Dyson V6 Animal Cordless - £239

Richard10002

Featured Posts

I don't know, but are you aware that if its anything like the older DC31 the docking station is optional? The "wall wart" charger has a cable that plugs directly into a socket in the battery We have two batteries so that one is always on charge.

................Dave

I do! I have a V6 (well, two actually!) and yes the docking station is optional. I don't use either of mine. The charger lead can be plug directly into the socket in the handle.

Beware it is a different charger and lead from the older versions, eg the DC31. Nor does the battery immediately appear removable.

I do! I have a V6 (well, two actually!) and yes the docking station is optional. I don't use either of mine. The charger lead can be plug directly into the socket in the handle.

Beware it is a different charger and lead from the older versions, eg the DC31. Nor does the battery immediately appear removable.

Warning. Money-making ploy at work here.

Dysons are massively over-priced for what is effectively a few bits of plastic and an electric motor.

But I will give them one thing. They ARE easy to take apart and service. Armed with a long Torx screwdriver, you can strip 'em down and reassemble them in no time at all.

Interesting conclusion.

The same observations are why I now spend little time on this forum. Like Gibbo I find it tiresome dealing with some of the members who just wish to argue for argument's sake.

It's a shame, because there are a few really nice and knowledgeable folk on here who generally get drowned out in the noise from the rest.

Tony

Usually, the equipment threads are OK (or were until somebody I won't mention appeared).

Stick around if you can. It's the knowledgeable few who make this place what it is, at its best.

Dysons are massively over-priced for what is effectively a few bits of plastic and an electric motor.

I struggled for a long time with the price but, having bought a few cheaper, supposedly better value, hoovers, we have now bought 2 uprights and 2 Handheld V6, one of each for home and boat. That's around a thousand quid on hoovers! but so much better than any alternatives.

I struggled for a long time with the price but, having bought a few cheaper, supposedly better value, hoovers, we have now bought 2 uprights and 2 Handheld V6, one of each for home and boat. That's around a thousand quid on hoovers! but so much better than any alternatives.

You haven't tried a Miele.

But in fairness, you'd have spent another thousand. Appropriate for a boat hoover.

Meile do cordless now?

Exactly my experience too. Dysons are an order of magnitude better, and only twice the price. In my opinion.

That looks like a floor hoover? the Dyson is a handheld that doubles as a floor hoover so much better for lots of boat jobs like cleaning the engine and getting the cobwebs etc etc ???

..............Dave

That looks like a floor hoover? the Dyson is a handheld that doubles as a floor hoover so much better for lots of boat jobs like cleaning the engine and getting the cobwebs etc etc ???

..............Dave

Ahh yes. The Multi does the nooks and crannies thing...

http://www.gtech.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/multi-cordless-hand-held-vacuum.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA0sq2BRDRt6Scrqj71vQBEiQAg5bj037IcTvnfszewK8kAOJi8F72fSOc8eM6c0WCsoImVyYaAjb78P8HAQ

Turns out the battery is removable, just need to take a screw out.

Boy does he make a meal of explaining this though!

That's good news. The batteries do eventually go a bit dodgy (at least on our historic model) and the Dyson then starts cutting out which is dead irritating, a new battery sorts this out.

Where are you? I am going back to Pewsey for a week or two if you are close enough to do beer drinking???

(not off topic...we might talk about Dysons and Trojans!)

...............Dave

I'm at Kintbury. Sure we can arranging some beer consumption shortly!

(Off topic: Remember that radio I inadvertently connected to 28vDC, making it fill the boat with huge volumes of acrid grey smoke and me nearly chucking it in the cut? Well I bought another, then discovered the smoking one actually still works!)

I must say, while the newer ones seem more flimsy my parents bought the clutched DC04 when they where new and it's still going strong now. When I got my house I bought the non-clutch model 'refurbished' off eBay for £50 delivered and five years on that's also sound.

Daniel

I'm at Kintbury. Sure we can arranging some beer consumption shortly!

(Off topic: Remember that radio I inadvertently connected to 28vDC, making it fill the boat with huge volumes of acrid grey smoke and me nearly chucking it in the cut? Well I bought another, then discovered the smoking one actually still works!)

Its a common misconception that smoke from electronics is terminal, I have found that quite often stuff still works after a good smoking. The loud bang however is a much more serious sign.

.................Dave

But in fairness, you'd have spent another thousand. Appropriate for a boat hoover.

Tried Miele over the years in various stores. Clearly excellent quality, but way too heavy for my missus, so they didn't even make the short list.

The Dyson upright on the boat is the DC50, which has a telescopic kind of handle, so stores at half the height of a normal upright.

Since when did vacuuming involve a vacuum? A low-pressure area ok, but no vacuum. Hoovering is a better term for it.

Does the term "vacuum" mean absolute vacuum or just a negative pressure?. A true absolute vacuum is a rare thing indeed and so makers of things like vacuum flasks could be sued under trades description.

Anyway, vacuuming is a whole lot easier to say than negative pressurin'

..................Dave

I'm looking for a picture here that equates to the trough between the rails that steam locomotives used ... but its not coming.

Superb image comes to mind. You don't need to post an actual picture!

Does the term "vacuum" mean absolute vacuum or just a negative pressure?. A true absolute vacuum is a rare thing indeed and so makers of things like vacuum flasks could be sued under trades description.

..................Dave

Well my physics teacher at skool used to say like a fully charged battery, there is no such thing a perfect vacuum once you start getting picky. You have to start setting all sorts of limiting parameters.

..................Dave

Can there be a negative pressure? I don't mean relative, I mean absolute. Surely it can only be zero or above?

Can there be a negative pressure? I don't mean relative, I mean absolute. Surely it can only be zero or above?

Good point. I used to muse over this point as a child. I invented the word "pullsure", for when pressure went negative. 'Pull' being the best antonym I could think of for 'press'.

Gosh, is that the time??!!