Hoovering can also used as a verb even if you're using a Dyson. These usages may be incorrect, but they've been in use for so long and are so common I'm surprised it still bothers anyone.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

I can't understand why people keep comparing a Dyson V6 with a Henry. They are totally different.

The whole point of the Dyson V6 is its small and cordless and always just 'there' ready to pick up and use when you knock the salt pot over for example, yet performance is phenomenal. Unlike a Henry which needs to be got out from its cupboard, cable unwound and plugged into something, and the inverter fired up. Then packed up and put away again after!

It's a bit like comparing cars with trains. Neither is intrinsically 'better', they are both good in different ways although both are 'transport'.

• Greenie 1

I think it's wonderful that we're all so DIFFERENT. In EVERYTHING!

I'm betting that, no matter what subject that I tried to find, previously considered to be uncontroversial and innocent, there would end up being 6 pages of argument, probably about something else.

I love this forum.

Interesting conclusion.

The same observations are why I now spend little time on this forum. Like Gibbo I find it tiresome dealing with some of the members who just wish to argue for argument's sake.

It's a shame, because there are a few really nice and knowledgeable folk on here who generally get drowned out in the noise from the rest.

Tony

• Greenie 1

And,yes, I am aware that the incorrect term has been used for vacuuming.

I regularly scribble notes on a Post-It pad (not made by 3M) with my Biro (made by Parker).

There are loads of examples of this.

Perhaps you pay through the nose for convenience.

And,yes, I am aware that the incorrect term has been used for vacuuming.

it just occurred to me we have an Edward, George and Hetty at work - all made by Numatic and all referred to as Hoovers :)

I regularly scribble notes on a Post-It pad (not made by 3M) with my Biro (made by Parker).

There are loads of examples of this.

Interesting lists here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks

"Hoover" is listed as still protected but now de facto genericized in the UK.

• 2 months later...

I don't know, but are you aware that if its anything like the older DC31 the docking station is optional? The "wall wart" charger has a cable that plugs directly into a socket in the battery We have two batteries so that one is always on charge.

................Dave