canal and river trust stating none sighting

bux

Featured Posts

You are obviously aware that the speed limit for caravans & trailers is set 10mph below the 'national' speed limit (so what's the problem ?)

50 instead of 60 on a single carriageway

60 instead of 70 on a dual carriageway and motorway

I guess he would be the first to cry about a caravan blocking the road snaking and turning over due to exceeding the speed limit and then blocking the road.

Hey ho.....

STRIKE

As I said very sad.

... but it does not count unless you land him.

I guess that he has already headed for a snag ...

Not being a miserable canal side maggot drowner like Crafty I don't understand the term 'headed for a snag'....Google was no help either...

Care to illuminate me.......

Edited by MJG

For those actually interested in the OP :~~

I wonder if the OP got it sorted?

That really depends on what you mean by getting it sorted.

If you mean offering to take a mooring, instead of moving about sufficiently far with a frequency that makes you invisible to C&RT's towpath traffic wardens, then the answer is yes.

Whether or not you think that's a reasonable and fair outcome is another matter.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

10012584_10204439284362520_6947583555711

I have quite a few photos of towpaths like this too.

I was thinking of posting a few and starting a quiz called "Guess which side the towpath is on".

I'd start with yours but I'm not convinced it isn't the towpath track over the top of Braunston Tunnel, which looks just like this in places.

I was thinking of posting a few and starting a quiz called "Guess which side the towpath is on".

I would call it " guess which side the canal is on" and reckon I would get more entries.

I'd start with yours but I'm not convinced it isn't the towpath track over the top of Braunston Tunnel, which looks just like this in places.

It's not braunston over the tunnel.

There's an awful lot of boaters who would do better to concentrate on their own lives instead of interfering in the way others chose to live theirs.

IWA I'm looking at you plus a couple of canal societies that have a track record of persecuting boaters who don't fit their personal grand plan .

• Greenie 1

There's an awful lot of boaters who would do better to concentrate on their own lives instead of interfering in the way others chose to live theirs.

IWA I'm looking at you plus a couple of canal societies that have a track record of persecuting boaters who don't fit their personal grand plan .

However (in the context of this thread) when boaters put their personal circumstances on here expecting only sympathy, when to the detached observer they are clearly not "whiter than white", they should not be too surprised to receive negative as well as positive feedback.

• Greenie 1

However (in the context of this thread) when boaters put their personal circumstances on here expecting only sympathy, when to the detached observer they are clearly not "whiter than white", they should not be too surprised to receive negative as well as positive feedback.

Hopefully having said that, you will bear it in mind for the future laugh.pnglaugh.png