This is an appalling attitude by CRT to ethnic people

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Can anyone reveal how many youngsters actually read this forum? Even Mrs Loafer can't be bothered. (Mind you, she's far from being a youngster BIFF, Owwwww)

Fanx mate. I highlight the 'or' for your attention. There are also around 30 synonyms listed, for example 'fun', vivacity, high spiwits etc etc.

I look forward to hopefully meeting up with you sometime in the future and enjoying all that Fun , vivacity ,and high spirits etc

If her supporter was able to support her, but subsequently disputed, it seems from available information to be unfair to not accept her nomination. If she thought she had 5 valid supporters, but someone else has cocked up, then they are at fault not her. Given sufficient warning one assumes she could have found another?

I can't immediately see how she could have engineered this situation by her own doing, can you?

I agree unless there is evidence she manipulated her sponsors falsely you would have thought that If CRTor ERS made an error they would have given her the opportunity to find a replacement friend. She presumeably assumed she had done enough so , quite rightly feels slighted by the fact that she was not taken through to the next stage.

I look forward to hopefully meeting up with you sometime in the future and enjoying all that Fun , vivacity ,and high spirits etc

Does that mean you like my idea of fun and high spiwits, or is it a secret plan to thump me?

I'm already deciding not to organise a Banter at the Anchor Inn just in case.

Ah,first you give loafer a hard time and now you want to build bridges.I notice you don't offer to bring a bottle

Interesting to note that you have removed a few "sexist" jokes but left the thread title as an unfounded accusation against CRT. You have an interesting sense of priorities.

The topic title has been discussed within the site crew, and I feel that it is acceptable for it to say as the opening post states 'if this is true it is disgusting' and as it has become part of the debate. Obviously, as it appears to have transpired, the report on narrowboat world is not a true reflection of the situation then it no longer hold true that CRT are as fault.

As for the comments about female jet fighter pilots being removed, along with the various comments discussing them or their removal, including some which more latterly I have removed. Please not the following.

- The forum has a zero tolerance policy on sexist, racist, or violent comments and on personal attacks.

- We provide a forum for quality discussion, and ask for off topic content to be kept to the virtual pub area.

- Members of all ages visit the forum, and the site rules clearly state language and terms should reflect this.

- Site staff work hard and to the best of their ability to make the forum the best place it can be for members, giving their time for free as I do my own.

Hence regardless of your personal opinions, the posts have been removed, and I do not want to see specific moderator actions discussed in public.

If you have a specific issue with the way in which your posts have been moderated, which you cannot resolve with the member of staff in question, you can and are encouraged to take this up with myself personally.

If you wish to talk in public about the overall way the site is moderated, as long as this is done with the scope of the forum rules, I have no issue at all with this for which there is good precedent.

At which point I really hope this is the last I will hear of this in this thread, because to be quite blunt about it, if you are not willing to use the forum as it was intended and within the quite reasonable site rules, you are more than welcome to use another forum elsewhere.

Thank you.

Daniel

Site Owner

Does that mean you like my idea of fun and high spiwits, or is it a secret plan to thump me?

I'm already deciding not to organise a Banter at the Anchor Inn just in case.

Totally agree about the Banter at The Andhor ...PM me and if you are anywhere near us , we will meet up and have a drink ...

D

The topic title has been discussed within the site crew, and I feel that it is acceptable for it to say as the opening post states 'if this is true it is disgusting' and as it has become part of the debate. Obviously, as it appears to have transpired, the report on narrowboat world is not a true reflection of the situation then it no longer hold true that CRT are as fault.As for the comments about female jet fighter pilots being removed, along with the various comments discussing them or their removal, including some which more latterly I have removed. Please not the following.- The forum has a zero tolerance policy on sexist, racist, or violent comments and on personal attacks.- We provide a forum for quality discussion, and ask for off topic content to be kept to the virtual pub area.- Members of all ages visit the forum, and the site rules clearly state language and terms should reflect this.- Site staff work hard and to the best of their ability to make the forum the best place it can be for members, giving their time for free as I do my own.Hence regardless of your personal opinions, the posts have been removed, and I do not want to see specific moderator actions discussed in public.If you have a specific issue with the way in which your posts have been moderated, which you cannot resolve with the member of staff in question, you can and are encouraged to take this up with myself personally.If you wish to talk in public about the overall way the site is moderated, as long as this is done with the scope of the forum rules, I have no issue at all with this for which there is good precedent.At which point I really hope this is the last I will hear of this in this thread, because to be quite blunt about it, if you are not willing to use the forum as it was intended and within the quite reasonable site rules, you are more than welcome to use another forum elsewhere.Thank you.DanielSite Owner

Well I did write to you the other day about another thread..still waiting a reply....and as for using another forum it seems that whilst this is still a useful discussion forum it would be nice to be all treated equally and for robust discussion to be allowed....quite frankly worse language and behaviour can be seen on the television well before the watershed on most nights.

Cheers

Gareth

You were a naughty boy and had your wrist slapped. Now stop grandstanding and giving the mods a hard time.

Yes I had my wrist slapped for using a banned word that exists in 57 posts in the forum. Naughty me. Never mind, if you were a mod you would have banned me so I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies.

I'm wandering if one of the names placed on the woman's election page was maybe not a "friend". Perhaps a boater or something?

Manually typed in I guess?

i guess some friends are also volunteers or boaters and thus would have several passwords and be entitled to vote in different categories. But the system should have made it impossible to log into the wrong category , if you could in fact do it - how would ERS know?

Well I did write to you the other day about another thread..still waiting a reply...

Gareth,

I have you PM sent yesterday open in another tab and quite literally would have replied to you by now if it was not for the time spend on this thread. There is only one of me, and running the site as to fit around the rest of my life, however you will have a reply this evening for sure.

Daniel

why would anyone put what ethnicity they are ? Gender is assumed because of name .To vote for someone all I need to know is some history of their experience and what they think the canals need .

• Greenie 1

why would anyone put what ethnicity they are ? Gender is assumed because of name .To vote for someone all I need to know is some history of their experience and what they think the canals need .

It is a valid point of view that a committe should represent a social spread of the users, and if it is someone's opinion that a minority of whatever nature is not represented enough I can't see why they shouldn't mention that they are a member of it. If you're not careful, most organisations end up as as white men's clubs simply because that's the way the bias has always been. Whether you think that's reason enough to vote for someone who makes it a part of their platform is another matter but it is arguable that it's relevant.

Gareth,

I have you PM sent yesterday open in another tab and quite literally would have replied to you by now if it was not for the time spend on this thread. There is only one of me, and running the site as to fit around the rest of my life, however you will have a reply this evening for sure.

Daniel

You could always spend a bit less time monitoring every word yourself. Isn't that what the 'report' button is for? Then, if someone other than you moderators are offended by anything, then you can put your book down and go take a look.

I know I won't be missed here, but I'm feeling that it's just not possible to have a sensible discussion on here, and might just not bother trying.

Hurrah, you might say, but some valuable forum members have disappeared for what I consider to be silly reasons.

Anyone up for a Non-Family Boating Forum?

smiley_offtopic.gif I've said for years that a lot of prejudice would be stopped by applying for things like this or employment simply with your National Insurance number. Imagine, the person looking over the application has no idea of age / sex / ethnicity. Basically until face to face interviews are held then its impossible to prejudge someone.

You could always spend a bit less time monitoring every word yourself. Isn't that what the 'report' button is for?

What do you think happens when the report button is used?

I can assure you it is far from a magic button, each report is processed which takes time and often involves reading through the thread in question, other post be the member if required, and then effecting and detailing the actions deemed suitable.

Daniel